Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
88 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 12/17 Update: Anomaly Warzne Earth - Holiday Sales

Dec 19, 2012

I was surprised and happy to see Batman Arkham Asylum free.

Message 11 of 40 (326 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30423 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Caf2238 wrote:

I was surprised and happy to see Batman Arkham Asylum free.

Not here in the US it's not, in the UK/EU yes, it's the US update we're discussing here.

Message 12 of 40 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

I wanted to post back after the dust has settled from the update and say that I'm buying much more than originally planned.

Sonic all stars racing transformed, Dyad, Hell yeah, Escape Plan, LBP Cross Controller DLC Pack, Dokuro and possibly more I'll be getting. I'm stoked to see next weeks deals along with our new addition to the Vita PS+.

Even if the IGC games aren't always want people want if deals like these keep coming every week (post holiday season) with discounts for plus members people are going to have alot less to complain about.

Message 13 of 40 (298 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Dec 19, 2012

My comments are similar to Brit's.  I have been a day one PS+ subscriber.  I'm at the point now where I think the services - auto updates, cloud saves, etc are the only value.

PS+ could be better in a lot of ways:

1) Instant Game Collection - Let us know how long games will be in the collection.  mochuuu, based on your comments (I think in the blog post), Sony is now using the instant game collection for marketing purposes to bundle games with a PS3 or Vita system.  I understand that, however Sony should still say when the games will rotate, even if it is TBD tentative Q3 2013 (or whatever).

2) Newer Games - There is no way to please everyone, but I think the changes are better if Sony worked out a deal to offer up a new game.  Target one that will have a lot of DLC so there is some incentive to the publisher to still make money.  This would be a win for PS+ subscribers and Sony (or Sony's partner).  As an added bonus, the second hand game sales would not exist for a PS+ digital offer.

3) Voucher - Over the course of my PS+ subscription I have always been an advocate of some type of voucher system.  Already have the game being offered?  Give us a voucher for some sort of trinket - movie rental, avatar, theme, etc.  Anything is better than what you already had.

4) Polls - If you are going to offer them, make them a little more useful.  It would be nice if you only allowed PS+ subscribers to vote or add in something for the non PS+ subscribers - "update makes me what to subscribe" or "I'm still not subscribing" or some such. 

5) Forums - Participate.  I understand that you and other Sony employees cannot answer every post, but lack of mod participation in the PS+ board has always been an issue.   Case in point, you haven't responded to this thread.  I understand that the blog has your responses, but what about this board is a PS+ board, so giving it a little TLC will at least give the impression that you (or Sony) cares about our feedback.

Message 14 of 40 (272 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

Dec 19, 2012

jcalvert wrote:

My comments are similar to Brit's.  I have been a day one PS+ subscriber.  I'm at the point now where I think the services - auto updates, cloud saves, etc are the only value.

1) Instant Game Collection - Let us know how long games will be in the collection.  mochuuu, based on your comments (I think in the blog post), Sony is now using the instant game collection for marketing purposes to bundle games with a PS3 or Vita system.  I understand that, however Sony should still say when the games will rotate, even if it is TBD tentative Q3 2013 (or whatever).

2) Newer Games - There is no way to please everyone, but I think the changes are better if Sony worked out a deal to offer up a new game.  Target one that will have a lot of DLC so there is some incentive to the publisher to still make money.  This would be a win for PS+ subscribers and Sony (or Sony's partner).  As an added bonus, the second hand game sales would not exist for a PS+ digital offer.

3) Voucher - Over the course of my PS+ subscription I have always been an advocate of some type of voucher system.  Already have the game being offered?  Give us a voucher for some sort of trinket - movie rental, avatar, theme, etc.  Anything is better than what you already had.

4) Polls - If you are going to offer them, make them a little more useful.  It would be nice if you only allowed PS+ subscribers to vote or add in something for the non PS+ subscribers - "update makes me what to subscribe" or "I'm still not subscribing" or some such. 

5) Forums - Participate.  I understand that you and other Sony employees cannot answer every post, but lack of mod participation in the PS+ board has always been an issue.   Case in point, you haven't responded to this thread.  I understand that the blog has your responses, but what about this board is a PS+ board, so giving it a little TLC will at least give the impression that you (or Sony) cares about our feedback.

great post JC

Message 15 of 40 (264 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30423 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Yes, well said.

Message 16 of 40 (238 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Thats for EU though not for US customers :/ . I wish we could get that too :smileysad: 

Message 17 of 40 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Thats not for US though just EU.
Message 18 of 40 (228 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1482 posts

Playstation Staff
Dec 20, 2012

jcalvert wrote:

I'll try to be better at participating in these forums. in the future, the goal is actually to combine the Blog and Forum channel so that all feedback is one place and the two communities are no longer separate. My crappy excuse is that to best use my time, with the Blog getting the lionsshare of comments, I have to prioritize my time a bit, and my responses there generally address any concerns or questions that I can speak to. That said, I can make an effort to be a bit more active on these channels as well. 

Thanks! 

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 19 of 40 (177 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1482 posts

[ Edited ]
Playstation Staff
Dec 20, 2012

jcalvert wrote:

Going to respond to some of your other questions too

1) I think you may have misinterprested the response on that one. The response you're referring to is regarding the 3 titles inFAMOUS, LBP2, and R&C All 4 One and how they haven't rotated. One of many reasons we keep those longer is so we can have presences on Plus at retail that utilize actual characters and game assets and well, games. The other titles rotate out, and therefore, we can't depend on those to still be accurate when depicting Plus at more longstanding presences like retail. notice how those games are all 1st party, and therefore, we're able to be more tactical with those. Ps3 bundles with Plus bundled in is a nice anicllary benefit of having a program like Plus as well, and yes, having the games to actually show on the box goes a long way in helping customers understand the program a bit more at a glance. To your main point, I'll see if we can start specifiying how long a game will be in the collection, but we do always call out when they're leaving int he Store Updates. Not what you're asking for, I know, but we can review it. 

2) We're looking closely at our strategy on an ongoing basis for the selection of games, but there are a number of factors here when it comes to selecting games for Plus. But the detail you specified there is certainly one that we can look to. 

3) This is a great idea, and is being looked at now, but there are major technical, financial, and operational factors  that need to be reviewed before we could roll something like this out. Not saying it's not insurmountable, and it's a great idea, but we're taking one step at a time with the program in terms of how to continue to evolve the value. 

4) I'll consider blending in responses that allow gamers to identify themselves as non-plus members and state that the update is great, or update isn't great and doesn't make me want to subscrbe; but that might be a bit unwieldy. 

45) already responded earlier. 

thanks man! 

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 20 of 40 (173 Views)
0 Likes