Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 18 2012
By: mochuuu PlayStation Community Manager 1476 posts

Sound Off: PS Plus 12/17 Update: Anomaly Warzne Earth - Holiday Sales

[ Edited ]
39 replies 1177 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

Hey everyone, 

Wanted to create a space here on the PlayStation Forums for you guys to let us know your thoughts and questions on the latest PS Plus update. Please check out : http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/17/playstation-plus-update-anomaly-warzone-earth-free-for-mem... to get the original post as written by me. There is also a poll on this page which you should make sure to vote in as well. 

Thanks and here's the update that's coming with the 12/18 PS Store Update

There’s a lot to love with PlayStation Plus in December. Perhaps you’ve already thought of what a great gift a PS Plus membership makes for your fellow PS3 gamer. Or maybe you’ve been diving into the games in the Instant Game Collection with new additions like BioShock 2, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, and Rochard. Either way, you’ve got more great content on the way with this week’s addition: Anomaly Warzone Earth! You’ll also find some amazing holiday deals on games that you might have missed. Read on to find out more.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

December 18th PlayStation Plus Update

Anomaly: Warzone Earth

Anomaly Warzone Earth (PS3)

Free for Plus members

Anomaly Warzone Earth is an extraordinary mixture of action and strategy in a reversed tower defense formula. Call it tower offense, if that’s a bit easier. The game tasks you with saving a near-future Earth from an alien onslaught. The invaders have captured world’s major cities, building huge turrets that destroy everything in their path. It’s up to you to lead an armor squad through the streets of cities like Baghdad and Tokyo, planning the route and strategically choosing which units to deploy in order to crush the opposition. Download it today and experience this fantastic twist on strategy gaming.

Holiday Essentials Sale

Various discounts for Plus members

You may have seen the announcement already, but this week marks the first week of the PSN Holiday Sale! You can check out the full announcement here, but here’s the breakdown of all the games that you’ll be able to get an amazing sale price on for this week:

Game Normal Price PSN Sale Price Plus Sale Price
Catherine $39.99 $27.99 $19.60
Counter Strike Global Offensive $14.99 $10.49 $7.35
Dyad $14.99 $10.49 $7.35
Escape Plan $14.99 $10.49 $7.35
I am Alive $14.99 $10.49 $7.35
LittleBigPlanet 2 $19.99 $13.99 $0.00
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita $35.99 $24.99 $17.49
M:tG Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 $9.99 $6.99 $4.90
NHL 13 $59.99 $41.99 $29.40
Rayman Origins $19.99 $13.99 $9.80
Rayman Origins PS Vita $29.99 $20.99 $14.70
Resident Evil 4 $19.99 $13.99 $9.80
Retro/Grade $9.99 $6.99 $4.90
Street Fighter: Third Strike Online Edition $14.99 $10.49 $7.35

SEGA Holiday Sale

Various discounts for Plus members

Our friends at SEGA are also bringing more great games to all of PSN at some truly great prices to celebrate the holidays as well. Just like the PSN Holiday Sale, all PSN gamers get to enjoy some price breaks here, but Plus members get the best deals on the following content:

Game Normal Price PSN Sale Price Plus Sale Price
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (Game Only) $14.99 $9.99 $6.99
SEGA HERITAGE COLLECTION (BUNDLE) $36.95 $19.99 $14.99
Sonic 4: Ep1 & 2 Full game Bundle $24.98 $14.99 $11.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 $14.99 $9.99 $7.49
Hell Yeah Full game $14.99 $9.99 $5.99
Hell Yeah DLC Pimp My Rabbit Pack $2.99 $1.99 $1.00
Hell Yeah DLC The Virtual Rabbit Mission $4.99 $2.99 $1.50
After Burner Climax $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Crazy Taxi $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Daytona USA $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Crush, PSP $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Sonic Rivals, PSP $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Sonic Rivals 2, PSP $9.99 $6.99 $4.89

That’s it for this week’s update, and remember that the above updates will be in effect once the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (1,177 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29103 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/17 Update: Anomaly Warzne Earth - Holiday Sales

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

For what it's worth here's my "Sound Off"...& i don't think "there's a lot to love".

