Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 2/5 Update - Guardians of Middle Earth Free + Discounts

Feb 5, 2013

I'm not going to comment on GoME as IGC because I'm a Vita-only user and didn't expect a Vita offering, so not really upset about that. However, I'm slightly upset at the discounts....

Big Sky Infinity: I refuse to ever spend money on this game, no matter how good it might be, simply because we were falsely led to believe we (US) would be getting it for free via PS+. It wasn't until release that we all found out otherwise. I don't know if it was Sony's fault, the devs fault, or what, but either way, it was a major snafu. As a good faith gesture, we should have been given it for free in the weeks since. Maybe I'm unfairly punishing the devs, but I don't like being lied to.

Knytt Underground: If it was reduced to $5 as you originally (accidentally) posted, then I may have grabbed it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming you for a pricing error...more like I feel $9 is still too much money for an indie game. Maybe I'm just spoiled as a PC gamer, able to buy indie games for cheap (often in bundles).

So nothing for me this week. Hopefully Wednesday brings a fun PS Mobile game though! Super Crate Box maybe? (it's already free on other platforms).

Message 21 of 47 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Guardians of Middle Earth: I'm actually looking forward to GoME. I know I'll probably get bitched at for sucking but I've never played a MOBA style game. Still this looks fun.

Karateka: I'm about 80% certain I'll pick this up.

Big Sky Infinity: I tried it out on European PS+. I wouldn't download it were it free, no offense.

Knytt Underground: I have to agree ith xClayMeow. I just don't know. The price point feels a bit high but that's with zero exposure basically.

All in all, not a bad week.

Message 22 of 47 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Also, any chance we could get an RPG sometime soon? 

Message 23 of 47 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2788 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Seems like a game I'd try (love fantasy games). Good update this week! Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 47 (279 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Feb 5, 2013
I might get middle earth not sure yet. I'd like to get mega man first though
My PSN
Message 25 of 47 (245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I just don't get it...you pay $50 dollars a year (or less) for a service that is leaps and bounds above anything that any other console out there is offering and somehow getting cloud storage, some pretty deep discounts, and the occasional awesome free game is not enough.  You whine and complain when the free game of the week isn't something that YOU want. I'd like to believe that the gaming community as a whole is not so self centered and selfish, but anyone on the outside coming into this forum and reading the comments week after week about the plus updates would probably not think very highly of our community we have here.  I don't know why people can't understand that PS plus is NOT fine tuned and catered to YOU, it is a service for the entire community. Sure, there's not always something for me every week, but there have been more than enough games and discounts that I have taken advantage of to justify my $50.  If there are those of you out there that have NEVER gotten anything from plus and continue to pay for the service, maybe instead of continuing to pay for the service and coming on here week after week and flooding the forums with negativity you should speak with your wallet and STOP PAYING FOR IT!!!  Contrary to what it seems like Morgan there are those of us who absolutely LOVE this service (even if there's nothing for me on some weeks). This post isn't aimed at anyone in particular, and I'm sure to get flamed, but I just wanted to put in my two cents as a plus subscriber who is sick and tired of all the negativity.

Message 26 of 47 (222 Views)
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Mochuuu i think you guys need to put up more of your own Exclusive games like gow1 and 2 stuff like that if allot more people play your Exclusives theres a Big big change they buy the OtherGames coming up i play Gow1 and got hook now i went out and got my self 2 3 and the other 2 ones Ghost of sparta and chains all cuz i play the 3 one sorry
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 27 of 47 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Thanks for the update. I hope to enjoy them.

I know Sony announced that they are going to stop supporting the PS3 in 2015, but would you happen to know what would happen to our DLC's?

I have bought a lot of DLC in the past two years and also don't want to pay for plus if it ends up getting cut off.

I just hope that I'm cut off from the stuff I bought. I'm sure most would feel the same.

Message 28 of 47 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
605 posts

Feb 5, 2013
No we would not.
We would'nt like to be cut off from our purchases.
PROOF READ EVERYONE.
PROOF READ.
Message 29 of 47 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 5, 2013
am i doing something wrong? Guardians of Middle-earth doesn' show as a free game for me
Message 30 of 47 (168 Views)
0 Likes