Survivor
2518 posts

Re: Still no PS4 3D with 1.6 update

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2014

3d movies in THEATERS is one thing, even I go see movies I want to see in 3D. I'll never forget Megatron gettign his head ripped off in 3D lol........ but it's not as popular as you think it is in HOMES. If that's all they looked at, the movie companies would prolly about break even making home movies in 3D..... if that.  Ya like you said it'll be on the PS4, hell the PS3 is now 3D capable isnt' it? But It's not on the top of their list of updates......

Message 11 of 27 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Feb 7, 2014

heartagramvalo wrote:

I shouldn't have to go out and spend more money on something that should automatically be included in a next get console. **bleep** are you talking about entitled. I'm not in here trying to get crap from people, just info. If you can't give me any info on 3D capability, I don't see why you need to run off at the mouth. I"m not going to read someone's post, just to try and make myself seem superior. There are tons of people in my same boat. Entitled. Who's the one saying to go waste money on things I really shouldn't need.

Your first sentence really gets me...

"I shouldn't have to go out and spend more money on something that should automatically be included in a next get console. **bleep** "

I mean..  Are you the Next Gen Console God??  You make the stats and specs for the next gen??  You have no right saying what should and should not be included.. that's the manufacturers who make that decision..

Message 12 of 27 (250 Views)
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Feb 7, 2014

heartagramvalo wrote:
Exactly my thoughts.

And its my thought, that 3D is a gimmick.

numbers wise, 3D doesn't sell as well as studios thought it would.

No one likes paying $15+ to watch a movie in 3D if they can watch it in 2D for half the price.

I have maybe 5 3D movies, and I have NO desire to watch either of them in 3D ever again.

How does that feel?

When something that OTHERS want, you dont like?

Sony felt headset support was more important. And now MANY people are happy that they can use their Pulse and Pulse Elite headsets wirelessly.

3D support is coming.... but NOT on your timeline.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 27 (233 Views)
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Feb 7, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

heartagramvalo wrote:
Exactly my thoughts.

And its my thought, that 3D is a gimmick.

numbers wise, 3D doesn't sell as well as studios thought it would.

No one likes paying $15+ to watch a movie in 3D if they can watch it in 2D for half the price.

I have maybe 5 3D movies, and I have NO desire to watch either of them in 3D ever again.

How does that feel?

When something that OTHERS want, you dont like?

Sony felt headset support was more important. And now MANY people are happy that they can use their Pulse and Pulse Elite headsets wirelessly.

3D support is coming.... but NOT on your timeline.

Yeah,  if anything,  even themes is higher up on sonys priority list of updates lol. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 27 (231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 3, 2014

I agree that headphone support should have been included at launch, but I think 3d blu ray support should have also been included as a priority. Sony invented this tech, so why its taking so long to implement is beyond me. 

I have looked at 4K tv sets and don't believe they are a viable right now, unless you are rich and can blow 3 grand on a tv with no content to display on it, or are a professional working in an industry that requires it.

The PS4 already supports 3d games and Trine 2 looks epic in 3d. The distinction between movies i've seen in 3d and what Trine 2 is doing with the same tech is vast, and a clear indication that 3d blu ray is anything but dead to developers that can be bothered to implement it, and actually want games to trancend the home entertainment barrier into the home experience zone.

Message 15 of 27 (166 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12313 posts

Mar 3, 2014

HWGuy14 wrote:
Not everyone has 3d and it kinda dieing out. 4k is the way to go.
There are more important updates needed than 3d.

Yup but PS4 isnt powerful enough to pump out 4k games, and who knows if it will ever output 4K for movies.

But it is powerful enough for 3D Blurays certainly and at least some 3D gaming at 720p or so.

So what makes more sense asking for a possible feature or one which requires a new console?

And lol at "not everyone has 3d" then saying "4k is the way to go"

So not everyone has 3d, but they all have 4k?

