Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

Jan 1, 2013
@snakeman07

Yes, year subscription is about 4$ per month,but there is also " 3 months subscription" which costs about 6$ per month. Therefore we can say that the average that overall subscribers pay per monnth is 5$

Anyway, (5$ or 6$ or 4$ per month) means that the service is not for free and as i told u most of the people subscribe for the sake of the IGC.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 62 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

Jan 1, 2013
As I've already said on the Blog, I've been pretty disappointed with NBA Jam. Now seriously, replacing BioShock 2 (which is a blockbuster Full PS3 game) with NBA Jam? More high quality games please, look at the EU for inspiration..

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 62 (319 Views)
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Concerning "NBA Jam",

This game should brought in the 2nd week. this game looks like arcade edition and we used to get arcade in the 2nd week. The first week should be for the best game in the month. RE5, Bioshock 2 and any other month game is better than this crap "NBA jam".

The last chance for good game is the next week. if it is not in the same level like RE5, bioshock2,..etc, this month will be the worst month ever and i will never renew until there are long run changes in the content in terms of quality and value at least like EU.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 62 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Wow... looking at the 12 games list its just full of PSN titles. I think I have only played Infamous 2 (plat'd before its IGC appearance) and All 4 One.... The Instant Game Collection has seen better days thats for sure.

Now are cloud saves, discounts, and automatic updates worth $50/year? Thats less value than Xbox Live Gold!

Oh well my sub ends in June (right when IGC launched) so we'll see how PS+ decides to bait and switch us into a renewal.

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed III, Ni No Kuni
Want to play: Tales of Xillia, inFAMOUS Second Son!
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 62 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Dua1-Blade- wrote:

Wow... looking at the 12 games list its just full of PSN titles. I think I have only played Infamous 2 (plat'd before its IGC appearance) and All 4 One.... The Instant Game Collection has seen better days thats for sure.

Now are cloud saves, discounts, and automatic updates worth $50/year? Thats less value than Xbox Live Gold!

Oh well my sub ends in June (right when IGC launched) so we'll see how PS+ decides to bait and switch us into a renewal.

Question, have you played the PSN titles offered before. If you haven't, have you given the PSN titles a chance or have you written them off.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 62 (264 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 1, 2013

StraightUpLazy11 wrote:

Dua1-Blade- wrote:

Question, have you played the PSN titles offered before. If you haven't, have you given the PSN titles a chance or have you written them off.

PS+ is best suited to those new to the PS3, or more causal users that don't buy many games. More hardcore gamers would tend to get less out of the PS+ program...

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 62 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Jan 1, 2013
I'm going to go ahead and buy Arkham City in the store. GameStop had it for about $18 last week when I was in there. That way in case we are given the respect EU gets and they offer it in the IGC I can trade it back in.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 62 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Jan 1, 2013

StraightUpLazy11 wrote:

Dua1-Blade- wrote:

I have played most of them or followed them at some point in time. It's all about where interests lay. For the sake of this program and concept I hope there is a large unvocal population that's pleased with these titles.

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

PS+ is best suited to those new to the PS3, or more causal users that don't buy many games. More hardcore gamers would tend to get less out of the PS+ program...

I am simply comparing the content now to what the IGC launched with.

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed III, Ni No Kuni
Want to play: Tales of Xillia, inFAMOUS Second Son!
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 62 (234 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1474 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Ghostwize wrote:

Oh c'mon Brit it's only the second sports title and it's actually hilarious and awesome. Got a pretty high metacritic score. I loved NBA Jam as a kid. :smileyvery-happy:

I would like to know Morgan, is NBA Jam going to still be playable online? I've perused the EA forums and no one seems to know if the On Fire Edition will be going offline or not. Also....does the Catwoman DLC come with Arkham City like when you buy the retail disc new? Thanks!!

I'm going to look into the NBA Jam online item to see what the status is. Many of the reports I've seen specify that it's only the retail version of NBA Jam, not the online only version NBA Jam On Fire edition. Will report back when I get confirmation. 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 62 (216 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
966 posts

Jan 1, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

Ghostwize wrote:

Oh c'mon Brit it's only the second sports title and it's actually hilarious and awesome. Got a pretty high metacritic score. I loved NBA Jam as a kid. :smileyvery-happy:

I would like to know Morgan, is NBA Jam going to still be playable online? I've perused the EA forums and no one seems to know if the On Fire Edition will be going offline or not. Also....does the Catwoman DLC come with Arkham City like when you buy the retail disc new? Thanks!!

I'm going to look into the NBA Jam online item to see what the status is. Many of the reports I've seen specify that it's only the retail version of NBA Jam, not the online only version NBA Jam On Fire edition. Will report back when I get confirmation. 

Thanks Morgan. Didn't mean to create a stir. I just came across the article the other day about the server shutdown. I didn't even know there was another version of the game lol. It's crazy fun though! :smileyvery-happy: Makes me think I'm 14 again playing the SNES or Genesis or *gasp* an arcade!  Any info on the Catwoman DLC with Arkham? I assume it's included. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 62 (208 Views)
0 Likes