PlayStation MVP
14237 posts

Re: Spike paid to not show sony conference at e3.

Jun 7, 2013

hjason1 wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Call it business of whatever but it is sad that Microsoft has to buy their way around intead of earning it. I'm not just talking about this rumor but everything in general.

This and some other factors are the reason why I dearly miss the days in which gaming was underground, an obscure business/hobby that relied on arcades, word of mouth, niche magazines and the dark corners of the internet.  I remember when this community was nothing but subject lines :smileylol:

Anyways, SONY ought to broadcast their E3 conference and all related content via their Crackle app. Talk about stealth attack :smileywink:

Sorry but this is no rumor, gametralers and spiketv plus another one refuse to show it...

Now how is that a rumor when all they will show is the xboxone and ea conferences?

I think it's not, it has been on every year until spiketv took over, g4 really has went down hill as a gamer channel...

Well.... G4 no longer exists.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 45 (738 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 7, 2013
oh well i guess i can read about it the next day no biggie.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 45 (731 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jun 7, 2013
It doesn't surprise me that MS would do this. It's probably the same reason why on my CBS station there was absolutely no mention of the PS4 conference in February, but there was a 5 minute segment on the Xbox One. I switched to NBC, on FEB 20 after I saw that CBS wasn't having any news, and there it was. Not a 5 minute segment, but at least the system was mentioned during the entertainment segment of the news.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 45 (727 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3079 posts

Jun 7, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

hjason1 wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Call it business of whatever but it is sad that Microsoft has to buy their way around intead of earning it. I'm not just talking about this rumor but everything in general.

This and some other factors are the reason why I dearly miss the days in which gaming was underground, an obscure business/hobby that relied on arcades, word of mouth, niche magazines and the dark corners of the internet.  I remember when this community was nothing but subject lines :smileylol:

Anyways, SONY ought to broadcast their E3 conference and all related content via their Crackle app. Talk about stealth attack :smileywink:

Sorry but this is no rumor, gametralers and spiketv plus another one refuse to show it...

Now how is that a rumor when all they will show is the xboxone and ea conferences?

I think it's not, it has been on every year until spiketv took over, g4 really has went down hill as a gamer channel...

g4 does exist, they just aren't a gamer channel/computer channel anymore.

Now they are japanese cartoons along with other stupid stuff..

g4 used to be awesome, then it slowly ran down...

Photobucket

750GB SSHD :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 45 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Jun 7, 2013

If you have a PS3 lol... you could always try to watch it in...................dun dun dunnnnnn................................ Home. 

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 45 (679 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3725 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

I assume most gamers will watch / read E3 coverage on the net anyway. That is where the real "ratings" are won these days.

Plus, I never cared for Spike TV's E3 coverage. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like the GameTrailers crew that covers it each year. preferred G4TV. I'd only watch the exclusive MS press conference on Spike, then turn it back to G4.

hjason1 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You're both right. "G4" still exists, but will soon be the "Esquire" channel in a few months. This was announced last year.

But, all of G4's original programming has been dead for awhile. :smileysad:

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 45 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3079 posts

Jun 9, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

I assume most gamers will watch / read E3 coverage on the net anyway. That is where the real "ratings" are won these days.

Plus, I never cared for Spike TV's E3 coverage. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like the GameTrailers crew that covers it each year. preferred G4TV. I'd only watch the exclusive MS press conference on Spike, then turn it back to G4.

hjason1 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You're both right. "G4" still exists, but will soon be the "Esquire" channel in a few months. This was announced last year.

But, all of G4's original programming has been dead for awhile. :smileysad:

Yeah because the current owners don't know how to run a gamer/computer tech channel. Sorry they ran it into the ground....

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 45 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3079 posts

Jun 9, 2013

OptimusC wrote:

If you have a PS3 lol... you could always try to watch it in...................dun dun dunnnnnn................................ Home. 

Actually home is only having the booth event.. Not the video of the conference.. Because their booth in home doesn't open until the 11th, and their conference is on the 10th at 8:30pm...

So they will not be showing the conference either in home.. I think something is wrong with no one showing the sony event..

Not even sony is showing the event is a little weird...

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 45 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3005 posts

Jun 9, 2013

hjason1 wrote:

OptimusC wrote:

Actually home is only having the booth event.. Not the video of the conference.. Because their booth in home doesn't open until the 11th, and their conference is on the 10th at 8:30pm...

So they will not be showing the conference either in home.. I think something is wrong with no one showing the sony event..

Not even sony is showing the event is a little weird...

You do realize that Sony is streaming the E3 Press event on blog.us.playstation.com and us.playstation.com, right?

https://www.facebook.com/events/329949940466269/

PlayStation®4

Tune in to the PlayStation E3 Press Conference

June 10, 2013 6:00 PM PDT

SEE IT FIRST

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 45 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Jun 9, 2013

who the hell watches spike for videogame coverage...lol

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 45 (119 Views)
0 Likes