You must realise there were over 4 million 3dtv's sold before the HDMI 1.4a spec for bluray 3D even came out several years ago.    Today there are easily many more 3DTV's in people homes then PS4's.

The biggest problem with 3D is low quality hardware used by many, people see it and think all 3D is that bad.  

Nope you just bought a bad tv.

Plasma or DLP are the best way to watch 3d, but you still need solid content and proper glasses.  

A lot of in home 3dtv's dont have any of that.

Basically dont knock it till ya tried it(properly that is).

I dont blame people for this thinking, not everyone can do the proper research before making a purchase, sales people and low sticker prices generally get the best of people.

Cheers!

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 16 of 27 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12313 posts

Mar 3, 2014

SteveO1966 wrote:

heartagramvalo wrote:

I shouldn't have to go out and spend more money on something that should automatically be included in a next get console. **bleep** are you talking about entitled. I'm not in here trying to get crap from people, just info. If you can't give me any info on 3D capability, I don't see why you need to run off at the mouth. I"m not going to read someone's post, just to try and make myself seem superior. There are tons of people in my same boat. Entitled. Who's the one saying to go waste money on things I really shouldn't need.

Your first sentence really gets me...

"I shouldn't have to go out and spend more money on something that should automatically be included in a next get console. **bleep** "

I mean..  Are you the Next Gen Console God??  You make the stats and specs for the next gen??  You have no right saying what should and should not be included.. that's the manufacturers who make that decision..

Thats bs man.

You preorder a farrari 2015 edition, then you get it and it turns out they decided a car is for driving and you dont need seat belts, you dont need any form of entertainment like a stereo or cd/dvd/bluray player, they decided you should dont need interior lighting anymore because you not supposed to look around in vehicle, just drive it right?

But you have no right to expect those very common tried and true features because you are just a lowly customer, a customer who's money, along with his fellow customer brethren funds the design and production of that vehicle.  No right at all.........

You dont understand the customer is always right, and always has the right to expect the latest features in the latest products as well as the old standbys.

But all you can do is vote with your wallet and hope enough of your fellow customers have the self respect and self control to do the same.  Unfortunititly its evident this is a rare trait and most custoemrs these days just impulse buy then try to justify the purchase by convincing themselves the omitted features dont matter to them, then they try and convice others so it seems they are less wrong.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 17 of 27 (160 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 5, 2014

If you've never actually used a Sony console to watch a 3D movie, then you really have no idea what you're talking about.  

While you may have bought your console for your own reasons, functionality as a 3D BluRay player was one of my reasons. Conversely, I couldn't care less if I can connect to Hulu through it.  Everybody has there own reasons.

Just watched Gravity in 3D in my own home 2-days ago.  You know why I watched it in 3D?  Because it was made to be watched in 3D.  

3D TV sales may be slow, but the entertainment industry couldn't care less.  They're gonna keep making movies in 3D as long as people will pay $15 a ticket to watch them in the theater.  And there's currently at least three more years worth of movies that are slated to be released in 3D.

Message 18 of 27 (139 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Mar 5, 2014
I must say that I'm not nearly as upset about the lack of 3D support as the OP, but I do wish it was there. That and a handful of great titles still to come are why I will have a PS3 along with my PS4 for the foreseeable future.
Message 19 of 27 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 6, 2014

4k is the way to go?  

please share with us how to get teh 4k resolution to display on the telivison that you spend 4k on, considering HDMI does not support that resolution?  HDMI is the primary output on the PS4.

4k is over rated yea it looks good but there are far less movies and games filmed or played in 4k out there than 3d tvs heck Im sure there are more 3d tvs out there than 4k tvs right now and 8k tvs are already on the way.  and unless you have a dedicated home theater room then its a waste of money IMO. 

So if the PS4 is capable of 3d it should do 3d.   Im also sure the select group of games that use the select few headsets that support was added for is way smaller than the group of people who own 3d tvs if the use the 3d function or not is a different story. 

Message 20 of 27 (113 Views)
0 Likes