Apr 07 2013
By: JEDEDIAHP First Son 17 posts

Stereo headset, and bluetooth headset

1 replies 116 views Edited Apr 7, 2013

So I have both the PS3 bluetooth headset and the PS3 wireless stereo headset. I use the wireless stereo headset on my PC and it works great. What I am wondering is if I can pair my bluetooth headset with the dongle that is used for the stereo headset. I would like to be able to use the smaller bluetooth headset on my PC somtimes instead of wearing the big honkin stereo headset. I do have a bluetooth adapter but cant quite seem to pair the bluetooth headset properly to it.

Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
11010 posts

Re: Stereo headset, and bluetooth headset

Apr 7, 2013

JEDEDIAHP wrote:

So I have both the PS3 bluetooth headset and the PS3 wireless stereo headset. I use the wireless stereo headset on my PC and it works great. What I am wondering is if I can pair my bluetooth headset with the dongle that is used for the stereo headset. I would like to be able to use the smaller bluetooth headset on my PC somtimes instead of wearing the big honkin stereo headset. I do have a bluetooth adapter but cant quite seem to pair the bluetooth headset properly to it.

The dongle that comes with the Stereo Headset is not a bluetooth receiver, and is permanently paired with the headset it came with, so the answer to your question is 'no'.

As for the bluetooth adapter, it is likely that it is an older adapter that is not compatible with newer headsets.  I would first check the adapter's manufacturer site and see if there is updated firmware and/or an updated driver for it.  If not, it might be worth looking into replacing it with a newer adapter (I believe USB BT adapters run about $15-20).

Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)
0 Likes