Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Re: Sony too slow with Software/OS updates

Apr 7, 2014

Then they will lose the US market again, Americans have less patience then Japan, europe. Sony is sqaundering their earl;y lead already.

Message 61 of 138 (212 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Apr 7, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Then they will lose the US market again, Americans have less patience then Japan, europe. Sony is sqaundering their earl;y lead already.

Yes, Sony is going to lose it's foothold in NA because no one can watch their 3D Blurays and play MP3's. What a tragedy.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 62 of 138 (205 Views)
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

It never stops shocking me the kind of arguments that people throw around in threads such as this...

In the end of the day, we shouldn't really be talking about brands... but what different products do for the consumer. 

If anyone fails to see (and I can't understand how this is possible... if you have a brain) the added value of having a PS4 running games and being able to run Plex, stream DLNA content, play audio CDs (why not even Super Audio CDs, given this is Sony HD format?), play MP3s from external storage, costumize their interface, etc... Then I think no good, sound arguments will ever convince (or make that person admit it) these people.

Me, I am really hoping to be able to see the updates that Sony promised... I want to use my PS4 more but, was not for my long hours of FIFA 14 playing (that can be done pretty much in any console), I would never be turning on my PS4... there really isn't a point to do so.

Thinking about the big picture... nowadays, given the current state of technology, a console has to aim to be ON all the time. And for this to be feasible, it has to do EVERYTHING. Truth be said, this is a bit MS's approach. Whether it was implemented wrongly, that is another discussion. But if a gaming console is to be an economical success, multitasking really is something they will have to aim to. Finally... this will suit me superbly as a consumer. I am tired of all the devices I have (just finding which source is what on my AV receiver is a bloody nightmare)... I want one device to rule them ALL (oh wait... Steam Box anyone?)!

Anyway... Really looking forward to see the potential of PS4 being transformed into reality!

Message 63 of 138 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10134 posts

Apr 8, 2014
@mastorofpuppetz

Not sure how their lead is squandering. Xbox had a sales boost because of Titanfall but never sold out. PS4 was still sold out everywhere. Had supply met the demand, Sony probably would have sold 10 million already.

And have you looked at the list of Amazon best sellers lately? Even the PS4 camera is outselling the Xbox One Titanfall Edition. The regular edition isn't even in the top 100.
Message 64 of 138 (179 Views)
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Amazon is just 1 retaielr and has no bearing on the opverall sales picture. overall x1 is beating ps4 weekly despite still being 50 dollars more. Sony has to step it up or they will lsoe the worlds most important market.

Message 65 of 138 (177 Views)
Gaming Beast
1638 posts

Apr 8, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

When exactly did they lose it? Everything indicates that the PS4 is dominating xbone as of this moment and will continue to do so.  Nobody is concerned with another box that will control your TV, we have Direct TV and Dish, no need for the xbone cable box.

Message 66 of 138 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
555 posts

Apr 8, 2014

For the average consumer, choosing a product usually comes down to one main thing. Which product has more features. More and more people are getting into video games now, so consoles should be aiming at more than just hardcore gamers.  The PS3 did an AMAZING job at that. The hardcore complained and sony listened..

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Member Of The GAP Since 10/30/2004
Message 67 of 138 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1638 posts

Apr 8, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Amazon is just 1 retaielr and has no bearing on the opverall sales picture. overall x1 is beating ps4 weekly despite still being 50 dollars more. Sony has to step it up or they will lsoe the worlds most important market.

WOWWWow, really need spell check, or you've been defending the xbone and microfail to much and have lost it completely!
Message 68 of 138 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10134 posts

Apr 8, 2014
@mastorofpuppetz

Gamestops best seller list has the PS4 destroying it as well. There's two major names with PS4, killing Xbox One.

And again. PS4 sold out all through Feb & March. Xbox didn't. You can't sell more consoles then you are making which is why your sales comparison is BS. M$ even had to give their biggest game away for free to even try and compete. That's not good.
Message 69 of 138 (166 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Apr 8, 2014

milcs wrote:

It never stops shocking me the kind of arguments that people throw around in threads such as this...

In the end of the day, we shouldn't really be talking about brands... but what different products do for the consumer. 

If anyone fails to see (and I can't understand how this is possible... if you have a brain) the added value of having a PS4 running games and being able to run Plex, stream DLNA content, play audio CDs (why not even Super Audio CDs, given this is Sony HD format?), play MP3s from external storage, costumize their interface, etc... Then I think no good, sound arguments will ever convince (or make that person admit it) these people.

Me, I am really hoping to be able to see the updates that Sony promised... I want to use my PS4 more but, was not for my long hours of FIFA 14 playing (that can be done pretty much in any console), I would never be turning on my PS4. That is the point of a game console, everything else is extra.

The PS4's operating system was designed a specific way, I'm sure all you have noticed so. Anything aside from a game doesn't make its way onto the hard drive. Not just our preexisting music collections and other media but movies and music that are available on PSN. Perhaps there is a reason for that and that reason is why it is taking so long to implement in a firmware update. But I won't pretend to know what is going on or how long it should take, and I don't expect you to either.

If historical precedence is worth anything, take a look at the early updates for the PSP and PS3, maybe even the Vita. Look at how barebones and sparse they are in comparison to their current operating systems. There will be no update where everything is fixed and every new feature under the sun would be added. Would any of you even have the patience to wait for such an update? If the forums since launch are any indication: No. Features will trickle in via smaller updates every once in a while. These things have taken time in the past and they will take time now.

I, and I'm sure I can speak for most others, see no fault in adding features to the PS4; the more the- (cliche). But Sony does not exist on the forums in the capacity most are led  to believe. This isn't a direct line to whatever division creates, tests, and distributes firmware updates. No one here is failing to see the advantages, we just see the issue for what it is.

In the meantime you have (n) amount of devices that can play your music, 3D-Blurays, CD's and etc. Wait.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 70 of 138 (221 Views)