Sep 28 2013
By: Puffin_Salad First Son 5 posts

Status of GTA V Digital Edition Streaming Issues

15 replies 3566 views Edited Sep 28, 2013

Hey,

I thought I'd give a little status update to those curious about streaming issues being fixed in the GTA V PSN version:

1. Sony does NOT care if you are unsatisfied with the quality of the PSN version of the game. Requests for refunds will be denied. One rep told me that Rockstar was working on a patch but........

2. Rockstar is currently not commenting on patching the game. If you submit a ticket about the texture steaming issue they will tell you to delete the game data and do a restore file system and database rebuild. This did not help me at all. When I responded to support by email saying this did not resolve my issue I was ignored. When I phoned Rockstar support, the rep told me my issue was being marked as "urgent" and someone would soon be in contact with me. He did state that Rockstar is aware of the issue. 

3. For now even over a week after release Sony and Rockstar are leaving customers high and dry. Even though PSN streaming issues are well known, Sony is still not giving any warning on the PSN store. Even though Rockstar has made over $1 billion in sales they won't let us exchange our defective digital copies with disc ones (which to me seems more than fair since they either missed a huge issue during QA or just chose to ignore it). 

Message 1 of 16 (3,566 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29409 posts

Re: Status of GTA V Digital Edition Streaming Issues

Sep 28, 2013

Yes, we know. They're horrible human beings who kill elephants in Africa, run guns to terrorists, and steal candy from babies.

Message 2 of 16 (3,563 Views)
MVP Support
10161 posts

Sep 28, 2013
So...Rockstar are aware you said? Then why are you here ranting? It's not a quick process to just "fix" the issues that are apparent in the digital version. They have to go through a tremendous amount of code to find the source of the problem.
Message 3 of 16 (3,550 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Yeah, no.  People spent $60 to get the definately worst version of the game. I've had cases when I was cruisng along in Los Santos and the road just vanishes. How do not take Sony and Rockstar as being kind of jerks about the whole thing? Even a public statement somewhere along the lines of "we messed up, we're sorry, we will have a fix done in a few weeks" would be annoying but at least understandable. 

Message 4 of 16 (3,539 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

Puffin_Salad wrote:

Yeah, no.  People spent $60 to get the definately worst version of the game. I've had cases when I was cruisng along in Los Santos and the road just vanishes. How do not take Sony and Rockstar as being kind of jerks about the whole thing? Even a public statement somewhere along the lines of "we messed up, we're sorry, we will have a fix done in a few weeks" would be annoying but at least understandable. 

Go make your own game. Release it. Then try to fix the bugs it has.

When you accomplish this you can come back.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 5 of 16 (3,533 Views)
Fender Bender
3418 posts

Sep 28, 2013

I'm sure Rockstar is more than aware of this it has been reported on by alot of huge gaming outlets. But you must realize they can't just patch it right away without proper testing. Commenting on the matter could cause more backlash especially since there's currently no fix. Give them time there's alot of bugs & glitches that needs to be patched as well yet they're still present, maybe a patch will come tuesday who knows.

BTW I have the digital version & it runs great for me.

Message 6 of 16 (3,519 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2013

Do you know how long it takes to fix a game? We don't know how big of an issue this is time wise to fix. Obviouslly it is if its taking this long. Man, it bugs me to death when people just think things can be done with a snap of the fingers. If it was really that easy it would have probably been done the day the issue occured. They said they know of the issue and they are working on it, how is that not an explanation? I honestly don't think people know of the word "patience" anymore. Yes I understand you spent $60 dollars on a game, but you can't always get what you want, when you want it. Things take time.

Message 7 of 16 (3,488 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Are you missing the fact there is a fix for the problem? It's having the disc version of the game. Deauthorize my PSN version and send me a replacement disc, problem solved. Hell, Rockstar sends replacement discs for defective disc based games: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200148846-How-to-tell-whether-failed-installation... (see bottom of the page), all I think we deserve is a replacement disc for our defective digital copy. When GTA IV came out on steam with major bugs users got issued refunds on a case by case basis http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/12/gta-iv-pc-a-buggy-mess-steam-customers-ask-for-refunds/. Rockstar hasn't even acknowledged they can fix the issue, just that they are aware of it. Shouldn't Rockstar have been patient and tested the PSN version more throughly before posting it for sale?

Message 8 of 16 (3,423 Views)
MVP Support
24784 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Puffin_Salad wrote:

Are you missing the fact there is a fix for the problem? It's having the disc version of the game. Deauthorize my PSN version and send me a replacement disc, problem solved. Hell, Rockstar sends replacement discs for defective disc based games: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200148846-How-to-tell-whether-failed-installation... (see bottom of the page), all I think we deserve is a replacement disc for our defective digital copy. When GTA IV came out on steam with major bugs users got issued refunds on a case by case basis http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/12/gta-iv-pc-a-buggy-mess-steam-customers-ask-for-refunds/. Rockstar hasn't even acknowledged they can fix the issue, just that they are aware of it. Shouldn't Rockstar have been patient and tested the PSN version more throughly before posting it for sale?

That's not going to happen

Then ask Rockstar for a replacement.

Post results.

Message 9 of 16 (3,419 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 28, 2013

The issues with the PSN version is GAME BREAKING. I can see through the ground for about 10 seconds sometimes, things spawning five feet in front of me. We deserve an update, and if this is something they CAN'T patch then we DESERVE a REFUND!

Message 10 of 16 (3,380 Views)
0 Likes