Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation Community Manager
1476 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

Jan 2, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Another sports title, this is in my view not the way to go mochuuu.

Don't get me wrong this isn't a personal thing, some sports I like, others not so much, I know you said you haven't been around that much this last week, but if you get the opportunity have a look through the past weeks posts & you'll see some of the unhappiness about you giving us another sports title, & so soon after the other one.

Your wording above says "you don't have to be a basletball nut", well maybe not, but you have to at least like basketball surely?

Personally I think sports titles should be left out of PS Plus offerings, certainly as freebies anyway, they have appeal only to a certain demographic.

While I don't think you have to like basketball to enjoy the basic gameplay of the game, i would disagree with you saying that sports titles should be left out of Plus entirely. I get that sports games amy not be some folk's cup of tea, but I mean, sports games are made for a reason, that reason being that millions of gamers like them. So that "certain demographic", is pretty huge! =) 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Message 51 of 62 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

Jan 2, 2013
I like sports games. Love them in fact. But NBA Jams is a second rate game IMO and I think this action is beneath what ps+ subscribers were expecting. After a lackluster December the majority of people getting a Playstation for The holidays get to see Bioshock get replaced with an arcade version of a sports game. Maybe asking for the bigger franchises is too much. But if offering a second rate game is the only option then I would prefer a better game in a different genre. Like I said, love sports games; just hate arcade versions.
Message 52 of 62 (293 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Hey Morgan, do you think you'll have any more flash sales...

Jan 2, 2013

Hey Morgan, do you think you'll have any more flash sales as you did with AC? Something including some good Vita title would surely be awesome, as this week's holiday sale didn't have anything interesting for me.

Message 53 of 62 (283 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1476 posts

Re: Hey Morgan, do you think you'll have any more flash sales...

Jan 3, 2013

tetsmandc wrote:

Hey Morgan, do you think you'll have any more flash sales as you did with AC? Something including some good Vita title would surely be awesome, as this week's holiday sale didn't have anything interesting for me.

We'll definitely be looking at more flash sale opportunities in the future, but there's nothing to announce for that at this time. 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Message 54 of 62 (195 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Jan 4, 2013

knightnorth wrote:
After a lackluster December the majority of people getting a Playstation for The holidays get to see Bioshock get replaced with an arcade version of a sports game. Maybe asking for the bigger franchises is too much.

Agree - Really a strange decision/choice.  It would be fun for us in the peanut gallery to see some sort of stats on PS+ trophies per game with completion percent.  I remember seen an article somewhere about all the IGC trophies earned, but I'm being more specific on a per game collection because that would really be ... well ... fun.

Message 55 of 62 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
11660 posts

Jan 4, 2013

If people haven't noticed, the first week of the month usually has the better IGC games. The update from 12/31 is still December. For those that complain, you'll be satisfied next week.

Message 56 of 62 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Jan 4, 2013

@ossiecastro5 and if we are not, we'll blame you & run you of these forums. :smileywink: What you just said has been said multiple times before.

Message 57 of 62 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
11660 posts

Jan 4, 2013

But if you look back, you'll know it's true!

Here are some games from the first week of the month: Borderlands, King of Fighters 13, Resident Evil 5, Bioshock 2

They are a bit old. But still , most people would consider these decent. And they might be running out of games that people might disagree with too. So, people might expect something better.

Message 58 of 62 (176 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Also which user created that thread on Europe & NA content? The thread comparing the content between to two continents, can we get an updated version? 

Message 59 of 62 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
11660 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I don't know who made that, or even the point of comparing.

Message 60 of 62 (172 Views)
0 Likes