Jan 28 2013
By: mochuuu PlayStation Community Manager 1463 posts

Sound Off: PS Plus 1/29 Update: Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS Vita) Free for PS Plus

[ Edited ]
38 replies 782 views Edited Jan 28, 2013

Hey everyone, 

Here's the update for this week on Plus. Have a look and let me know your thoughts and I'l answer any questions I can on this week's update throughout the week. 

January is almost over, and we have one more Plus update for you, but first let’s reminisce on this month’s offerings, shall we? Plus member freebies included NBA Jam: On Fire EditionDarksidersMega Man 9 and 10, along with Foosball 2012, and we there were some awesome deals with the 13 for ’13 discounts (last day is today). Topping it all off was access to the God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta, and the 12+3 Plus promotion where you can buy one year of Plus and get three extra months at no additional cost; which is active right now.

We’re sending January off by welcoming Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for PS Vita, free for Plus members! There are also some amazing PSN gems at fantastic prices that you may have missed. Read on and enjoy the update, which takes effect when the PlayStation Store updates on January 29th.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita to purchase, or click here to get instant access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

January 29th PlayStation Plus Update

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members

One of the highest-rated action games is back and better than ever. Experience a new way to play one of the finest editions of Ninja Gaiden Sigma with motion & touch controls, tons of content, and new challenges to test even the toughest ninja. Be warned though, Ninja Gaiden is a tough game, but the feeling of mastering the combat and handling your foes is second to none.

Madden 13 Sale (PS3 and PS Vita)

30% off for PS Plus members

With the Super Bowl right around the corner (go Niners!), our friends at EA are happy to help everyone get ready for the big game by offering both PS3 and PS Vita versions of Madden 13 for 30% off.

Madden 13 (PS3) – Original Price: $41.99; PS Plus Price: $29.39
Madden 13 (PS Vita) – Original Price: $27.99; PS Plus Price: $19.59

Gatling Gears (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

When the Empire begins its reign of destruction in a thirst for natural resources, it’s up to Max Brawley, a retired Gatling Gear pilot, to stop them. Together with his niece and his trusty Gatling Gear unit he must fight his way to the heart of the Empire and eliminate the destruction at its source. Grab the game that IGN.com called “a joy to play”, at a steal of a price.

Section 8: Prejudice (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $5.00)

Pick up this sci-fi first person shooter with dynamic combat at an amazing price. In Section 8: Prejudice, every decision drastically impacts the battlefield. Discover the sinister series of betrayals that threaten humanity’s survival in the single-player campaign; or battle up to 32 players in multiple game modes as you complete a variety of Dynamic Combat Missions.

Greed Corp (PS3) (US and Canada only)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $2.50)

Why share when you can have it all? Greed Corp is an online multiplayer strategy game in which you battle for dominance over a world once rich in resources. In order to prevail, you must exhaust all remaining resources to build an army, and use the depleted collapsing terrain to your advantage. An extensive campaign mode and multiple unlockables are also waiting to help you prepare to take the battle online.

PlayStation Plus Update 1-29-2013

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 39 (782 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/29 Update: Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS Vita) Free for PS Plus

Jan 28, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 39 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4990 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/29 Update: Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS Vita) Free for PS Plus

Jan 28, 2013

i will try ninja guiden-- looks to be a cool game, and being a vita owner seems cool to me=-== but alot will **bleep**. thinking because we got a vita game meant they got something cut out of ps3- which isnt the case.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 39 (762 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3498 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Awesome addition! Thanks Playstation! and at that price for Madden 13 on the Vita I may get it too.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 39 (750 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1913 posts

Jan 28, 2013

As I've said on the blog and elsewhere, I'm really happy to see NGSP as the PS+ IGC this week. I've been saying for a month now that this game had to be an IGC prior to the sequel's release strictly from a marketing standpoint, so it's good to see the PS+ people have some smarts about them. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but the game is fairly well reviewed, so it could entice several people to buy the sequel when it releases next week. Makes perfect business sense.

To those PS3-only users that feel gipped, grow up. There were FOUR PS3 IGC games this month (five if you consider the Mega Man collection as two). That means, despite not getting a game added this week, you still averaged one free game per week! Yet, no where does the PS+ subscription promise you a free game every week. Seems like there are way too many greedy people here. Go talk to some 360 owners about their LIVE subscription if you think PS+ isn't worth it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 39 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Very good update for the Vita Morgoto. Cry Baby Buntings(Ni No Kuni!) are losing their minds though because they think this is supposed to be on par with Slumber Pups which EU is getting in Feb.

Hoping US plus can put them in their place with a great full release next week!

My hopefuls are.....

Kingdoms of Amalur

Bayonetta

Okami HD

Dishonored(unlikely but that would be something else!)

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 39 (718 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jan 28, 2013

I don't have a Vita and I'm not buying one.  This splitting of the Plus group by offering Vita stuff one week and nothing for PS3 people is unfortunate.  Great for those who have both I guess but it lessens the deal for most of us.  My membership lapsed in December and I've been waiting for a reason to come back.  Weeks like this don't help.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 39 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1913 posts

Jan 28, 2013

someday wrote:

I don't have a Vita and I'm not buying one.  This splitting of the Plus group by offering Vita stuff one week and nothing for PS3 people is unfortunate.  Great for those who have both I guess but it lessens the deal for most of us.  My membership lapsed in December and I've been waiting for a reason to come back.  Weeks like this don't help.

Just because a Vita-only game was offered this week, doesn't mean it took the place of a PS3 game. PS3 users already got four (arguably five) games this month....that's already an average of one per week. And don't forget about GoW beta access as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 39 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

someday wrote:

The vita additions in no way, shape or form take away from the ps3 library of games. Before the addition of Vita games there was always a week or two where no ps3 games were offered. Not really sure where your info comes from. There were 7 games total offered for ps3  and Vita in January.

Darksiders

NBA JAM

Foosball

Megaman 9

Megaman 10

VITA: Ninja Gaiden Sigma PLUS! Chronovolt

That right there is one helluva month to start of the new year if you ask me! Not even included are the amazing discounts that have come our way this month. :smileyvery-happy: Perhaps you didn't know that the IGC wasn't always a Plus thing?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 39 (705 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3498 posts

Jan 28, 2013

For real people stop your complaining. So you go 1 week without getting a PS3 game for plus. In the old days of plus you would go most of the month without anything after the initial games for that month came out in the 1st week.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 39 (683 Views)
0 Likes