Jan 07 2013
By: mochuuu SCEA 1487 posts

Sound Off: PS Plus 1/8 Update: Mega Man 9 and 10; God of War Multiplayer Beta: Free for Plus Members

[ Edited ]
OFFICIAL POST
38 replies 1202 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

Hey guys, 

Here's this week's PlayStation Plus update. I've subscribed to this thread and will jump in where I can to answer any questions I'm able to, or just chat with you all on this week's update. Thanks!

NOTE: Made a thread about access issues with Mega Man 9 and 10. You should be able to work around it, but let me know if you're having issues: 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Plus-Support/Mega-Man-9-and-10-Bundle-Access-Issu...

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/07/playstation-plus-update-join-the-god-of-war-ascension-mult...

Let me know your thoughts in this forum space and don't forget to check out the polls in this week's post: 

Your favorite PS Plus content in December?

2013 is already shaping up to be a fantastic year for PlayStation Plus members with another strong offering in the month of January. Hopefully, you’ve been enjoying NBA Jam: On Fire Edition on your PS3 and playing Chronovolt on your PS Vita, both free to PlayStation Plus members.

This week, we’ve got some epic multiplayer action with the God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta, as well as Mega Man 9 and 10 joining PlayStation Plus. Read on to find out more.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

January 8th PlayStation Plus Update

God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta (PS3)

Access for Plus members

PlayStation Plus members get to be one of the first to delve in to what’s sure to be one of the most epic multiplayer experiences of the year. God of War: Ascension’s Multiplayer beta is offering up the signature Team Favor of the Gods mode and the yet-to-be-seen Favor of the Gods mode. In both modes, you’ll fight to reach the requisite number of favor points from the Gods, earning points via kills, bonus brutal kills, opening chests, capturing domination points and, if you’re skillful enough, performing executions using the Spear of Olympus. Check out the Beta page for tips, scoring details and more. Make sure you also click the link below to leave your feedback with the rest of the God of War community. Note: you must be a PS Plus member, or have been selected to be in the Beta previously in order to get access to this forum space.

God of War Ascension Beta

Click here to visit the God of War: Ascension Beta Community Forum

Oh, and make sure you snag a free God of War “Eye of Kratos” avatar as well; it’s free and exclusive for PS Plus members. If you’re reading this on Monday morning, you may also want to tune in to IGN.com’s livestream from 12:00pm to 2:00pm PST. Click here to check out the action!

PlayStation Plus Update 1-7-2013

Mega Man 9 and 10 Combo Pack

Free for PS Plus members

Mega Man 9 and 10 were new and bold steps for a series that’s as beloved as Mega Man. Many gamers grew up on classic Mega Man games and yearned for a new 2D adventure but with the rock solid mechanics of the originals. Capcom delivered by going back to its 8-bit roots to deliver a classic Mega Man experience with all-new levels, weapons and bosses. IGN calls Mega Man 9 alone a “… mastery of 2D platforming.” Check out both Mega Man 9 and 10 for yourself; free for PS Plus members.

Eufloria

50% Discount for PS Plus members (Original price: $5.00; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Eufloria takes the hook of controlling massive armies in real time strategy games and applies it to a massively-micro scope that asks you to take over new territories (dubbed Asteroids) all for the sake of a mythic group of beings called The Growers. If you’ve ever had any sort of fun with the strategy genre, give Eufloria a download to find out why GamesRadar.comhailed Eufloria for its “beautiful stylized graphics and RTS gameplay that works great on the PS3 controller”.

NCAA Football 13: Recent Winners Pack

Free for PS Plus members

NCAA Football 13 delivers an authentic college football experience with an insane amount of realism on the virtual gridiron. If you can’t get enough of the gameplay, you’ll be happy to know that you can pick up the Recent Winners pack, free with your PS Plus membership. This pack will unlock Tim Tebow, Mark Ingram, and Matt Leinart for use in Heisman Mode.

PlayStation Plus Update 1-7-2013

- morgan haro - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 1 of 39 (1,202 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
35905 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/8 Update: Mega Man 9 and 10; God of War Multiplayer Beta: Free for Plus Mem

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

As for the update, Megaman 9 & 10, pretty good, the rest not so.

Also more sports stuff, come on!

Lastly sorry mochuuu but I refuse to vote in a poll where I'm not allowed to know the results.

