Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
43 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/14: Darksiders Free for Plus Members

Jan 15, 2013

Love it...I am gonna download this game quick (hope its not 20 gb).....Keep up the good work PS PLus!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
11334 posts

Jan 15, 2013

It's 10 gb, last I checked. 

I wished I didn't bought it months back. But it's so fun that it's not worth waiting. Enjoy!

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (330 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11060 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Darksiders is not particularly a game I've been looking forward to, based on impressions of the past demo. While I've definitely liked some of the THQ games I've picked up in the past years, including everything from Red Faction to Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, the not getting either of the Darksiders game has contributed in some small way to their bankruptcy. However, I'll give the game a shot, even though it's not exactly a game on my list that drives me into a crazed lovefest for this week's update. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (327 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3602 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Give it a shot man because it really is a great game. I already have it and plat'ed it but its an excellent game that deserves more attention. Glad that more people will get to play it now and hopefully they go out and get darksiders 2 afterwards.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (319 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I voted Darksiders only because ... I don't even remember why.  Honestly, I think Darksiders is a "safe" game, as I imagine that a majority of PS+ subscribers don't own the game.  Sony should know, right?  They can at least pull some numbers on Darksiders trophies awarded under PS+ accounts.

I actually picked up Darksiders for under $10 last year around Christmas as part of one of Amazon's sales.  Never got around to opening it.  My oldest son is enjoying Darksiders II, so I am sure that he will at least give the first one a go as well.  Maybe now I can flip my physical copy for a few bucks or throw it in for "free" when we sale Darksiders II on eBay.

I will pick up Stardrone because it is so cheap, but I also know this will pop up for "free" in the Vita IGC sometime in the next 6-12 months.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (269 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1476 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Dua1-Blade- wrote:

Looking forward to Darksiders! I have been looking for a retail copy of this game for a while now so I am happy!

Sadly it took THQ going bankrupt to get it in NA Plus :smileysad:

Well, THQ's situation wasn't a prerequisite to Darksiders going free in Plus, but hopefully the development teams that they work with will continue to get their games out. Here's hoping! 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6174 posts

Jan 15, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

Dua1-Blade- wrote:

Looking forward to Darksiders! I have been looking for a retail copy of this game for a while now so I am happy!

Well, THQ's situation wasn't a prerequisite to Darksiders going free in Plus, but hopefully the development teams that they work with will continue to get their games out. Here's hoping! 

Ya, hopfully they can still get their games out, I am still hoping Vigil Games, will continue with their plan to make a Darksiders 3,4, and 5.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (221 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 15, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

Dua1-Blade- wrote:

I believe that Darksiders was one of the first IGC games for the EU, so I don't believe that THQ's troubles had anything to do with it....

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Very happy with getting such a great game. Would love to see some more discounts on Vita titles in the future. I'm so mad I missed out on tht MGS sale!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 16, 2013

it will be sick if they could put more games.. darksider is really a good game

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (140 Views)
0 Likes