Highlighted
Jun 14 2012
By: TheDster Gaming Beast 2241 posts
Accepted Solution

Sonys site to alter my ps3s shows 4 ps3s on my account.

8 replies 9 views Edited Jun 14, 2012

There should only be 3 there.  One 80 gig, one 120 gig slim, and a 320 gig that has issues and i sent in to get fixed came back the same.  It shows 4 though for some reason?  How do i fix?

I love emailing sony BTW cause its designed to be a chore for some reason.  Ive never had any issues emailing or contacting any other place in the world but sony never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to contact them.

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 1 of 9 (9 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6916 posts

Re: Sonys site to alter my ps3s shows 4 ps3s on my account.

Jun 14, 2012

How is it hard to email them? You just go here:

http://us.playstation.com/support/ask/

And then type your question.  I've only had to do it once and they answered within a day.  You could also just call them. 

Anyway, in this case I wouldn't worry about it.  I'm sure you just forgot using it on a different system, whether an old one or a friend's.  Disable all, and then sign in on them again to activate.  It's probably faster than talking to Sony about it.  If another console shows up there's obviously a problem, otherwise you're done.

Message 2 of 9 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 14, 2012

I dont know why, but he seems to like doing things the hard way and not use the part of the brain that contains logic and common sense either, and assumes its all some massive conspiracy.

Here Dster.... stop crying, follow the directions.

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2616

Deactivating All Consoles

1. Log-in to your Sony Entertainment Network account at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

2. Click on the "Account " tab on the top right of the screen.

3. Select "Media and Devices " from the left side of the screen.

4. Four boxes will appear on the right: one for Video, Game, Music and Comics. Click anywhere in the Game box and then choose "Deactivate All ".

5. Click "Yes " to confirm deactivation.

Note: Once you have performed this deactivation you will be unable to repeat it for 6 months.

Then when they are all activated, go to each PS3 and re-activate them.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 9 (9 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28833 posts

Jun 14, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I dont know why, but he seems to like doing things the hard way and not use the part of the brain that contains logic and common sense either, and assumes its all some massive conspiracy.

Here Dster.... stop crying, follow the directions.

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2616

Deactivating All Consoles

1. Log-in to your Sony Entertainment Network account at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

2. Click on the "Account " tab on the top right of the screen.

3. Select "Media and Devices " from the left side of the screen.

4. Four boxes will appear on the right: one for Video, Game, Music and Comics. Click anywhere in the Game box and then choose "Deactivate All ".

5. Click "Yes " to confirm deactivation.

Note: Once you have performed this deactivation you will be unable to repeat it for 6 months.

Then when they are all activated, go to each PS3 and re-activate them.

-Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open. -There's no limit to what brainwashed people can rationalize

If he did that then it wouldn't be possible for him to complain.

Message 4 of 9 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Oh no, that would just make too much sense.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 9 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 15, 2012

It should make since shouldnt it?  Although it doesnt take that 4th one off cause i did do that, there is no 4th ps3 it dont exist and deactivating it doesnt make it vanish.

Also emailing them i hit ps3/ all sub/ deactivation-reactivation in subs and wrote it down couldnt send it, so i started messing with the all subs category couldnt email.

God knows where the email went i just eventually picked one that would go thru.

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 6 of 9 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 15, 2012

you're doing something wrong.

apparently you are always doing things the right way and somehow everything goes awry when you do it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 9 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Of course i did something wrong i sent the 320 to sony and now it shows i got two 320s on my account.  is the only thing i can figure out.  Not only that but i got an extra added issue with the 320 i sent to them, that i didnt discover after that patch.

I know what they are doing now, they are trying to say i got 4 ps3s.  So i cant download my games i purchased thru the store anymore.  when in fact they have only been downloaded on 3 systems.  This is sonys messup once again though.  No doubt about it.  I just deactivated my 320 and i still got two 320s on that site.  It said i had to do it thru the ps3 so i did.

Message 8 of 9 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Lol, well see Capatain.  I think you maybe right one was showing comic, i dont even know what that is?

I got on my ps3 120 slim and all my themes are corrupted now.  Id say their series of patches screwed ps3 over 4.0-4.11 patches.  They are still displaying but i cant move thru the ones i got to see them anymore.  I think im done with sonys crap.  Do this do that, do this do that. Wth, they corrupted our systems to sell Vita, thats the bottom line.  Ok i got it, lol.  I didnt know themes was part of games.

I got another question, if i deactivate my psp from playing video.  Can i play video movies on 2 ps3s, provided i buy the movie on the other ps3?

Message 9 of 9 (9 Views)
0 Likes