Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
24701 posts

Re: Spike paid to not show sony conference at e3.

Jun 6, 2013

This is Microsoft's M.O. For all the people who kept saying when they got into the industry that "competition is good", and "they just want to compete", that is a complete and utter fallacy. Microsoft never just wants to "compete", they always want to DOMINATE. They want to make it so that when you walk into Best Buy or Toys R Us, your only choice is to buy an XBox, and they'll spend what ever amount of money they need to in order to make that happen.

I warned people twelve years ago when Microsoft was getting into the industry that if they did we'd see consoles that barely worked, terrible customer service, and you'd be nickled and dimed to death on accessories that should be included at no extra cost. Which of that hasn't happened?

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 45 (236 Views)
MVP Support
18665 posts

Jun 6, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

This is Microsoft's M.O. For all the people who kept saying when they got into the industry that "competition is good", and "they just want to compete", that is a complete and utter fallacy. Microsoft never just wants to "compete", they always want to DOMINATE. They want to make it so that when you walk into Best Buy or Toys R Us, your only choice is to buy an XBox, and they'll spend what ever amount of money they need to in order to make that happen.

I warned people twelve years ago when Microsoft was getting into the industry that if they did we'd see consoles that barely worked, terrible customer service, and you'd be nickled and dimed to death on accessories that should be included at no extra cost. Which of that hasn't happened?

Sadly, all of it has happened.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 45 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3359 posts

Jun 6, 2013

OptimusC wrote:

not really sure if this will happen or not... but if it does... there are many websites that will be streaming the show.. my personal fav is probably www.gametrailers.com, they seem to do a good job.

game trailers is in on it as well...

They refused to cover it just like spiketv...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 45 (225 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24701 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

GameTrailers.com is owned by MTV Networks. Who owns MTV Networks?? Say it with me boys and girls...

VIACOM!!

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 45 (223 Views)
Fender Bender
3359 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

Call it business of whatever but it is sad that Microsoft has to buy their way around intead of earning it. I'm not just talking about this rumor but everything in general.

This and some other factors are the reason why I dearly miss the days in which gaming was underground, an obscure business/hobby that relied on arcades, word of mouth, niche magazines and the dark corners of the internet.  I remember when this community was nothing but subject lines :smileylol:

Anyways, SONY ought to broadcast their E3 conference and all related content via their Crackle app. Talk about stealth attack :smileywink:

Sorry but this is no rumor, gametralers and spiketv plus another one refuse to show it...

Now how is that a rumor when all they will show is the xboxone and ea conferences?

I think it's not, it has been on every year until spiketv took over, g4 really has went down hill as a gamer channel...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 45 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10081 posts

Jun 6, 2013
Who cares about game trailers, just go to ign
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 45 (221 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Hopefully Xbox One will fail hard. Now that we have confirmation of some seriously unappealling features of the system it's heading in that direction. I've always thought Microsoft was sleazy. Also I don't have Spike Tv anyway and haven't seen the channel since 2008.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 45 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 7, 2013
to be honest i dont think i ever seen a sony presentation at E3... i cant remember the last time
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 45 (195 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Jun 7, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

GameTrailers.com is owned by MTV Networks. Who owns MTV Networks?? Say it with me boys and girls...

VIACOM!!

And who gets the most ad time on Viacom networks? MICROSOFT!

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 45 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Jun 7, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

And they kill with kindness..... The bane of anyone keeping brand loyalty to Microsoft....." but their customer service is so awsome". Yea, because thats a legitmate selling point

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 45 (185 Views)
0 Likes