Sep 25 2009
By: CHRISRHODE2004 Splicer 49 posts

Strange STUFF with ERROR (80710723)

15 replies 171 views Edited Sep 25, 2009

Last night i bought "C & C Red Alert 3: The Commander's Challenge" on PSN for $9.99 and when i attempted to download it....i received the ERROR code (80710723). i was like bummer (!#%*!#$*) and then i remembered this happened to me before when i tried to re-download one of my old purchases "Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty" and i received that exact same error. So i checked the forums and found many solutions about enabling the DMZ, disabling the Media Server, entering fixed IP's, and whatnot, etc. and none of those things worked. Since then i have replaced the router and even bought a new Playstation 3 but guess what - i am still having a problem downloading those 2 specific titles. BTW - i can download/re-download anything in my PSN account which accounts for about 330 downloads yet i still cannot download "C & C Red Alert 3: The Commander's Challenge" or "Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty". So i asked myself what do these 2 specific downloads have in common....?? THEY ARE BOTH OVER 2 GB (that can't be coincidence - can it??)....!!  Has anyone else had this problem or encountered something similar - PLEASE let me know or REPLY to this thread. i believe downloads are going to get larger in the future over PSN and i that would keep me from purchasing anymore content (I DON'T WANT THAT....!!).

PLEASE HELP....AND THANK YOU....!! 

Message 1 of 16 (171 Views)
Sackboy
600 posts

Re: Strange STUFF with ERROR (80710723)

Sep 25, 2009
since it only happens to you with large titles it tells me it's a problem with your internet speed - specifically timing out at some point - either get faster service or better equipment - have you looked at the modem ? - either that or download in the background and pause whenever it slows down - hope this helps
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things
... George Carlin
Message 2 of 16 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 25, 2009

CHRISRHODE2004 wrote:

Last night i bought "C & C Red Alert 3: The Commander's Challenge" on PSN for $9.99 and when i attempted to download it....i received the ERROR code (80710723). i was like bummer (!#%*!#$*) and then i remembered this happened to me before when i tried to re-download one of my old purchases "Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty" and i received that exact same error. So i checked the forums and found many solutions about enabling the DMZ, disabling the Media Server, entering fixed IP's, and whatnot, etc. and none of those things worked. Since then i have replaced the router and even bought a new Playstation 3 but guess what - i am still having a problem downloading those 2 specific titles. BTW - i can download/re-download anything in my PSN account which accounts for about 330 downloads yet i still cannot download "C & C Red Alert 3: The Commander's Challenge" or "Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty". So i asked myself what do these 2 specific downloads have in common....?? THEY ARE BOTH OVER 2 GB (that can't be coincidence - can it??)....!!  Has anyone else had this problem or encountered something similar - PLEASE let me know or REPLY to this thread. i believe downloads are going to get larger in the future over PSN and i that would keep me from purchasing anymore content (I DON'T WANT THAT....!!).

PLEASE HELP....AND THANK YOU....!! 

Here's an UPDATE to my situation - i called SONY technical support (upper level) and that it is my router and that my money i spent is unrefundable. For me that sounds like a "cop out" without any real concrete evidence to back it up - where does SONY hire these guys (do they have any tech background whatsoever....??). SONY tech are clueless....!!
i just tried purchasing a movie which was over 2GB - guess what....i cannot download it....!! But i was able to download another game i just purchased without any problem (BattleTanks - which is 95MB)....hhhhmmmm...go figure. 
PLEASE - does anybody on this forum has any real answers....?? If TRINE comes out at over 2GB then i am out-of-luck and i cannot play it.

Message 3 of 16 (171 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 25, 2009

DragonRay wrote:
since it only happens to you with large titles it tells me it's a problem with your internet speed - specifically timing out at some point - either get faster service or better equipment - have you looked at the modem ? - either that or download in the background and pause whenever it slows down - hope this helps
i have a very fast connection as i download 100 GB files on my PC in about 15 min (i have like a 5mb download speed) and BTW - my PS3 online games run at sweet FPS (no problems). Also - as i said i have no problems with my other 328 download or any connection issues eith my PS3 - just those 2 games.

Message 4 of 16 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 25, 2009
i apologize if i sound frustrated - this is just agonizing knowing that i just lost 10 dollars (and the fact that i wanted to play the game but now cannot) and that i may not be able to download any future "awesome" games from the PSN.
Message 5 of 16 (171 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1566 posts

Sep 25, 2009

CHRISRHODE2004 wrote:

DragonRay wrote:
i have a very fast connection as i download 100 GB files on my PC in about 15 min (i have like a 5mb download speed) and BTW - my PS3 online games run at sweet FPS (no problems). Also - as i said i have no problems with my other 328 download or any connection issues eith my PS3 - just those 2 games.

