Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 2/12 Update: Closure Free for Plus Members

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

Excited for Monday, I already own Darksiders 2 and I doubt they will give out another Darksiders right after the other one. Hope I am not unlucky and get a game I already own. Haha. Anyways looking forward to Monday. Thanks Morgan for the heads up.

My top guesses:

Crysis 1 or 2.

Dead Space 1 or 2.

High hopes for:

Demon's Souls

Message 51 of 57 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
605 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Could be maybe and thats a BIG maybe that they give us Medal of Honour Warfighter cause EA has given up on it cause its not selling
Message 52 of 57 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3325 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I still say Saints Row The Third belly up THQ or Kingdoms of Amalur. Both great games and both studios that are shut down so it's probably an easier acquisitiion for the plus team to solidify. If they are smart that's what they'd do. Smiley Very Happy

Message 53 of 57 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
605 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Yep thats very probable.
Message 54 of 57 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Ghostwize wrote:

I still say Saints Row The Third belly up THQ or Kingdoms of Amalur. Both great games and both studios that are shut down so it's probably an easier acquisitiion for the plus team to solidify. If they are smart that's what they'd do. Smiley Very Happy

You couldn't be farther from the truth.

Though THQ is no more, Volition (SR3 Dev) was acquired by Koch Media (parent company of Deep Silver), so the fact that THQ is done doesn't mean anything as far as the ease of SR3 being given away. Not saying SR3 couldn't be given away, but it's not necessarily any easier.

Kingdoms of Amalur would actually be HARDER to get as IGC, as last I heard the state of Rhode Island still holds the IP (and good luck with Sony dealing with a state govt!).

Message 55 of 57 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3325 posts

Feb 18, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Ghostwize wrote:

You couldn't be farther from the truth.

Though THQ is no more, Volition (SR3 Dev) was acquired by Koch Media (parent company of Deep Silver), so the fact that THQ is done doesn't mean anything as far as the ease of SR3 being given away. Not saying SR3 couldn't be given away, but it's not necessarily any easier.

Kingdoms of Amalur would actually be HARDER to get as IGC, as last I heard the state of Rhode Island still holds the IP (and good luck with Sony dealing with a state govt!).

While they do own the IP they don't own the publishing rights to Kingdoms of Amalur. EA still holds that for the current game and it was recently added to the PS store. I'm aware of Volition being bought  by Koch but SR3 would seemingly be easier to acquire as  an IGC game because of the sell off. What the hell do we know though really? lol

Message 56 of 57 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 18, 2013
For all we know, if it is SR3, it could have been secured before THQ went under. It makes sense that the North American team would save it until now because the PS Meeting is one day after we get the game.
Message 57 of 57 (163 Views)
0 Likes