Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
28649 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

Dec 31, 2012

snakeman07 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

snakeman07 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

snakeman07 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Another sports title, this is in my view not the way to go mochuuu.

 

Don't get me wrong this isn't a personal thing, some sports I like, others not so much, I know you said you haven't been around that much this last week, but if you get the opportunity have a look through the past weeks posts & you'll see some of the unhappiness about you giving us another sports title, & so soon after the other one.

 

Your wording above says "you don't have to be a basletball nut", well maybe not, but you have to at least like basketball surely?

 

Personally I think sports titles should be left out of PS Plus offerings, certainly as freebies anyway, they have appeal only to a certain demographic.


Leaving any genre out isn't being fair. I'm not a huge sports fan AT ALL (I probably won't be playing NBA Jam), but let's get real here, sports games and sports in general are HUGE, especially here in the U.S. They appeal to more people than you think, and every genre appeals to a "certain demographic" more than others.


Agreed, but Sports games in general I think more so.

 

Also I never said leave the whole genre out at all, I said just don't make them them freebies.


So, let's make sports fans always pay for a game, and never let them have a chance at getting one for free? Again, not fair if you ask me.


We'll have to agree to disagree here.


One part of me wants to agree with you since I'm not a fan of sports, but there's that other reason lol.


Lol, no worries, you made me laugh!

 

Have a good New Year.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 62 (268 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/30/2006
Offline
7184 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

snakeman07 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

snakeman07 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

snakeman07 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Another sports title, this is in my view not the way to go mochuuu.

 

Don't get me wrong this isn't a personal thing, some sports I like, others not so much, I know you said you haven't been around that much this last week, but if you get the opportunity have a look through the past weeks posts & you'll see some of the unhappiness about you giving us another sports title, & so soon after the other one.

 

Your wording above says "you don't have to be a basletball nut", well maybe not, but you have to at least like basketball surely?

 

Personally I think sports titles should be left out of PS Plus offerings, certainly as freebies anyway, they have appeal only to a certain demographic.


Leaving any genre out isn't being fair. I'm not a huge sports fan AT ALL (I probably won't be playing NBA Jam), but let's get real here, sports games and sports in general are HUGE, especially here in the U.S. They appeal to more people than you think, and every genre appeals to a "certain demographic" more than others.


Agreed, but Sports games in general I think more so.

 

Also I never said leave the whole genre out at all, I said just don't make them them freebies.


So, let's make sports fans always pay for a game, and never let them have a chance at getting one for free? Again, not fair if you ask me.


We'll have to agree to disagree here.


One part of me wants to agree with you since I'm not a fan of sports, but there's that other reason lol.


Lol, no worries, you made me laugh!

 

Have a good New Year.


You too! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 62 (267 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 07/27/2012
Online
10826 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

Dec 31, 2012

Why can't we all just get along? It's only New Years.

 

People need to understand to make good at what they get. Seriously folks, it's funny to see people complain. They get free content. Yet, they keep complaining. When I didn't have PS +, I played the same games for days. Hopeing to get one new game was rare. Now that I'm at everyone's level here, I see how ungrateful people are here. Yes, people don't get what they want. But it isn't about an individual person; it's about the hundreds, possibly thousans, of people that actually enjoy what they get.

 

Haters eat taters. Gamers are Lion Tamers. Choose a side folks!

ossie castro5signature
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 62 (263 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 01/09/2010
Online
28649 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

Dec 31, 2012

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Why can't we all just get along? It's only New Years.

 

People need to understand to make good at what they get. Seriously folks, it's funny to see people complain. They get free content. Yet, they keep complaining. When I didn't have PS +, I played the same games for days. Hopeing to get one new game was rare. Now that I'm at everyone's level here, I see how ungrateful people are here. Yes, people don't get what they want. But it isn't about an individual person; it's about the hundreds, possibly thousans, of people that actually enjoy what they get.

 

Haters eat taters. Gamers are Lion Tamers. Choose a side folks!


Snakeman & I weren't arguing we were just having a discussion, we're actually pretty close on the subject but disagree on allowing the content.

 

Not everyone is going to get along with everyone else, we do not unfortunately live in a perfect world, a world that would be pretty boring too if it was.

 

You obviously don't know me that well either because I have been a pretty staunch supporter of PlayStation Plus & actually generally remain so, it's only lately that I have become a little disappointed.

 

So please get off your high horse & stop preaching to me, someone who you do know at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 62 (257 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/14/2012
Offline
190 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

Jan 1, 2013

There are several reasons why this is a really bad week for plus users.

 

I’ll start off with NBA Jams. There was a summer sell in July and you could buy this game for $10.49, or $7.34 for PlayStation Plus Members. So anybody that really wanted it more than likely already has it. This is supposed to be a lot like Blitz, which was the second lowest user rating for plus games (only to be beaten by Anomaly update. The last reason this games sucks to get this week is because it replaced Bioshock 2, which makes NBA JAMS ON FIRE EDITION THE GAME OF THE MONTH. This in my opinion is a crappy game to be the GOTM.

 

The sells isn’t really that great either if you’re looking to buy full games. There are only four full games in the sell this week, 1 of which we already got for free, but 3 of the full games where already given to EU plus members for free. I don’t see why the US plus only gets discounts for Bulletstrom and Batman: Arkham City, while at the same time EU already got both on plus, and to make it even worse EU got Batman: Arkham City AND THE CAT WOMEN DLC in the plus free, but there isn’t even a  discount for it in the US store.

 

I don’t have a Vita so I’m not going to talk about Chronovolt.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 62 (252 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/14/2012
Offline
126 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

Jan 1, 2013
@ossiecastro5

when u compare US+ to EU+, u will know why we are complaining.

This service is not free 100%. we pay 5$/month. if they removed instance game collection, they will lose most of ps+ subscribers if not all. simply because the discounted games u can get it from anywhere else(ex. online stores) with lower price (used or new)

Complainers are a lot. just look at the weekly poll to know what i mean. for example, till now in current week poll

Nothing for me this week (48%, 1,903 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,994
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 62 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 12/03/2012
Offline
38 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

Jan 1, 2013

does bulltestorm with online pass? or i have to buy it for 9.99$ 

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 62 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/30/2006
Offline
7184 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

Jan 1, 2013

MAGtrail_now_MAG wrote:
@ossiecastro5

when u compare US+ to EU+, u will know why we are complaining.

This service is not free 100%. we pay 5$/month. if they removed instance game collection, they will lose most of ps+ subscribers if not all. simply because the discounted games u can get it from anywhere else(ex. online stores) with lower price (used or new)

Complainers are a lot. just look at the weekly poll to know what i mean. for example, till now in current week poll

Nothing for me this week (48%, 1,903 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,994

Where did you pull $5 a month from for PS+? 12x5=60. It's $50 a year, making it $4.16. Not trying to be harsh or anything, just saying. Round that down and you have yourself $4 a month.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 62 (235 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/03/2011
Offline
11 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Overall, I was disappointed with the PS Plus offers for December.  This month EU seemed to have a better selection of games that appealed to a variety of players with titles like Vanquish, Limbo, and Arkham City.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 62 (232 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/30/2010
Online
563 posts
 

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/31 Update: NBA Jam On Fire Edition and Chronovolt (PS Vita) Free for Plus

Jan 1, 2013

LoveNewlooy wrote:

does bulltestorm with online pass? or i have to buy it for 9.99$ 


It will have the pass, if it's required.


Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 62 (230 Views)
Reply
0 Likes