Just so you know, 5mb download is crap. There is no way you can download 100GB in 15 minutes with that slow speed, you're exaggerating. Since they're both over 2 gigs, your problem is the MTU setting on your ps3. If set incorrectly, it can keep you from downloading big files, or at least that's what  playstation tech support told me. Make sure it's set to automatic, if it is, try setting it to the highest number it allows. If this does not help, you may need a new router.

Message Edited by mo-mo88 on 09-25-2009 11:00 AM
Message Edited by mo-mo88 on 09-25-2009 11:01 AM
NEWS: After a warning from Belgium, the terror alert level in France has been upgraded from 'RUN' to 'HIDE', authorities have been told to prepare for further increases in the alert level to 'SURRENDER' and possibly even 'COLLABERATE' should the security condition continue to degrade.
Message 6 of 16 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 20, 2009

im having the same problem. I never had this problem until recently. A little less then a year ago i was able to download HD movies no problem. Then about 6 months ago i tried to Download Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty and couldnt. I had the same error code and the same problem. The purchase goes through, and it says its downloading but it never counts past 0kb or 0%. i called Sony, they claimed it was my router. After doing everything they advised me to do with no success, they finally refunded the money back to my wallet. A few months later i tried renting Coraline and Batman Gothem Knights in HD. Same problem occurred. Then last night i tried to rent Tombstone in SD and i got the same problem. I didnt hit me until i saw this thread. All the downloads that have failed on me are all over 2GB in size. i did a quick look at all 150 or so of my downloads, all under 2GBs except the failed ones. Ive been able to download PS1 classics, Marvel vs Capcom 2, demos, small videos, Pulse episodes etc. But so far anything over 2GB hasnt worked. I dont know why it would suddenly stop working. As i said before, a little less then a year ago i downloaded Training Day and the Boy in the Striped Pajamas in HD fine. But ever since Ratchet and Clank failed, I have had problems with 2GB files or larger since.

Of course i havent found a solution yet. I am waiting for my ISP to call me as we speak. Sony said Comcast started limiting the Size of any given download to 2GB to help fight piracy. They think Qwest(my ISP)may have started doing something similar. So i dont know. This is getting very annoying because i dont want to continue to risk losing money, and Sony customer service doesnt seem to be willing to own up to any problems on their end, who knows, maybe they really arent at fault, but they haven done much to help me figure out the issue. One of their guys said if it can be resolved then i just need to stop using the PSN. Thats what a loyal customer wants to hear(sarcasm)

Sorry your having issues too. If you come up with any answers let me know. As i will you. 

Message 7 of 16 (171 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 28, 2009
I don't believe that the problem is anything on Sony's end.  I too am unable to download anything off of the Playstation Network over 2gb, but I recently tried to download Windows 7 Pro through the MSDNAA and Digital River on my PC and I ran into the same problem, the download won't go over 2gb.  I am not sure exactly what the problem is yet, but the fact that it happens on my pc and my ps3 points to my isp and not the company providing the content.  On a forum discussing the Windows 7 download problem (I wasn't alone) about 98% of the people with problems used Qwest DSL for their internet.  I also use Qwest DSL and I noticed that others here have Qwest, so I think they would be the most likely culprit.
Message 8 of 16 (171 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 29, 2009

I do believe you are correct sir. I wish some of Sony's customer service reps would have helped me pinpoint the problem rather then giving the "its your ISP moron" attitude. =/ oh well. I changed service providers to comcast and it seems to be working now. I dont know what happened. Qwest must have changed something without telling us. I called and canceled the service today. With comcast im a downloading fool! i should try and rebuying Quest for Booty now.

Now that i think about it, my wife was having issues trying to back up her website. I didnt think anything of it because i thought it was a Host Rocket issue. But Qwest was probably the likely culprit in that case as well. 

Thanks for the Reply. i didnt think to update my status on the problem until you replied to my previous post. Thanks. 

So Chris, if you still having issues, trying changing you ISP. I know it sounds easier then it is, but its worth the try.

Message 9 of 16 (171 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Nov 25, 2009

Wow, I'm using Qwest as well and having the EXACT same problem.  Thanks Qwest (major sarcasm)

Message 10 of 16 (171 Views)