Apr 18 2013
By: narutofanO6 I Only Post Everything 1261 posts

Soul Calibur 5/$20

[ Edited ]
4 replies 284 views Edited Mar 12, 2014

Would it be worth it to get it at that price on PSN?

Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 5 (284 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Re: Soul Calibur 5/$20

Apr 19, 2013
The game is worth $20. It's not worth the $65 that I had paid for it when it first came out. Personally, I much prefer Soul Calibur 4 to 5, sice 5 got rid of a lot of fantastic characters (Talim (my best and absolute favorite), Taki, Cervantes, and a bunch of others. I think that they should have left the guard impact system the way it was in Soul Calibur 1 - 4 since it was so great (I had an almost impenetrable defense). They made it so you have to have meter in order to perform a guard impact which was a deal breaker for me. It's not a terrible game, but I think it fails in comparison to the older games.

Maybe they'll fix the impact system with the next installment. If they do, I'll get it.
My PSN
Message 2 of 5 (278 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1261 posts

Apr 19, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
The game is worth $20. It's not worth the $65 that I had paid for it when it first came out. Personally, I much prefer Soul Calibur 4 to 5, sice 5 got rid of a lot of fantastic characters (Talim (my best and absolute favorite), Taki, Cervantes, and a bunch of others. I think that they should have left the guard impact system the way it was in Soul Calibur 1 - 4 since it was so great (I had an almost impenetrable defense). They made it so you have to have meter in order to perform a guard impact which was a deal breaker for me. It's not a terrible game, but I think it fails in comparison to the older games.

Maybe they'll fix the impact system with the next installment. If they do, I'll get it.

I liked 4 except the online was way to laggy thanks for the input

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 5 (273 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 25, 2013

you can purchase the downloadable packs that have items so you can create a Talim, Seoung Mina, Taki and other characters that they left out. also i wish they had Maxi with the double nun chucks like they did in Soul Calibur but it was just a demonstration version not a playable one.

Message 4 of 5 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42173 posts

Aug 27, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:

I bought the Collector's Edition off of Amazon for $24 recently.  Given what's there, I'm happy with that price point and not the $60+ I paid for SCIV's CE.

Cervantes is still there in V.  However, there are some MIA characters and even with their 'replacements', the **bleep** poor story mode focuses on Pyrrah and Patrokolos (sp) with ZWEI also being playable but you never really get any story for these other characters or new ones to see what they've been up to or why they're where they're at right now.  Ivy, who I main, is just there in passing.  I don't think Mitsurugi ever shows up.  Voldo is following you at some points but is never explained why he's employed and so on.  I want character-specific stories for everyone, not the consolidated 'crap' we got in V with Namco/Project Souls focusing on individuals they choose.  I want to know what happens with *MY* favorite characters.  Namco/Project Souls just keep stepping further and further back with the single player/story elements of SC this gen.

CAS is still kind of odd to me.  They've made some improvements with customization but a lot of stuff is just things carried over from IV's such as the armor and hairstyles being from the 2P costumes of characters.  Not to mention, once again, we don't get CAS specific styles like III had.  You're stuck pretty much creating 'reskins' of the current roster, much like those bonus characters from IV (nice designs, but their movesets were just rips of Cervantes, Astaroth, Nightmare, etc.).

Message 5 of 5 (204 Views)
0 Likes