Treasure Hunter
4113 posts

Re: [Starhawk] PS Forums Weekend Community Event

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

Server name is in the first post, it' s in the banner image and in the middle of the post itself in a brownish color so it stand out Robot wink

I'll quote it here for you: 

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

"PS Forums Weekend Server"

Time hasn't yet been decided. I'm totally up in the air about it. I'm going to make my worksheet up today (server setup) If you that want to play can give me a little more information on windows of play time you can do, I'll do my best to come up with something. Right now I'm stuck with options for late at night and early afternoon and the twain don't meet on Saturdays. Robot surprised

Message 21 of 79 (196 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

There might be more people asking to sign up before Saturday is here. As it is, non-forum people can join in when the server is open, it's just so nice when it's the forum players taking up most of the slots though. Robot Happy

It's late in the game to get a new official other night for Starhawk, but I have long wanted it and there's no reason to not do it now. I think we'll gain a decent following, and who knows what it'll lead to.

Afternoon would be fine for me. If it's late at night, I'll try. But I'm ussually fast asleep at that time Smiley Tongue

And for some reason, the most popular server is almost always that one server that plays on the map Basin 

young beard signature
Message 22 of 79 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2709 posts

Feb 13, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

There might be more people asking to sign up before Saturday is here. As it is, non-forum people can join in when the server is open, it's just so nice when it's the forum players taking up most of the slots though. Robot Happy

It's late in the game to get a new official other night for Starhawk, but I have long wanted it and there's no reason to not do it now. I think we'll gain a decent following, and who knows what it'll lead to.

Afternoon would be fine for me. If it's late at night, I'll try. But I'm ussually fast asleep at that time Smiley Tongue

And for some reason, the most popular server is almost always that one server that plays on the map Basin 

its very ironic. back when the starhawk forums were still around, everybody always said that they don't like basin, but thats the most played map.

Message 23 of 79 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4113 posts

Feb 14, 2014

I don't want to play late at night!

I'll have the server up by 2:30pm and whenever anyone gets there is A-OK. I'll make room for anyone signed up if there is no room when you get there. Just send me a PSN message and get that accomplished.

The server will be full of different maps. I have a bias for both Dust maps. I just like them lots. Also Echo's Lost Canyon (though not as much as Dust maps anymore.)

I'll have a mix of maps and modes that won't be the same thing exactly until 8 matches at least, maybe more ... cycle it until ... who knows, since Host Migration has to be on or lose the whole server if my connection goes to ... which is shouldn't, but you never know, it is the internet, afterall ... and the server could live for days maybe. Depends on who's last in it, if I keep control of it, I'll kill the server at some point in the night, and re-up Sunday afternoon again, by 2:30 pm.

Message 24 of 79 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4113 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014

----------------------------------------------

2-15-2014

Server: PS Forums Weekend Server 1

Time: Up by 2:30pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)

2-16-2014

Server: PS Forums Weekend Server 2

Time: Up by 2:30pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)

Message 25 of 79 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Feb 14, 2014

Wow, good times. What Time Zone is this for though?

Message 26 of 79 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2709 posts

Feb 14, 2014

sunday is good. but i won't be able to make it saturday. way too early.

Message 27 of 79 (155 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4113 posts

Feb 14, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Wow, good times. What Time Zone is this for though?

Sorry I didn't include that, usually I do try to, since my East Coast Time prejudice is really big. Robot surprised 

2:30p.m. EST (Eastern Standard Time)

Message 28 of 79 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4113 posts

Feb 14, 2014

a_leenail1992 wrote:

sunday is good. but i won't be able to make it saturday. way too early.

That's OK! Also though, if you want to try later in the day, it'll probably still be up, I'm not sure who here will be in later or earlier, plus the extra forumers that didn't sign up could be there at any point in the afternoon to nighttime.

Message 29 of 79 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1208 posts

Feb 15, 2014

I'm ready for some Starhawk Weekend edition!

The times works great for me (when I am home). Hope we see some of the Wednesday regulars joining us and some new players as well.

Message 30 of 79 (130 Views)