I've been a plus subscriber since day one & as I think you know continue to be so to this day, there have been a number of posts & threads over the last month or so comparing the EU/UK Plus updates to those of the USA, & whilst I have generally defended the USA's Plus program lately I & a number of others have started to think that maybe there is some sense to these posts & Threads & their arguments are starting to hold some water.

This latest update had nothing to offer, at least for me anyway, actually there are a number of others that have also said this, the results of your poll, at least earlier also said this in the votes for "nothing", sorry mochuu, but I'm beginning to think that Sony isn't caring so much about us here in the USA anymore, it all started good, the instant game collection was good, but recent updates have been very very lackluster.

Don't get me wrong, I & everyone else have received very good value for money & well in excess of our $49.99 & I'll likely remain a subscriber, but the time may be near when i let my subscription lapse until something decent, at least in my eyes comes along, it's just been, well, lacking lately.

Results current as at 21.00 today, Monday 17th Dec 2012.

• Nothing for me this week (50%, 2,082 Votes)
  • PSN Holiday Sale (34%, 1,399 Votes)
  • Anomaly Warzone Earth – Free for Plus Members (13%, 528 Votes)
  • Sega holiday sale (3%, 122 Votes)

I think these reults (at least so far) speak pretty loudly, don't you, Anomaly the "big freebie" this week is in third place, the Sega Collection last, The PSN Holiday Sale second & the number one spot goes to, oh yea, nothing!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 40 (1,159 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11072 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Under normal circumstances I would have said that nothing appealed to me this week, as titles such as Anomaly: Warzone Earth and most of the Sega/Holiday sale has little attraction toward my wallet. However, there remains a small sliver of hope this week in a game I've kind of been wanting to play since its release.  I Am Alive's demo was playing with somewhat interesting game mechanics last Spring. I've been waiting for some kind of offer all this time to pop up, but Plus hasn't done anything up until now. I might as well take advantage while opportunity strikes.

Resident Evil 4 is a fantastic game itself, and specifically one I haven't gotten yet in HD form. Having played it in the past already, though... I'm not exactly too keen on spending another $10 to play through it again. Apart from those games, the sales and the one unattractive freebie (at least from what I've played of the demo) being offered don't really have a strong showing in the larger scheme of things.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 40 (1,137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3612 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Yep im interested in a few of the games that will be on sale but otherwise nothing really for me this week. Hopefully Christmas week is better to us.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 40 (1,134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

The sale is rather good this week. Will be picking up at least Hell Yeah and Escape Plan.

IGC I know nothing about Anomaly so I'll give it a shot.

Watching out most of all for vita/psp/psx updates. Lately thought about buying a few multiplayer psp games as three people in my house now have vitas (pretty awesome right?) but those I wanted weren't available. Also still waiting to play Crash on my vita whenever that time comes. Craving anything Vita thrown my way for sure.

Edit- EU plus comparisons kind of upset me as they do seem to have much better, newer, quality or however you want to say it titles however I have Gamefly so in the end it's a passing though. PS Plus for me is about the discounts though and anything free for Vita is always great even if it's PSP or PSX. Realistically I would love to get free psx games every month if a time ever came for that.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 40 (1,125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5046 posts

Dec 18, 2012

i came in here to blast-- but after reading brits post-- i cant say it better - so i wont try -well maybe a lil

i wont even waste my time downloading the free game-- but the lbp on vita deal sounds great and i will buy it--- im predicting it will be free on plus within 3 months though-- all lbp seems to end up there

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 40 (1,080 Views)
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Preaty good discounts out there, thanks for them. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 40 (1,074 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8819 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Terrible.

I bought PS+ after E3 and the "instant game collection" promise. Ever since then, you guys have dropped the ball. Do better.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 40 (1,022 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

Dec 18, 2012

'Nothing for me this week" as well.

This so called "Holiday Push" is severely lacking. While the free PSN titles are great and all, I played maybe 2 of them since IGC's inception.

The first 3 months of IGC were by far the best IMO.

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed III, Ni No Kuni
Want to play: Tales of Xillia, inFAMOUS Second Son!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 40 (965 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

That Morgan is a pretty good cheerleader.  Making crap feels like the next best thing.  

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 40 (927 Views)