Highlighted
Jan 29 2013
By: Mercenary09 Treasure Hunter 4463 posts

Soul Sacrifice Out April 30th: Box Art, Pre-order Extras Revealed

[ Edited ]
13 replies 365 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

+ Posted by Aram Jabbari // Public Relations Manager, PlayStation

Since it was announced for North America, and as new assets and details are rolled out to eager fans worldwide, excitement for Soul Sacrifice has only increased. No other title for PlayStation Vita combines the same frantic real-time combat, thrilling sense of scale, smartly interwoven cooperative multiplayer, or meaningful character customization… Not to mention the contributions of legends of gaming like designer Keiji Inafune or composer Yasunori Mitsuda and Wataru Hokoyama.

For weeks, fans have asked for more info about the game’s North American release, wanting a final date and box art, and details about possible pre-order extras. Finally, those questions can be answered!

Soul Sacrifice for PS Vita launches in stores and via PlayStation Network on April 30th, 2013. As for the box art, it is essentially the same as that which Japanese fans will proudly display on their shelves (or pedestals, if you’re a pedestal kind of person):

Soul Sacrifice on PS Vita

Fans who pre-order Soul Sacrifice will receive an exclusive pack of in-game content — it will not be sold anywhere else!

• Two (2) Unique Costumes with which players can customize their character
  • Three (3) Magic Items to aid players in battle:
  • Spirits’ Flamepike – Shards of the spear provided by Fire spirits, unleashing a five hit combo attack with heat effects
  • Spirits’ Blightstone – Explosive stones with poison effects provided by the spirits
  • Spirits’ Fulgurwood – Root provided by the Thunder spirits. Tracks enemies on the ground and attacks with thunder spell

Soul Sacrifice on PS Vita

There’s more! Do you prefer to play with Japanese audio tracks whenever possible? You might want to pre-order…

Reserve Soul Sacrifice and, in addition to the in-game costume & item bundle, you’ll also receive the Japanese voice-over pack for free. This pack will be sold separately, but the only way to get it right at launch for no added cost is to pre-order!

Thrilled to finally be able to reveal a release date to his North American fans, Project Lead Keiji Inafune had this to say:

I’m excited that we are finally able to announce the release date of Soul Sacrifice. I have put all my passion and soul into the game’s concept and my talented team has made an incredible effort to create the best game it could ever be. I’m confident that we’ve created an extremely engaging game that you will enjoy playing.

The game has become nothing like any other game with an original and deep world settings which could only be possible in a dark fantasy environment. I’m looking forward to you being able to experience the unique adventure of real heroism in Soul Sacrifice. Immerse yourself in the world of Soul Sacrifice and have fun playing it!

Keiji Inafune, Conceptor and CEO – comcept, Inc.

Soul Sacrifice on PS VitaSoul Sacrifice on PS Vita

There’s plenty left to share and reveal for Soul Sacrifice… Keep coming back to PS.Blog for more updates!

Message 1 of 14 (365 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7412 posts

Re: Soul Sacrifice Out April 30th: Box Art, Pre-order Extras Revealed

Jan 29, 2013

Excellent news, i hope we get a Killzone Mercenary march release date and a tearaway release date pretty soon too.

Message 2 of 14 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

**bleep** awesome, hope we get a demo before then. But great news nonetheless~.

Edit: sucks for the preorder bonuses, I don't buy from Gamestop so I'll probably miss them~.

Message 3 of 14 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Jan 29, 2013

game looks great.  finally some updates on it's release.  nice work mercenary09

Message 4 of 14 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jan 29, 2013

As I posted on the blog, Soul Sacrifice is one of the main reasons I wanted a PS Vita...really looking forward to this game!

I got to play the demo at CES, but couldn't play too long, so really hope the demo is going to be available in the US soon, prior to release. I'll probably pre-order regardless, but it would still be nice to try it out.

As for some people complaining about the Japanese voice track being separate DLC, I for one applaud that move. I'm sure I'm in the majority of Americans that don't know a lick of Japanese and have no intention on using the Japanese voice overs. The game seems very story-driven, so it's likely that including two full voice over tracks would increase file size tremendously, so I'm glad I can save some by not being forced to download the Japanese track.

Message 5 of 14 (338 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Normally I am not one to comment on box art but that is some awesome box art. So can't wait to pick this up, one of the main reasons I also go my Vita was for this and PSO 2 (prays that is still coming out on it)..

Message 6 of 14 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Jan 29, 2013
For those few of us unfamiliar with the SS series, would someone please describe the type of game it is? I've heard of it but know nothing about it.
Message 7 of 14 (292 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

RedZepp wrote:
For those few of us unfamiliar with the SS series, would someone please describe the type of game it is? I've heard of it but know nothing about it.

It's like a really dark Monster Hunter.

Message 8 of 14 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 29, 2013

RedZepp wrote:

It's not a series to begin with, this is the first game. Like ProfessorGerbik said, it's looking like a dark themed Monster Hunter though so far, nobody really knows how will the game exactly play. It's mission based but there's no indicator of whether it'll be hub based as it happens in Monster Hunter or 100% mission based a la God Eater Burst / Ragnarok Odyssey / Lord of Arcana~.

Message 9 of 14 (280 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I can finally justify my Vita, I will Pre-Order as I haven't Pre-Order a game before but this game has already convinced me.

Message 10 of 14 (275 Views)
0 Likes