Feb 11 2013
By: mochuuu PlayStation Community Manager 1462 posts

Sound Off: PS Plus 2/12 Update: Closure Free for Plus Members

56 replies 929 views Edited Feb 11, 2013

Hi everyone, 

Here's the blog post from today's Plus update. Let me know your thoughts, and as usual, I'll be responding to any questions I can answer throughout the week here, and on the PS Blog: 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/11/playstation-plus-update-closure-joins-the-instant-game-col...

February 12th PlayStation Plus Update

Closure (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Closure is a unique and stylistic puzzle platformer that takes the concept of light and shadow and twists it up into something never before seen. In Closure’s dark and foreboding universe, the only things that exist are what you can see. An object properly lit up is physically there, yet an object shrouded in darkness ceases to be. Experience this mind-bending puzzler free as a Plus member.

Critter Crunch

80% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $6.99; PS Plus Price: $1.40)

Developed by the geniuses at Capybara games, this award-winning, critically-acclaimed puzzle game asks players to take control of the cuddly Biggs, a loveable jungle creature with an iron-clad stomach. Biggs is in search of the jewel-rich critters that invade his habitat once a season, and using his tongue to pluck them from their vines, stuffs them into the waiting mouths of larger critters. This sets off chain reactions of bursting critters that drop the tasty jewels for Biggs to regurgitate for his hungry family. Sporting an 87 / 100 on Metacritic, with 1up.com giving it an A and praising it for its “”Beautiful visuals and inventive puzzles…worth sinking your teeth into.”, you owe it to yourself to hop on this gem for only $1.40. Plus, it has a ‘Barfing Tutorial’. I mean… c’mon, how can you pass that up?

Alien Breed (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

20% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

This PSN re-release of the original run-and-gun shooter features cross-platform multiplayer between Vita and PS3, as well as ad-hoc/local and online co-op on respective platforms. With new content packing 30 levels of carnage, you’ll find much to love with options for original or enhanced visuals, and leaderboards for the more competitive among us. This launch week discount is exclusive for PS Plus members, so don’t miss out!

Derrick the Deathfin (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $7.99; PS Plus Price: $4.00)

Another PSN gem hitting a great price for PS Plus members; Derrick the Deathfin is a fast-paced arcade action title set in a unique aquatic world made entirely out of paper & card. Rampage around the globe munching on paper creatures under the guise of avenging the death of his parents. With a unique art style that sets it apart from other games, and great gameplay to boot, check out Derrick the Deathfin for only $4.00 as a PS Plus member.

NHL 13 (PS3)

20% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $47.99; PS Plus Price: $38.39)

With the NHL season in full swing, hockey fans may want to take notice on this deal. NHL 13 accurately captures the speed, creativity, and strategy of today’s NHL with revolutionary True Performance Skating. Sync up with friends with the real-world of hockey in GM Connected, the first-ever online multiplayer dynasty mode with cooperative and Online Team Play, or relive the greatest moments from today’s NHL in NHL Moments Live. With core gameplay innovation, connected experiences, and the deepest feature set ever, NHL 13 is the definitive hockey experience. Don’t forget to also check out NHL GameCenter video app which is free to download!

PlayStation Plus Update 2-12-13

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 57 (929 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 2/12 Update: Closure Free for Plus Members

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

derrick being on sale again.....ANOTHER sign that'll go FREE TO PLAY within the next couple of months.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 57 (920 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Feb 11, 2013

PLEASE STOP giving us GARBAGE "FREE" games on the IGC and just PLEASE revert back to giving us 75% discounts on better games and content we actually care about.

PS VIta discounts?  FAIL

PS1/PS2 discounts? FAIL

Themes? FAIL

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 57 (915 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Walking Dead Season 1 at Redbox for $2/day. I can get that Plat for $6 instead of chalking up $20 since SONY FAILS to provide us with the remainder of the episodes on IGC.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 57 (912 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10745 posts

Feb 11, 2013

This week isn't that exciting for me, mainly because Closure is not particularly a game I've been wanting that much. In regards to the game, it's a trial-and-error setup that didn't seem appealing enough to purchase. While I'm kind of happy to be able to explore the game beyond its demo, I'd prefer it if Limbo were the free game being offered. That one seemed kind of more appealing than Closure does on the whole.

As for the discounts, Critter Crunch is the only one I'm kind of thinking about getting. Having played the demo in the past it seemed kind of okay. Is Critter Crunch really worth getting, though? I do like puzzle games, but saving my acorns for a rainy day may be a wiser decision when something tastier might come along.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 57 (909 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Critter Crunch isn't worth my $$ since it's not for Vita. It looks and plays like a mobile game, and yet it isn't for vita? No deal for me. Better luck next time, Sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 57 (904 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3458 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Nothing for me this week either as I already have most that content. Hope next week is better.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 57 (897 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
535 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Last week's free game was disappointing, I will have to try out Closure before pass judgement on this week.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 57 (897 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Do not own the content, but nothing for me this week.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 57 (874 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Feb 11, 2013
I'm liking Closure quite a bit.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 57 (739 Views)