Nov 12 2012
By: srcobranza First Son 5 posts
Accepted Solution

Stolen PS3

10 replies 432 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

Hello everyone, 

My PS3 was stolen from my house a few months back, I changed my pass and deactivated it through the website, but I always ask my self if the burglar would be able to play the psn titles a bought anyways?

I contacted  psn support and they said they couldn't do anything about it. 

Message 1 of 11 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2613 posts

Re: Stolen PS3

Nov 12, 2012

In theory, though I can't be sure since when I deactivated all of my systems (for security reasons) I could still play my PSP games even though it said it was deactivated. As long as it doesn't connect to PSN I don't think they really lost the ability to play them.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 2 of 11 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7019 posts

Nov 12, 2012

srcobranza wrote:

Hello everyone, 

My PS3 was stolen from my house a few months back, I changed my pass and deactivated it through the website, but I always ask my self if the burglar would be able to play the psn titles a bought anyways?

I contacted  psn support and they said they couldn't do anything about it. 

psn titles are online only ,     What shouldve have done is filed a police rport aand  gave sony this information. if that person goes online some how they  can track where  it is and they are arrest..

But to answer your question they cannt go online. what you should do is ,do a another police report to follow up on it. mkae  game stop or a pawn  shop hasnt  bought or sold it,

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 3 of 11 (411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Thanks a lot! Everyone

Message 4 of 11 (401 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

Hello, I too have had my PS4 stolen recently. And after going through the official Sony channels provided to the police department, Sony does nothing. As of right now I am filing a class action lawsuit against Sony. Please contact me for more details and information on what you can do to help and file also. Thank you.

edited to remove personal information. Please do not post personal information in forums. Thanks GuardianBelle

Message 5 of 11 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

MeDonovan wrote:

Hello, I too have had my PS4 stolen recently. And after going through the official Sony channels provided to the police department, Sony does nothing. As of right now I am filing a class action lawsuit against Sony. Please contact me for more details and information on what you can do to help and file also. Thank you.

What do you expect Sony to do? They cant go and get your system for you. In if who ever stole it never used it online. How could sony even try to look for it?

Message 6 of 11 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Apr 10, 2014
i had mine stolen and found it at my local gamestop . i know sometimes they are stolen by someone who just cant afford 1but the majority of the time they are taken to pawn shops and gamestops because its fast easy cash and iff it wound up at gamestop then they would have wiped the harddrive and info
Message 7 of 11 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4033 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Get a DOG!

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 8 of 11 (205 Views)
Fender Bender
3614 posts

Apr 10, 2014

save your box because it has all information on it cops and sony need to track it down...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 9 of 11 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Apr 10, 2014
@MeDonovan Stop necro bumping old threads. Nobody cares about your stupid lawsuit. You need to get out of the house more bro. And if it was that important to you, you could have just started a new thread so that people could laugh at you there, but this just makes you look even dumber that you already are for saying you're suing Sony lol
Message 10 of 11 (195 Views)