Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
3652 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/24 Update: Retro City Rampage Free - Holiday Sales Week 2

Dec 24, 2012

Really? Last Guardian for plus? its not even out yet much less on PSN...

Message 11 of 38 (286 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/24 Update: Retro City Rampage Free - Holiday Sales Week 2

Dec 24, 2012

I have to wonder why Bioshock 2 is leaving plus next week, as it's barely been a month since it was part of the IGC. Meanwhile, KOFXIII has been around since September. It should be the logical choice to go for January, unless it's leaving in the week after next? People have complained a lot about "too many fighters", so it should rotated out in the upcoming weeks.

Message 12 of 38 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Like Anomoly, I probably wouldn't have tried Retro City Rampage if it weren't for PS+. I'll give it a go and thanks for all the great games this year! I hope next year is even better!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

-Tim

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Message 13 of 38 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I like RCR and plan on playing it, got no complaints from me about that game. I just haven't been liking the sales. The only thing I was gonna get from the last one was Rayman. I was going to get it today but the store updated super early. Not really feeling anything on sale this week. I would of totally gotten MGS collection at that price but it's the Vita version not PS3. I was planning on buying at least 2 or 3 games during these sales but haven't bought anything yet.

Message 14 of 38 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Dec 25, 2012

As easy as it would be to jump on the bandwagon and complain, you all have to realize that Sony never promised you anything "special" for Christmas. Get over it. I can't imagine what they have to go through every week to give us the content we get, it's insane. It's easy to complain, but at the end of the day, I know my $50 entry fee has been more than worth the admission over the year. They gave us an awesome IGC during E3, that alone was worth the price.

Message 15 of 38 (259 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 25, 2012

greenzsaber wrote:

I have to wonder why Bioshock 2 is leaving plus next week, as it's barely been a month since it was part of the IGC. Meanwhile, KOFXIII has been around since September. It should be the logical choice to go for January, unless it's leaving in the week after next? People have complained a lot about "too many fighters", so it should rotated out in the upcoming weeks.

Bioshock 2 was the "game of the month" in PS+, it only sticks around for a month. The game that replaces it will only be available for a month as well...

Message 16 of 38 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 25, 2012
So is the MGS HD collection for vita or the ps3?
Message 17 of 38 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

snakeman07 wrote:

As easy as it would be to jump on the bandwagon and complain, you all have to realize that Sony never promised you anything "special" for Christmas. Get over it. I can't imagine what they have to go through every week to give us the content we get, it's insane. It's easy to complain, but at the end of the day, I know my $50 entry fee has been more than worth the admission over the year. They gave us an awesome IGC during E3, that alone was worth the price.

i dont know snake-- i dont think its because the game is that bad (which it is) but the fact of we were told at the beginning of the month what a great month this would be-- and dont get me wrong-- being a vita owner-- i am very happy. but in terms of ps3 this has been a ho-hum month.(personally i wouldnt have bought one game released for free this month) some just expected more,

with that said the sales have been great -- picked up lbp for vita and everybodys golf-- but once again no ps3 games-- just nothing there that caught my fancy

Message 18 of 38 (232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11177 posts

Dec 25, 2012

I've already paid and played through the likes of Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Journey, Papo and Yo, Killzone 3, and the Metal Gear Solid series. Although Metal Gear Solid 3 is a great game and everything, buying it and playing it a second time just for the trophies doesn't seem like a good idea to spend seven bucks on that. I'd rather have something desirable and also something that I haven't already played than pay for the same stuff all over again.

Retro City Rampage is not a game I've played before, but if memory serves I think there was a demo for the game one time. The demo couldn't have been that memorable if I don't have much of a memory for it, so I'm thinking it was probably a forgettable demo at the time.

As for the polls that went up, I also wanted to vote for more than one of the genres available on he list. I'd definitely like to see more puzzle and/or adventure-oriented games (such as The Walking Dead), but I'd also definitely like to see Japanese RPGs made available. If Tales of Vesperia were bound for Plus members, then I'd like to see that happen.

Message 19 of 38 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

Dec 25, 2012

bamahollis88 wrote:
So is the MGS HD collection for vita or the ps3?

From what I could tell MGS HD collection discount was for PS Vita and there is a discount on MGS 3 for the PS3.

Message 20 of 38 (207 Views)
0 Likes