Fender Bender
3979 posts

Re: Spyro and Crash on the Vita

Mar 8, 2014
Ok, your problem is the vita isn't compatible with those titles, which was what I suggested with my first post. It has nothing to do with the region you live in. Sorry to say, they're ps3/psp only titles.
Message 11 of 15 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2014

tross88 wrote:
Ok, your problem is the vita isn't compatible with those titles, which was what I suggested with my first post. It has nothing to do with the region you live in. Sorry to say, they're ps3/psp only titles.

They are PS3/PSP titles only if you use a NA account, if you have an EU account they are compatible. Because, like I said before, they haven't been certified for use in NA.

Crash Bandicoot 1 - 3 has been available in Europe for Vita since August 2012: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/27/ps-vita-system-software-update-v1-80-the-full-psone-classi...

Spyro has been available since December 2012: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/12/07/spyro-the-dragon-returns-to-psn-next-week/

I do appreciate you trying to help, but you're wrong, and it's not helping. You can't argue against facts and evidence when the burden of proof is upon you.

Message 12 of 15 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3979 posts

Mar 8, 2014
Ok, you're right then. I don't really follow what goes on in other regions, unless it's relevant to me. What you really meant was that vita compatibility for those titles should be implemented here, not that they aren't available here period. My bad. I was trying to help, because I want things to work out for my fellow gamer. Sometimes the only thing you can do is sit tight and be patient. I've had to do it in the past.

Unfortunately, posting about it in a forum isn't going to do anything, even this one. Crash and Spyro aren't first party titles either. SCEA may have had their hand in publishing these older games, but Activision owns the rights to them, and it's their initiative to work things out with Sony to get the games working on the vita in NA. There may be other complications behind the scenes too. There are ways to get the UK versions of the games working on your vita, if you're willing to take the time to change your account activation, but that's completely up to you, and it's definitely far from ideal. That's probably the best solution though, aside from waiting for vita compatibility in NA. That, or investing in a ps3, or psp, but solution A, as time consuming as it is, is by far the one that will cost you the least.
Message 13 of 15 (360 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Message 14 of 15 (230 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
56 posts

Apr 24, 2014

Locking because of necrobump.