Mar 17 2013
By: Davido650 First Son 2 posts

Sound problem with the Sony 3d display.

2 replies 95 views Edited Mar 17, 2013

Hey. I have a problem with the sound of my 3D display. I use  this display for my desktop. To plug it in I use a DVI / HDMI cable. Because my desktop only have a DVI exit. The problem is that there is no sound.

Can some one please help me.

thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Re: Sound problem with the Sony 3d display.

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

Davido650 wrote:

Hey. I have a problem with the sound of my 3D display. I use  this display for my desktop. To plug it in I use a DVI / HDMI cable. Because my desktop only have a DVI exit. The problem is that there is no sound.

Can some one please help me.

thank you.

DVI cables do not transmit audio thats why you have no audio. dvi/hdmi will not do audio because it has to go through dvi to get into the tv. One thing you can do is get a 

red/white female to 3.5mm female

To get this to work, you will hook in hdmi to dvi for display. Then hook in your ps3 composite and use only the red and white into the new cable. Go to settings and choose composite audio. Thats how I used to do it when I had it hooked to a computer monitor. Though it seems those cables are harder to run across. but lucky for you

http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-inches-Stereo-Splitter-3-5mm-Adapter/dp/B0009JFF7A/ref=sr_1_1?s=elec...

edit: fyi forgot to say. You will need speakers / headset for this to work. You might be able to use the red white composite into the computer audio slot on your tv if yours has one. I know mine does not but some do. Should work that way.

Message 2 of 3 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: Sound problem with the Sony 3d display.

Mar 17, 2013

thank you very much for the help.

me i need it to work with the spearkers that are in the 3D sony display.

will this still work??

Message 3 of 3 (72 Views)
0 Likes