Message 2 of 39 (1,190 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/8 Update: Mega Man 9 and 10; God of War Multiplayer Beta: Free for Plus Mem

Jan 8, 2013
Aw, no way. I've never been a Mega Man fan. Dat beta though.
Message 3 of 39 (1,186 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2310 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Fantastico! My son is 6 and loves him some old school games. I loved Megaman back in the NES era and these look to be a great addition to my library. He better not break my controller or it's on you man! Smiley Tongue

Interested in Eufloria for that price. WTH is it exactly? Looks like a weird acid trip of some sort....

Message 4 of 39 (1,172 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Blah update for me.  Betas are OK - I been there done, that, so not a huge PS+ attraction for me.  Nice bonus I guess, but I imagine this will be the big draw for the majority of folks ... if the poll were not private, we may know, but I digress.

Mega Man - not really a fan, but I guess I will at least try them.  Disappointed that Mega Man 9 doesn't have trophies, which is part of the fun for me when I try new PS+ games.  And yes, I do and will play games that don't have trophies ...

Eufloria - as sad as this is, I purchased it with a discount a while back but have never gotten around to playing.  If the game is decent, which I understand it is, this is a very nice price point.

NCAA DLC - wow ... I'm surprised they are going there.  The season ends tonight, and now we get the DLC.  I sold the game months ago.

Message 5 of 39 (1,166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I think the sports stuff is great for those who love the genre. It's unfair to stick to RPGs/ Strategy/ Shooters.

As for Mega Man, I'm excited and I'm thinking of purchasing Eufloria, as well as the Dora's that were posted.

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 39 (1,165 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

I prefer hidden results during a poll, but after the poll ends the results should be released.  If the results are viewable during the poll, some will be influenced by the leading result and jump on the bandwagon, rather than go with their own preference.

Betas are fun, but they're only temporary.  Not exactly at the top of my list for PS Plus concent, but a nice icing on the cake.

I don't care too much for Megaman 9/10.  Give us some of the Megaman X games, or Legends, and then I'll get excited.

Is anything being removed from the IGC?  I didn't see anything mentioned in the blog.

Message 7 of 39 (1,160 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

Jan 8, 2013
I never understood this about Betas. I have to pay you for the right to be your tester? Can I buy you a lunch just for the privilege watching you eat it too?

Mega Man. While this series was ok on Nintendo I never got past the second or third. I might try it but i know the graphics are going to get me upset. Why did I buy a high powered gaming system?

Eufloria looks interesting because I like strategy. But I wish there was a way to test it before I played it. Yes $2.50 is too much for me to gamble on.

And NCAA DLC which has 3 additional players. Could you narrow the scope of the target recipient any further? At least wait for the season the be over a little bit for the nostalgia buyer. But like a previous poster said I'd bet most people have traded their games back in by now.

Week 2 = boo.
Message 8 of 39 (1,120 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Jan 8, 2013

knightnorth wrote:
I never understood this about Betas. I have to pay you for the right to be your tester? Can I buy you a lunch just for the privilege watching you eat it too?

Mega Man. While this series was ok on Nintendo I never got past the second or third. I might try it but i know the graphics are going to get me upset. Why did I buy a high powered gaming system?

Eufloria looks interesting because I like strategy. But I wish there was a way to test it before I played it. Yes $2.50 is too much for me to gamble on.

And NCAA DLC which has 3 additional players. Could you narrow the scope of the target recipient any further? At least wait for the season the be over a little bit for the nostalgia buyer. But like a previous poster said I'd bet most people have traded their games back in by now.

Week 2 = boo.

You don't have to pay anyone to be in a beta, PS+ members get EARLY ACCESS to it. Betas are never something you pay for. Later on  they will send out codes for the closed beta, and eventually it might be an open beta.

Message 9 of 39 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

we get used to the following:
1st week: AAA title
2nd week: arcade game
3rd week & 4th week: PS vita + PSN games

in this month
1st week: arcade game
2nd week: PSN games

where is the AAA title? i pay my fee/month mainly for this AAA title

Im not paying my money for arcade game that i have no interest about it
Im not paying my money for PSN game that i can download it for free on my pc !!

The remaining two weeks are known just a game for vita owners and another PSN game and the month is gone !!!

Do not blame me, just look at EU and how they are having consistant great offering of good AAA titles, PSN games and even discounts. Here if they offered one good title, they will provide us with crap content for weeks and months after !!

Message 10 of 39 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes