Feb 04 2013
By: mochuuu SCEA 1487 posts

Sound Off: PS Plus 2/5 Update - Guardians of Middle Earth Free + Discounts

OFFICIAL POST
46 replies 1192 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

Hey everyone, 

Here's the update I wrote that was posted earlier today on the PlayStation Blog. Please let me know your thoughts on the update; thanks! I'll reply back to any questions that I can answer. 

You can see the original announcement on the PlayStation Blog here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/04/playstation-plus-update-guardians-of-middle-earth-free-kar...

Friendly reminder: The deal is on through March 4th: purchase a one-year membership of PS Plus and get three bonus months free. Current members can stack this value on to their existing membership as well. Learn more about the offerhere, or click the link below to go to the SEN online store.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus, or just want to add more time to your existing membership? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

February 5th PlayStation Plus Update

Guardians of Middle Earth (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members (Original Price: $14.99)

Take up arms in the clash over Middle-earth with the most powerful heroes from the greatest fantasy epic of all time. Form alliances with and against friends and jump into the wildly popular Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) gameplay. With 20 iconic guardians from Middle-earth, and new guardians coming all the time, it’s the perfect time to get lost in the multiplayer fray in epic 5 versus 5 battles.

Karateka (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus price: $5.00)

A beautifully simple premise with a fun pick up and play fighting system, Karateka blends old school gameplay charm with fluid combat animations and gorgeous backdrops and music to provide an amazing adventure with a ton of replay value. Are you skilled enough to rescue Princess Mariko with the fighting finesse of her True Love? Or will you need the power of the burly brute to topple the opposition? For more on Karateka, check outPS.Blog’s post from Assistant Producer Heather d’Evelyn.

Big Sky Infinity (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

40% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus price: $5.99)

Big Sky Infinity is a lightning-fast, randomly-generated game that adapts to how you play; which means, it’s never the same game twice. You pilot a spaceship that’s flying straight into an alien armada. The further you progress, the harder it gets, with giant bosses, streams of enemies, and unique events that shift the gameplay to keep you on your toes. It’s Cross Buy enabled, so this purchase will get you a version to play on both your PS Vita and PS3. Check out more Big Sky Infinity from the game’s director James Whitehead.

Knytt Underground (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

40% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $14.99; PS Plus price: $8.99)

Knytt Underground tells a quirky and strange tale that’s set in the future, hundreds of years after the humans disappeared from the planet. Sprites, fairies and various other lifeforms roam tunnels in the underground. With a curiousity about their origin and the meaning of life, they strike out to find those answers they try to understand the ones who had obviously figured it out: the humans. It’s a beautiful adventure with a vast environment to explore and story driven quests that will keep you hooked. Read more about Knytt Underground in the PS Blog’s post featuring the Creative Director Nicklas Nygren.

PlayStation Plus Update 2-4-2013

- morgan haro - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 1 of 47 (1,192 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2096 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 2/5 Update - Guardians of Middle Earth Free + Discounts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

In before the incoming crapstorm of complainers! :smileyvery-happy:

Nice update! This is why I signed up for plus. Not for the free games but because I am a gamer and I immediately saw the value of the psplus subscription. I used to have to look on the back of a game and hope it wasn't crap back in the day after shelling out 50 dollars. So glad the 80's are behind us! :smileyvery-happy:

EDIT: Oh and you might want to fix the Karateka price. You already knew it was goofed on the blog Morgan! :smileytongue:

Message 2 of 47 (1,182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Garbage deals AGAIN!

It's hilarious how the Namco-Bandai deals are better than the crap you give us for PS Plus. Keep up the developer/producer content deals and just formally announce Sony is giving up on PS Plus Subscirbers, fans, and the world by giving up on PS Plus and the Playstation brand/market.

And don't you DARE claim that this week may be weak and we should look forward to next week or the near future when we know for a fact that your PS Plus offers will CONTINUE TO BE GARBAGE.

Message 3 of 47 (1,180 Views)
Survivor
2096 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Well I called that one................it has begun!

Message 4 of 47 (1,178 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1487 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Feb 4, 2013

And remember folks; if we can't be respectful of one another, we'll be removing folks from the forum access. There will always be differences of opinions, but inability to have a fun discussion about games here and not resort to inflammatory comments; you're out, and I'll be happy to see you to the door. 

@morganharo

Message 5 of 47 (1,156 Views)
Survivor
2096 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I just watched that Knytt Underground trailer on the blog. Is that some Metroidvania type of game? Sure looks like it. I'll have to pick it up if so. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 6 of 47 (1,139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Hey Morgan any chance you can tell us if we will be getting Sleeping dogs this week, I already know you won’t tell us but I though I would ask anyway.

Ghost, some people have real complaints and just going around and calling them all babies, whiners and complainers really just makes you look like a fan boy. EU has already got all of the items this week for free except for Karateka, so to me that is something I should be able to complain about especially when EU has about 10 more full ps3 games then the US.

Message 7 of 47 (1,135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Feb 4, 2013

so morgan, are you actually reading the comments on the blog?

about what's the ratio of negative to positive comments about how crappy PS Plus has become since IGC was implemented? i gather roughly 90/10 neg/**bleep**, respectively.

granted some concerned subscribers don't voice their opinion there is in NO WAY you can say there are a lot of pleased PLUS Subscribers. Please justify any info with actual numbers.

also, please refrain from posting your political comments that we should look forward on what's to come to PS Plus when we know for a fact there's only garbage.

thank you so much.

Message 8 of 47 (1,126 Views)
SCEA
1487 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Feb 4, 2013

bamahollis88 wrote:

Hey Morgan any chance you can tell us if we will be getting Sleeping dogs this week, I already know you won’t tell us but I though I would ask anyway.

Ghost, some people have real complaints and just going around and calling them all babies, whiners and complainers really just makes you look like a fan boy. EU has already got all of the items this week for free except for Karateka, so to me that is something I should be able to complain about especially when EU has about 10 more full ps3 games then the US.

I can't disclose what games we'll be announcing before we, well, announce them. 

@morganharo

Message 9 of 47 (1,121 Views)
Survivor
2096 posts

Feb 4, 2013

bamahollis88 wrote:

Ghost, some people have real complaints and just going around and calling them all babies, winners and complainers really just makes you look like a fan boy. EU has already got all of the items this week for free except for Karateka, so to me that is something I should be able to complain about especially when EU has about 10 more full ps3 games then the US.

I don't think I called anyone a winner but I know what you are saying. :smileyvery-happy: Most complaints come across as vitriol and hate and just make it out that the service is garbage when it is in fact not. I've been gaming for 32 years and a service like this puts the rest of the gaming industry to shame as destructoid put it so eloquently. I didn't sign up for plus for any specific free games but it seems that most people have and need to speak out about not getting what they want on a weekly basis. It's silly. If you want a game, go buy it and support the developer so they can make more awesome titles. Don't wait for Sony to cover your gaming needs through your 4 dollars a month is all. Cheers!

Message 10 of 47 (1,118 Views)