First Son
2 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/24 Update: Retro City Rampage Free - Holiday Sales Week 2

Dec 25, 2012

Sigh. I'm just getting tired of missing out on good sale prices because Sony won't let us purchase games that we've already downloaded as part of the IGC. LittleBigPlanet 2 last week, and now the Simpsons arcade game. And they're far from the first ones.

It's a bit bizarre when I *want* to give Sony my money and they won't allow it. So it's gotten to where I hesitate to download anything in the IGC these days, because I'd much rather own a game for a good price than borrow it until my subscription lapses. And sometimes even that isn't an option -- if I wanted to buy RCR this week at its sale price, I couldn't, because my PS+ subscription precludes it.

Is there any sort of fix in the works for this?

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 38 (267 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/24 Update: Retro City Rampage Free - Holiday Sales Week 2

Dec 25, 2012

First, welcome to the PS community.

Second, not that it helps, but hopefully the OP is watching this topic.  This issue has been mentioned before, but I'm not aware of a fix.  Sony should offer an option "... you have purchased previously at $0.00 as part of your PS+ subscription; are you sure you would like to pay x at this time ..."

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 38 (263 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Dec 25, 2012

I decided to vote RCR, but to be honest, it was a close call.  Maybe I will be surprised like when we got Motorstorm RC for free (that may not have been a PS+ deal).  Motorstorm RC turned out to be a decent distraction on my Vita, but I digress.  For the Christmas update, I was expecting (keeping my fingers crossed for) something a little more exciting ...

To the poster that said it, I know we are not entitled to something extra special at Christmas, but we keep hearing about something big.  Maybe that game is next Monday.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 38 (260 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 25, 2012

LibertyGeis wrote:

Sigh. I'm just getting tired of missing out on good sale prices because Sony won't let us purchase games that we've already downloaded as part of the IGC. LittleBigPlanet 2 last week, and now the Simpsons arcade game. And they're far from the first ones.

It's a bit bizarre when I *want* to give Sony my money and they won't allow it. So it's gotten to where I hesitate to download anything in the IGC these days, because I'd much rather own a game for a good price than borrow it until my subscription lapses. And sometimes even that isn't an option -- if I wanted to buy RCR this week at its sale price, I couldn't, because my PS+ subscription precludes it.

Is there any sort of fix in the works for this?

I seriously doubt that Sony is going to "fix" this anytime soon, since most people in PS+ are satisfied with downloading the games for "free". 

IMO many of the games for sale now, may permanently drop to that price (or close to it) in the future, since Sony often marks down the price of older games...

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 38 (242 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Dec 25, 2012

Honestly, I think there are bigger fish to fry, however it is an issue because you may not want to keep subscribing to PS+ and will miss out on the reduced price.  Life is difficult sometimes ...

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 38 (236 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Morgan:

I remember you mentioned in the blog that in Dec there will be plenty to match the EU's content for the US PS+ program. I'm sure that many people, including myself, thought you meant that we would be getting the same games that the EU got, but apparently you had a much looser meaning than that.

Please try to avoid making statements like that, because it can only lead to disappointment and frustration...
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 38 (172 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
Morgan:

I remember you mentioned in the blog that in Dec there will be plenty to match the EU's content for the US PS+ program ...
Please try to avoid making statements like that, because it can only lead to disappointment and frustration...

You are soooooooo much nicer than me.  :catfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 38 (143 Views)
Gaming Beast
1913 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
Morgan:

I remember you mentioned in the blog that in Dec there will be plenty to match the EU's content for the US PS+ program. I'm sure that many people, including myself, thought you meant that we would be getting the same games that the EU got, but apparently you had a much looser meaning than that.

Only an idiot would think he meant we'd be getting the same games that EU got seeing as that's never been the case before.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 38 (131 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Games that would match the European PSplus, he never said the same games. 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 38 (126 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 27, 2012

d_razaq wrote:

Games that would match the European PSplus, he never said the same games. 

What does that mean exactly? To me "match" means the same or simular. I really didn't see that this month...

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 38 (108 Views)
0 Likes