Apr 17 2011
By: NUFC-Routledge First Son 8 posts

Still No PSN Since Yesterday?

23 replies 110 views Edited Apr 17, 2011

okay i still have psn error code when trying to sign in, its 80710092, i have tried putting my ps3 ip address onto dnz via my router settings, ive changed the ports on my router settings to try and get that to work ( not sure if iv done it correctly but i think i have) still doesnt work, ive made a new psn account and that hasnt worked either, ive disabled media sharing and that hasnt worked either, i rang playstation support thismorning and all they gave me was ports to be opened and said it should work after that but it doesnt, does anybody have any idea how to get online! i have had this error code since yesterday afternoon and it is a 120g playstation slim which was bought yesterday. i can browse the internet and use internet search on my ps3 perfectly, but psn is just a no go

Help Pleaseeee!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 24 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Re: Still No PSN Since Yesterday?

Apr 17, 2011

It's not down, it's your ISP.

Message 2 of 24 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 17, 2011

One thing I would try, is, if you are hooked up to a wireless router, or a wired router... do a reset on your wireless/wired router and internet modem.. Unplug your cable or dsl modem from the power (make sure your modem is a battery backup unit or not). also, unplug your router from the power cord... wait about 10 sec or so, then plug the cable or dsl modem back in. Wait for all the lights to come back on, once the modem has booted back up, plug in the power cord to the router. Wait for the router to come back online, and then try to connect to the PSN again. Routers and modems are notorious for causing internet connectivity issues. I reset my modem, and router every sunday morning. That way I have a fresh connection to the internet.

Message 3 of 24 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 17, 2011

from what ive been reading on here most people who have just created psn account in the last few days are having trouble getting online, i have a netgear router and sky is my service provider, ive rang them and thay say they arent trained to open ports for me that song said i need opened when i rang them thismorning, i also rang netgear to see if they could help but they said they couldnt :/. if its my isp what do i do to get my ps3 online considering ive alredy tried dnz, changing ports, ringing everyone, changing dns manually on ps3 etc etc, every fix ive read about on here hasnt worked and there are quite a few people ommenting with the same problem,, how can i get online?

Message 4 of 24 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 17, 2011

people make new psn accounts all the time, with the same ip address of their connection, and have the same issues. What it sounds like to me, is there is some sort of connection issue between you and the PSN network. Try resetting your equipment first,

Message 5 of 24 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 17, 2011

i just unplugged router and all cables even from th wall etc, put it all back together then reset it all turned off ps3 put it back on tried to log in and nope still no go, tried literally everything

Message 6 of 24 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 17, 2011

Also, make sure that the settings on the connection from the ps3, are set to automatic. That way, it will use the auto settings and hopefully get you on the PSN!!

Message 7 of 24 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 17, 2011

yep they are on automatic now, but ive also tried manual with the manual dns settings etc which i followed a step by step guide from somebody on here and that never worked, i have literally tried everything and i do not know wha is going wrong :/ everything that has worked for other people hasnt for me and i know there are few people on here in the same boat as me where nothing is working to get them on psn

Message 8 of 24 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 17, 2011

It actually looks like that the internet service provider "Sky" is the problem. Apparently the network system management is mistakenly classifying the PSN as a "heavy traffic application" and blocking it. Internet service is fine, but when you try to use the PSN apparently it is too much traffic for the internet service provider, and they dont allow it by mistake. I would get on the horn with them and find out what the deal is.. (I would be one mad SOB if that happened to my internet service provider... if you know what I mean.)

Message 9 of 24 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 17, 2011

Is "Sky" your only available internet service provider? If not, I would look into switching to another internet service provider.. doesnt sound like that company has any system management team that knows what they are doing.

Message 10 of 24 (110 Views)
0 Likes