Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 14 2013
By: mochuuu PlayStation Community Manager 1469 posts

Sound Off: PS Plus 1/14: Darksiders Free for Plus Members

25 replies 853 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

Here's this week's PlayStation Plus update. I've subscribed to this thread and will jump in where I can to answer any questions I'm able to, or just chat with you all on this week's update. Thanks!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/14/playstation-plus-update-become-war-in-darksiders-free-for-...

Take the weekly poll here! 

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

January 15th PlayStation Plus Update

Darksiders (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Take control of War, one of the fabled Horseman of the Apocalypse, and rain down destruction with a combination of brutal attacks and supernatural abilities. Darksiders’ true appeal however isn’t just in its visceral action. With an emphasis on open world traversal and mind-bending dungeons to explore, Darksiders delivers a true adventure, supported by the amazing art styling of comic book art genius Joe Madureira.

PlayStation Plus Update 1-15-2013

Stardrone Extreme

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $3.99; PS Plus Price: $2.00)

Don’t miss out on this great deal for the PS Vita charmer Stardrone Extreme. Each level starts by aiming and shooting yourself out of a cannon into outer space. Your spaceship stays in motion from this point on, and it’s your job to attach to nearby gravity beacons to navigate its flight path. While tethered to a beacon, you’ll swing and attempt to circle the beacon until you release and slingshot yourself further. This core mechanic brings together elements of shoot ‘em up, pinball, collecting objects; all in one unique game.

One other note; some of you noticed that inFAMOUS 2 left PlayStation Plus as a free game last week. This was an error and it will be back in the Instant Game Collection on the 1/15 PlayStation Store Update.

PlayStation Plus Update 1-15-2013

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (853 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4799 posts

Re: Sound Off: PS Plus 1/14: Darksiders Free for Plus Members

Jan 14, 2013

Excellent update since I've been waiting for so long to give Darksiders a try. Good thing it's not Darksiders II, so that I can enjoy the full experience from it's ground up.

Don't drop the ball in next week's update please. More good games! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (794 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Very nice update, been trying to play this game for ages now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (791 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Game is great and all but this could have been much better if you ask me. There's probably some confounded reason that this happened the way it did butI think one of these would have been much better seeing whats going on with THQ at the moment:

Darksiders Bundle for PS+ similar to Steam sale(Both games and all DLC for #2 ) for $25-$30.

Or have Darksiders 1 & 2 free for one week and keep all DLC at normal price.  (Finally have a week that can come close to competing with the EU +)

or even Darksiders 2 along with all DLC for 30-50% off (PS+ only)  at the same time you have Darksiders free for the week.

Proud Owner of PS3, PS Vita, Nintendo Wii and 3DS.
O... I also have a 360.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (789 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5493 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Finally a good game, and one I haven't played to boot! Tried the demo, was fun, just never had interest to buy it.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

Meh. Why the hell is Stardrone only at 50% off from $4? It's ONLY $4! Better decision to make that free for vita users since we haven't seen anything worthwhile in ages. AGES! On top of which, is stardropne cross-buy, or just solely Vita?

I really don't understand all of these hypocrites on the PSN Blog who rant about all of these past crap garbage games, but give praise to you for posting this 1 $10 game for 1 time.

I'll still d/l Darksiders, but GoW is NOT my style of gameplay i enjoy, and seeing how this is a crummy knock-off with a stick of Zelda intertwined I am more or less STILL UNIMPRESSED with what PS+ offers us subscribers.

How about rather than giving us garbage games OVER AND OVER again why not just go back to discounting better games 50-75% off?

Or better yet, give us a weekly currency to cash in on whatever we want to spend on such as DLC, BETTER GAMES than what's been offerred, avatars, themes, PS1 games, PSP games, etc.

This is becoming rediculous how the number of plus subscribers "increases" but they lose track of what actually appeals to them when some mediocre game from a company who just went belly-up, BANKRUPT, becomes free.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (742 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Plating a game tonight, starting Darksiders tomorrow! Nice!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (737 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Looking forward to Darksiders! I have been looking for a retail copy of this game for a while now so I am happy!

Sadly it took THQ going bankrupt to get it in NA Plus :smileysad:

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed III, Ni No Kuni
Want to play: Tales of Xillia, inFAMOUS Second Son!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2787 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Excellent update since I've been waiting for so long to give Darksiders a try. Good thing it's not Darksiders II, so that I can enjoy the full experience from it's ground up.

Don't drop the ball in next week's update please. More good games! :smileyhappy:

Agreed. Great update. If I enjoy Darksiders, will definitely pick up the sequel.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Always been interested in trying Darksiders so thanks. Plus just keeps getting better!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (691 Views)
0 Likes