Oct 05 2012
By: TriP6963 Monster Hunter 37 posts
Accepted Solution

Starhawk single player not installing?

[ Edited ]
7 replies 260 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

I have downloaded the file three times and every time the file corrupts during the install at 14%.  What's going on?  I checked the download during the last one and up 55% it downloaded full speed.  I then paused it and continued the download at night where it finished the download without any problems.  But still corrupted file with an error code 80029564.   This is bull- I have already wasted over 30 GB of my 200 GB download limit on this file.

Anyone else having this problem?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Starhawk single player not installing?

Oct 5, 2012

Same thing happening to me

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Did you set your ps3 to turn off after downloading?
If yes then don't. Download it yourself and shut the ps3 down manually.
If an error still comes try downloading a previous game which you deleted.
Then you'll know if its a problem from your end or theirs.
By the way I downloaded it. Its fine. Awesome game
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

I did set the system to shut down after... but woke up every time before the download ended.  Will not set the auto shut down this time.  I have been downloading other games.  The games usually only corrupt if I have a power out during the download process, but I will always know if there was a power out cuz the console wont remain on.

I have noticed recently that one of the downloads messed up just cuz the internet reset, which is weird cuz internet resets normaly havent corrupted my files.  Most of everything has been downloading fine.  My system YLOD so I have been redownloading everything, and no game has messed up more then once and so far downloaded almost 250 GB of data.  This game has downloaded fully with no power outs and for some reason each time it corrupts at 14% which I find strange.  Anyways here goes my forth try.

Just on a side note, I've always hated the PS download system.  It's really archaic and is always a risk downloading large files cuz of the constant power outs in India.  Wish they would do something about it.  Can be a real waste on my download limit.  At the very least something to recognize that a file has corrupted before downloading everything.  It would also be smart to make downloads in partitions that way when downloading if the file corrupts the small section is the only thing that would need redownloading instead of the entire file.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Same here am in Pakistan
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Game finally downloaded.  Actually had a power out 89% into it but figured there was no point in restarting the download with only 1 gb left.  Was real careful the whole way through made sure I was always signed in; paused and unpaused the game whenever I felt the speed was dropping significantly.  One major difference was that I kept a couple other downloads open incase anything happened, the first three times I had all my other downloads paused to make sure it only downloaded this game, not sure if that had anything to do with it, the only time it went to another file was when I was pausing it.  Got lucky and it installed fine.  I think I used almost 50 GB trying to get this one, 4 times fully downloaded and more then a few times half way had a power out so I myself decided to reset those.  Looking forward to playing this one, at least it was for a game I want to play.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Did you set your ps3 to turn off after downloading?
If yes then don't. Download it yourself and shut the ps3 down manually.
If an error still comes try downloading a previous game which you deleted.
Then you'll know if its a problem from your end or theirs.
By the way I downloaded it. Its fine. Awesome game 

My downloading worked fine. I used the "automatic shutdown feature", after the downloading is finished the game installed by it self then shutdown the next day i played the game with no problem :smileyhappy:.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Look I downloaded Saints Row 2 and Just Cause 2 with this feature on and both times the installation failed on 14% but when I shut the ps3 down manually it installed without any problems. It could be a problem in some consoles or in some regions. I honestly don't know but it happened with me so.....
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (154 Views)
0 Likes