Dec 30 2011
By: mindless_bullets First Son 5 posts

Spyro - we need a new one.

10 replies 60 views Edited Dec 30, 2011

we have not seen a new completely dedicated spyro game sense 2008 (dawn of the dragons) sony we can't let this piece of history go down. This francias has been a part of playstation and video game history starting back in the playstation one days. This game thought so many RPG's how it is done, I bet games like god of war probably wouldn't come around without it. We beg you Sony buy the rights to this game or at least convince activision to continue the francais as a full game and not part of a crummy game like skylanders... don't get me wrong it was a good game but a lot more childish then the real story of spyro. This is a caracter who deserves his own story line from saving dragon eggs to reviving dragon statues he has done it all. I bet you that almost anyone who played the game will say that they remember Mr. Moneybaggs, hunter, spark, and the newest friend cynder. It came to a shock that not a single update had become to previous version, no add-ons, no bonus content, not even trophies, this is the precise reason why sells were lower on dtd(dawn of the dragons) I bet with the proper advertisement and content this game would fly off the shelves. I am willing to bet all my 1,103 trophies on it. If you go to youtube and type spy right after spy vs spy and spy-kids you will see spyro thats how popular it is. I would be glad to post this on activision forms if they had any forms at all on their website. You must be our front Sony Spyro needs to come back thats it. PSN users we must come to gather leave as many comments as possible or start your own theard or discussion, but we must be heard spyro needs to be in the gaming future every drop of support would be appriated. SCEA and SCE, if you do this I can guarentee you will not regret it. Look at it from a financial stand point the last spyro game went cross-platform moving it to just PS3 would increase seasonal sells. It is a win-win for you guys. leave a comment if you agree or create your own discussion

Message 1 of 11 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: Spyro - we need a new one.

Dec 31, 2011

Step into a gamestop. They have a Spyro display.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 11 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2156 posts

Dec 31, 2011

they still make spyro games but it just isnt made by insomniac anymore so they arent actually any good

Message 3 of 11 (60 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 31, 2011

they don't make independent spyro games instead they tied him into a new series called skylanders which is complete rubish and if you read the special thanks on the dawn of the dragon you'll notice that ut said, " thank you for all your support these last ten years it has been a good run." this implied that they were not going to make another independent spyro and I don't know if you noticed but no not a single spyro has been relieced sense then.

Message 4 of 11 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jan 1, 2012

Spyro games couldnt compete with the better platform games that were actually MUCH more fun like Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 11 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Mar 27, 2012

I think they should continue the original series instead of returning to the Legend series if they ever dump Skylanders. The problem is that no good developers would work on such a game so the games will never be the same quality as the original trilogy.

Message 6 of 11 (60 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 28, 2012

I love the old Spyro games, but they are so out dated ...
If they brought back the original series in an HD experience, a lot of people (guessing) would go for it!

Message 7 of 11 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Mar 28, 2012

if they made spyro something more along the lines of the dragon gameplay in "draken the ancient gates/ order of the flame" (from ps2) on ps3 I would go for it xDDDDD

Message 8 of 11 (60 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 28, 2012

Sony? Sony has nothing to do with Spyro anymore. Activision owns the IP and publishes it now. They've taken Spyro and turned it into dog poo with this whole Skylanders franchise. I knew Activision would do something like that, now it's too late.

The Real Inuboy1000
Message 9 of 11 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Mar 30, 2012

inuboykendo1000 did you even read mindless_bullets post?

Message 10 of 11 (60 Views)
0 Likes