Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Re: Stop with the backwards compatibility talk

Feb 28, 2013
So if it dies go buy a used PS3? Or is that beneath you ? Quite honestly people crying over not having BC is getting sickening. Learn to have self control and buy a ps4 when you can afford it and have both a PS3 and the PS4. Or wait to buy one at your pawn shop with 6 months, I'm sure they'll have one by then .
Message 11 of 18 (103 Views)
Sackboy
489 posts

Feb 28, 2013

bowhunter4L wrote:
So if it dies go buy a used PS3? Or is that beneath you ? Quite honestly people crying over not having BC is getting sickening. Learn to have self control and buy a ps4 when you can afford it and have both a PS3 and the PS4. Or wait to buy one at your pawn shop with 6 months, I'm sure they'll have one by then .

From my experience with ps3. Never buy one used. There are people out there who's ps3 got ylod, then reflow with heat gun and try to get rid of it b4 it gets the ylod again. Buying used ps3, expect it to break in 3 months or so. Why spend half the price of a brand new ps3 when it doesnt have any warranty on it and who knows how long it will last. At least, a brand new ps3 has 1 year warranty, you can buy extra warranty for another $50 bucks or so, and expect it to last 3-5 years.

Message 12 of 18 (99 Views)
Sackboy
573 posts

Mar 1, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

Agreed!

Time for a "Let's look forward to the new experience rather than backward for compatibility" thread.

because i cant already do all of the "new "social networking crap already on a PC or phone or a number of other small electronic devices, and the graphics wont only be marginally better than the PS3's so just what exactly about this experience will be new for you?

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 13 of 18 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3510 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Talk about an ironic thread! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 18 (93 Views)
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Mar 1, 2013
Well I've boughten 3 used ps3s one for me and one for each of my kids and I clean them out once a month and never had a problem ( hav them going on three years. And I believe that alot of owners don't know how to take care if there equipment and / or get pissy when not winning a game and give it a wack or throw something at them and cry that it freezes up or ylod. Plus I know quite of others that have boughten them used and no problems when it was taken care of by the previous owner and they do the same. Hell I still have my home stereo that I bought when I was 18..and I'm 42 its called learning to mainten your stuff lol
Message 15 of 18 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

So if my ps3 dies in the next year or so, im force to spend another $300 to play my ps3 titles because my ps4 isnt BC with ps3 titles. If ps4 was bc, i wouldnt worried when/if my ps3 ever dies. im gonna have to save $300 just in case my ps3 dies, cause getting it fix wont last long. Been there, done that.

No one is forcing you... you COULD buy a used PS3..... or not bother until prices drop.....

fairly certain PS3 prices are going to sink quite a bit on PS4's launch. At least to around $199 with no bundle

Furiously Chaosing
Message 16 of 18 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Mar 1, 2013
it should be like this PS2 also plays one
ps3 should only play ps2
ps4 should only play ps3....

it would be pointless to allow all 3 b/c to work on ps4 on disc due to sony has to pay license for the emotion chip every time new consoles comes out.
Message 17 of 18 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

So if my ps3 dies in the next year or so, im force to spend another $300 to play my ps3 titles because my ps4 isnt BC with ps3 titles. If ps4 was bc, i wouldnt worried when/if my ps3 ever dies. im gonna have to save $300 just in case my ps3 dies, cause getting it fix wont last long. Been there, done that.

PS3 has lifespan of 10 years and by that time ps3 would be under 200, it might be 200 if ps4 cost around 340.00

Message 18 of 18 (65 Views)
0 Likes