Feb 28 2013
By: socomDEA First Son 1 posts

Starship Troopers

5 replies 65 views Edited Feb 28, 2013
Why after good movies have we not seen a game based on or following the movies? I believe that someone should create a storyline for this game as after defeating it make a sequel for it after. Can someone please tell me if we can get on this and feed the public this kind of great movie game?
Message 1 of 6 (65 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15699 posts

Re: Starship Troopers

Feb 28, 2013

socomDEA wrote:
Why after good movies have we not seen a game based on or following the movies? I believe that someone should create a storyline for this game as after defeating it make a sequel for it after. Can someone please tell me if we can get on this and feed the public this kind of great movie game?

Um, did I understand you right?  Starship Troopers a good movie?  Please, please, please.....NO!.  (my opinion)

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 6 (57 Views)
Platinum
55471 posts

Feb 28, 2013

socomDEA wrote:

If Starship troopers came out today it would have a game with it!  

Message 3 of 6 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Do you realize how terrible game-movie and movie-game adaptations have been with very few success stories?

Starship Troopers wasn't exactly a success.... even though theres several sequels... they are B movies at best and those class of movies don't get made into video games.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 6 (42 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9604 posts

Feb 28, 2013

socomDEA wrote:

There was a Starship Troopers video game released October 27, 2005 for PC. The game was a First person shooter.

Starship Troopers is a first-person shooter game developed by Strangelite Studios and published by Empire Interactive. The game is based upon the canon of the film Starship Troopers by Paul Verhoeven.

The single-player game features a campaign mode consisting of a series of missions connected by mission briefings. Multiplayer in Starship Troopers consists of three different modes; Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Co-op.

The game received mixed to negative reviews, scoring 3.8 (out of 10) on GameSpot and a 5 (out of 10) from IGN,[2] with both sites stating technical issues, such as problems with the AI and arachnid graphics as the reason for the low score.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers_(video_game)tumblr_m1wd0r34Ak1rnlowpo1_500.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 5 of 6 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
29186 posts

Feb 28, 2013

When I was watching Starship Troopers, I kept saying to myself "You have these huge bugs with giant pincers on their claws, and you just run up to them and shoot wildly at them? Why not bomb them from space?".

Message 6 of 6 (35 Views)
0 Likes