Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
48 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 2/5 Update - Guardians of Middle Earth Free + Discounts

Feb 5, 2013

i'm pretty sure i wont be renewing plus since the vita section is lacking.

i understand that it's still somewhat new to the vita but it's getting old never getting much more then 1-2 free games a month for it

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 47 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Feb 5, 2013

http://goo.gl/7W6Di   From looking at this list of games Plus members have gotten. I think Vita members have gotten the better deal in terms of value in the past few months.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 47 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I had the same question.  Update still in effect check for games again later.  I was told about 2 more hours from now when I called Sony up.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 47 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

Vailintine wrote:

I know Sony announced that they are going to stop supporting the PS3 in 2015, but would you happen to know what would happen to our DLC's?

I have bought a lot of DLC in the past two years and also don't want to pay for plus if it ends up getting cut off.

I just hope that I'm cut off from the stuff I bought. I'm sure most would feel the same.

They said until AT LEAST 2015, so it could very well be 2020. It depends on if developers are still interested in releasing content on the platform. PS2 games were still coming out in 2012 so I'd say it's a safe bet. Also 'support' most likely means they will no longer produce/market/service consoles or honour warranties etc. I'm sure they will continue to sell and support the actual games and downloads/purchases themselves. With their digital store there really is no excuse not to as digital stores have very little overhead compared to physical discs.

Anyway last months PS+ content saved me almost 200USD, so can't really complain. It's not fair to compare to EU as there are completely different laws and regulations in each market, so getting rights to give stuff away for free is easier or more difficult depending. They can't just pick from a list, there is a whole legal process involved surely.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 47 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

this month only are these games? a few ...:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 47 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 6, 2013

khewitt42 wrote:

i understand that it's still somewhat new to the vita but it's getting old never getting much more then 1-2 free games a month for it

Vita PS+ support was added in November, so since that gave us six IGCs immediately, we only received one game in December (Retro City Rampage), but then received three in January (Chronovolt, Foosball, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus).

One could certainly make the argument that, of the "new" games, only NGSP was of true value (or at least highly rated). But I think that's the trend we can expect...one "good" Vita exclusive and 1-2 other indie games and/or cross-platform (Vita/PS3) games.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 47 (219 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5648 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Positive is KoF leaves plus next week so probably a full ps3 game next week to replace it :smileyhappy:
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 47 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
587 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Sorry but GOME has PS2 like graphics and effects and you are at a severe disadvantage if you don't fork out another $15 for the other characters. Oh well. Atleast TPA is finally releasing tables and Zen 2 will be releasing 10 Star Wars themed tables. 3 By the end of the month. I don't count on Plus to sustain my library or I would be ticked. Even the 13 for 13 sale was weak in my opinion, there were maybe 3 good games and I already had them. LBPK isn't worth anything in my book. Bring on Uncharted 3 GOTY edition. I mean it was released last year in Sept. and there is still lots more DLC to pay for that's not on the disc. Bring your OWN titles to the store. That would be cool. Thanks for listening.

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 47 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Feb 7, 2013
I guess I will have to look up to the next update just like I have been doing for the last month. I will not lose all hope, I will wait for the game that will make my subscription feel like it was worth it. I may lose it some weeks and complain, but I know it's not all you guys fault.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 47 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 8, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

khewitt42 wrote:

Vita PS+ support was added in November, so since that gave us six IGCs immediately, we only received one game in December (Retro City Rampage), but then received three in January (Chronovolt, Foosball, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus).

One could certainly make the argument that, of the "new" games, only NGSP was of true value (or at least highly rated). But I think that's the trend we can expect...one "good" Vita exclusive and 1-2 other indie games and/or cross-platform (Vita/PS3) games.

Chronovolt and RCR were free games for December. NBA Jam was free the same day as Chronovolt, but it counted as January's game of the month. We can expect 2 Vita games a month.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 47 (103 Views)
0 Likes