Mar 04 2014
By: MattDanam First Son 7 posts

Spyro and Crash on the Vita

[ Edited ]
14 replies 1071 views Edited Mar 7, 2014

I want to purchase a PS Vita, but won't until the PS1 Spyro and Crash classics are released in North America on PSN. Whether the issue is a licensing thing or whatever, you do what you can, Sony. I know TONS of people who want this on the Vita. I've read countless forums and blog posts over complaints about these games not being available in North America. These games shaped what the PlayStation 1 was, arguably being the most successful video games ever to grace the system along with Metal Gear Solid. Please Sony, do this for the millions and millions of fans who played these games back in the day. You know there's a guarantee people will buy the PS Vita just for these games alone because of how many childhood memories they brought to gamers. Do it, Sony. Just do it.

From,
a PlayStation diehard

Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 15 (1,071 Views)
MVP Support
18910 posts

Re: SPYRO AND CRASH ON THE VITA

Mar 5, 2014

Who exactly is guaranteeing that people will buy the PS Vita for these games? Will he guarantee that in writing?  Is he bonded and insured?  These games are already available to play on the PSP, which is still available for sale in North America, and costs about half what the Vita does.  If these games are console-sellers, as you claim, then why are those people not buying the PSPs that the games already run on? The games don't run any better on a Vita. 

Sony doesn't generally respond to these threads (which people have started many times, just in case you thought that you had an original idea), but I imagine that it is thinking that talk is cheap, and certifying PS1 Classics on the Vita costs real money. 

GKP
Message 2 of 15 (1,061 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 7, 2014
I posted this on the forum being told by a service agent that Sony takes a good look at the forums everyday. I posted this in regards to them taking a look at this, not you throwing in your ignorant two cents, so do yourself a favour and buzz off.
Message 3 of 15 (1,041 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
727 posts

Mar 7, 2014
okay i enjoyed spyro and crash back in the day, i just dont get y u wouldnt buy a vita cause these games arent out for vita. ur talking about almost 20 yr old games on a powerful device like vita. there are tons of games for vita that blows these old games out of the water. i just dont understand people logic of wanting these old games on vita. i would rather see new games for vita. but to each his own. just my 2 cents.
Message 4 of 15 (1,039 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Mar 7, 2014
Both games are available on the NA psn, and have been for a long time, so to say otherwise is incorrect. I'm not sure if they're compatible with the vita, mind you, so I'm assuming that's what the OP is really saying. If that's really what you want a vita for, I would recommend investing in a ps3 instead, or tracking down a psp online if you really want to take those games on the go.
Message 5 of 15 (1,031 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Re: Spyro and Crash on the Vita

Mar 7, 2014

I don't understand why they certified those games in every major territory except North America since they originally sold the most copies here. The only reason I can think of is that the Vita sells poorly here, so they are abandoning support, rather than doubling down.

Sad.

Message 6 of 15 (1,029 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Mar 7, 2014
What about croc?
Message 7 of 15 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Mar 7, 2014

tross88 wrote:
Both games are available on the NA psn, and have been for a long time, so to say otherwise is incorrect. I'm not sure if they're compatible with the vita, mind you, so I'm assuming that's what the OP is really saying. If that's really what you want a vita for, I would recommend investing in a ps3 instead, or tracking down a psp online if you really want to take those games on the go.

The games are incompatible on a North American account. It has nothing to do with hardware compatibility, just certification in this region.

Message 8 of 15 (1,027 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2014
@ALARM-clock: Yes, they are compatible with a NA account. I have those games on my NA account. You must be confusing compatibility with some other problem. Are you trying to use content from another account? The vita only allows you to use content from the account activated on the system.

Did you live in another region at some point in time, and move to NA in recent years? If so, did you create a new account for NA? If you want to access content from your old account, you have a few options. You can have multiple accounts activated on a ps3, and use content from any of them. You can switch the account activation for your vita, so you have access to that content, but you'll have to sacrifice the use of your NA content, or switch the account activation as needed, though the latter is a bit of a hassle. You can also rebuy the content on your NA account.

Other issues you might have, are issues of memory space, vita compatibility with certain titles, or firmware issues. Do you have the latest vita firmware? It's also possible you didn't see the content you want on the NA store, and created an account from another region, in which case, the above paragraph is still relevant.
Message 9 of 15 (1,007 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Mar 8, 2014

tross88 wrote:
@ALARM-clock: Yes, they are compatible with a NA account. That is simply not ture. I have those games on my NA account. As do I. You must be confusing compatibility with some other problem.  Are you trying to use content from another account? No. The vita only allows you to use content from the account activated on the system. I know.

Did you live in another region at some point in time, and move to NA in recent years? I've lived in California my whole life. If so, did you create a new account for NA? No, I've always used this account. It's a North American account, check my signature to verify. If you want to access content from your old account, you have a few options. You can have multiple accounts activated on a ps3, and use content from any of them. You can switch the account activation for your vita, so you have access to that content, but you'll have to sacrifice the use of your NA content, or switch the account activation as needed, though the latter is a bit of a hassle. I only have one account. You can also rebuy the content on your NA account.

Other issues you might have, are issues of memory space, (7478 MB free space) vita compatibility with certain titles, or firmware issues. Do you have the latest vita firmware? Yes, 3.01. It's also possible you didn't see the content you want on the NA store, and created an account from another region, in which case, the above paragraph is still relevant. I already own the PS1 classics, they are still on my download list, Yep, same here.

Here is a list of all the compatable and incompatable PS1 games on Vita. http://www.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/PSOne_Classics_List The list is updated regularly.

I also checked my Vita to verify that they are still incompatable (it's been a few months since I've looked). Took a snapshot.

PS1 incompatibility

Message 10 of 15 (998 Views)
0 Likes