Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 25 2013
By: mochuuu PlayStation Community Manager 1474 posts

Sound Off: PS Plus 2/26 Update: Plants vs. Zombies Free for Plus Members + Discounts

[ Edited ]
74 replies 880 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

Hopefully you’ve been digging into some of the free PlayStation Plus content this month including Vanquish, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and indie-hit Closure. This week, we’re excited to bring the crowd-pleasing Plants Vs. Zombies on PS Vita to the Instant Game Collection.

In addition, there are some fantastic sales to jump on as well including the Gamers’ Choice Awards discounts (winners announced tomorrow) and the PS Vita Anniversary Sale celebrating PS Vita’s first year. Read on to learn more about these exceptional sales.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

February 26th PlayStation Plus Update

Plants Vs. Zombies (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $10.49, Free for PS Plus members

Popcap’s irreverent take on the real time strategy genre is yours to play free on your PS Vita starting this week as a PS Plus member. At first glance, you may think it’s just another cute strategy game. Get your hands on it, and you’ll find an incredible amount of strategy that relies on everything from picking the right plants, determining their placement, and decisions while under fire from masses of zombies. The PS Vita version sports a ton of great features including co-op multiplayer, a ton of modes, and even some mini-games to keep you busy, making putting Plants vs. Zombies down an pleasantly tough proposition.

Retro/Grade (PS3)

PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $2.44

Retro/Grade Soundtrack

PSN Price: $7.99; PS Plus Price: $1.74

The game that turned rhythm games upside down is now available at an irresistible price for PS Plus Members! Starting at the end of the game and working your way back to the sound of head-bobbing retro tunes, you’ll need to ensure the pilot makes it alive through his backward journey through time. With 10 dazzling ‘backwards’ worlds, epic boss fights, and a seriously fantastic soundtrack, it’s a deal that everyone should jump on. If you like the music, we also went ahead and put the soundtrack on sale as well! You can grab it for $1.74 on the PS Store as a PS Plus member.

Gamers’ Choice Awards Winners Discounts

Various Discounts for PS Plus Members

You voted, now you’re about to reap the rewards. This week the winners of the Gamers’ Choice Awards go on sale at various discounts across the board. Tune in to PlayStation.Blog tomorrow morning to find out which titles won as voting is still on as of today’s Plus Update and the race in some categories is pretty darn close. If you need a refresher on the nominees and still haven’t cast your vote, click here.

PS Vita Anniversary Sale

Various Discounts for PS Plus Members
It’s been 1 year since the PS Vita launched and to celebrate, we’re placing a number of crazy good PS Vita titles on sale. Take a look at the full list. Though the sale is for all of PSN, Plus members, as usual, get extra discounts on top these already good deals. Take a look at the full list below.

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price PS Plus Sale
Escape Plan $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $35.99 $25.19 $17.63
Hustle Kings PS Vita $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Little Deviants $17.99 $12.59 $8.81
MLB The Show 12 PS Vita $17.99 $12.59 $8.81
ModNation Racers: Road Trip $17.99 $13.99 $9.79
MotorStorm RC Complete Edition $11.99 $8.39 $5.87
PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale $35.99 $25.19 $17.63
Reality Fighters $17.99 $12.59 $8.81
Smart As $26.99 $18.89 $13.22
Sound Shapes $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Super Stardust Delta $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Unit 13 $26.99 $18.89 $13.22

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 75 (880 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 2/26 Update: Plants vs. Zombies Free for Plus Members + Discounts

Feb 25, 2013
but the feedback from you guys on this note has not gone unnoticed nor unreported. While I stand by the value that Plus gives NA gamers, and still feel it’s the best gaming subscription service around, I can see why some might feel that this is an issue.

Is there any plan to actually start moving closer to what EU is giving, or is this just a bunch of BS? I remember several month before December you said that there was a discrepancy between the two services and the plus team has been working to fix it, but nothing has changed sience then. Also if you want to find a better gaming subscription service then you should look at the ps+ EU gets.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 75 (856 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3582 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 2/26 Update: Plants vs. Zombies Free for Plus Members + Discounts

Feb 25, 2013

Overall nothing much for me this week. Bought Plants vs. zombies vita a year ago and had fun with it. I already have most the games that will be on sale. Hope next week is better.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 75 (845 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 25, 2013

As fun as PvZ is, it should be noted that it is currently FREE on iOS (both the HD and regular version). Here's the HD link for proof: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plants-vs.-zombies-hd/id363282253?mt=8

As such, this update is extremely disappointing. Talk about awful timing.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 75 (825 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Plants vs zombies... Seriously

Nothing for me this week
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 75 (817 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
563 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Nothing for me as well, unless Borderlands 2 goes on sale 50% off. I just re-upped my plus subscription, so I am good till Nov. 22, 2014. How is that for loyalty Playstation?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 75 (815 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Morgan,

Great Update, PvZ is an awesome game.

Also do you know when Oddworld Strangers Wrath will be on sale for the vita?

I know Stewart had mentioned there would be a PS+ discount soon, was just waiting for sony approval.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 75 (811 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I would have been satisfied if the PS3 version was given out as well. (This doesn't mean I want it to be next months full PS3 game) I am just saying if it's free mostly everywhere else and I am pretty sure the PS+ team had high chance of getting us the PS3 version as well.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 75 (810 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28640 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

Plants Vs Zombies AGAIN, I know it's for the Vita this time but come on.

Nothing to spend my free $10.00 on from this update, one week there wil be!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 75 (809 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I reupped my subscription also. I'm good until August 2014. I have plenty of games to enjoy though. I still play nba jam (love that game), vanquish (totally worth the subscription), and a bunch of others that I got off of plus. So far the subscription has saved me over $130 in game cost. It has good weeks and bad weeks, but overall the subscription is totally worth it.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 75 (804 Views)
0 Likes