Highlighted
Nov 23 2011
By: TheDster Gaming Beast 2257 posts

Sound issues with all ps3s slim to fat?

4 replies 44 views Edited Nov 23, 2011

Is anyone else having them,  I got three ps3s, 2 slims and 1 fat mgs4 bundle.  Ok i got a sony Bravia tv with the slims and a Samsung hooked up to the fat.  I never had no problems with the samsung and the fat system.  However i had sound issues with the slims to the Bravia cutting out from time to time.  I thought this was the tv, till i woke up this morning and the samsung and fat system has absolutly no sound.  I tried redoing the sound and shutting it down and back on and the tv comming on throws out the sound of off and on but absolutly no ps3 sound happening.  Do i need to sell the ps3s fast and go the other way before the two slims lose sound?

I also want to add if you guys are having these problems or others with Ps3 dont feel bad or think you wasted money, even though you did.  I wasted a ton of money i got almost 100 games 12 movies about 100 bucks in expansions and I think its time to move to other after this.  Before the others go out, i noticed theres a price cut but its not worth a chance thats alot of money.  How do i know theres not only a price cut and their software doing this for a reason?

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 1 of 5 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Re: Sound issues with all ps3s slim to fat?

Nov 23, 2011

Ok, we are good now, I believe.  I unplugged hdmi and plugged back in, dont ask me why that mattered but theres sound again.  It might of just been redoing my sound settings cause i had volume down all the way after that.  We are good to got Mgs bundle i got when it came out and it still works.  The only problem with that is the 100 percent trophy bars that i got show 0%, I dont know why that is but as long as my trophy score is good and comparing them to people work right no big deal.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 2 of 5 (44 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 23, 2011

Glad you got it figured out. When I read your original post I was going to ask if you had it connected thru HDMI. "Handshake" issues seem to be common. So don't be surprised if it happens again.

Message 3 of 5 (44 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 23, 2011

I've had my "Phat" make the sound incredibly loud and I was unable to lower it. I had to disable the internal speakers entirely and use just the surround sound system. Couldn't even mute it. It always goes back to normal when reset and only happens rarely but it's frustrating when in the middle of a game especially when it's late and my kid is sleeping.

Message 4 of 5 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Nov 23, 2011

Ive had that fat ps3 on that tv reset the video settings often automatically but first time i ever lost sound fully.  Slims are better but thats also a old tv to 1080i the fat is on.  I got a 120 slim and a 320 slim and i play all games on the 320 slim and use the 120 mostly for bluray movies.  but the only problem ive had so far with the slim not showing exactly what my trophy icon above in game section is the reefer madness La Noire expansion everything else is in that slim when i sync them both.

The 80 has had issues showing all trophies I got playing, in the game trophy icon since i got that 120 slim. the only problem with the two slims is that reefer madness though so far.  But also i never sync that 80 often cause i use it just for movies in bedroom.  But when i did i noticed problems showing all trophies i got unless you compare to others thru the friends icon then its completely accurate.

Message 5 of 5 (44 Views)
0 Likes