Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4116 posts

Re: Sony too slow with Software/OS updates

Apr 8, 2014

uh--oh wrote:

Well I can tell you for a fact sony doesn't care. I've been part of sony forums for a long time. Not once have they every listened to its fans here. Only as it may pertain to fixes for a game. Anything else, sony turns a blind eye. Whats ironic now is that we had this debate years ago and verified sony doesn't care.

Thats why people like myself and others state sony is clueless when it comes to its customer base. Just watch and learn, you will see many things go against the popular vote of the community, games and their direction, features, etc...It happened to us and will happen to you. The sad part for you now is your being forced to pay for online which makes it worse for your generation.

i can promise you i've been around here longer. my date over there is my 2nd account. i was a GAP member, if that means anything to you. 

on the ps3, they very well did add things we asked for. a few of the ideas came straight from the blog.share. the ps3, at launch, was not the same console we have now. hell, they even gave us a 3D blu-ray player for free through an update. which, at the time, were going for $1000+ in stores.

the problem i've seen over the years has gotten a lot worse. the problem is called "entitlement". no company is obligated to ever add things or update anything. in the advent of "updating" over the last 15 years, people have come to expect companies to keep supporting older hardware/software, *but* they don't have to, at all. they do it to stay competitive, and i'm glad for it, but there has to be a balance between what they can actually do, while still staying in profit, versus what we want. they will, and have, tried to please us many times in the past, but there just really is no pleasing some people.

most of the time, we want things that are, either, too costly, almost impossible, or just downright silly. these companies have to take requests as they come, decide if it will be worth the engineering, build it, test it, fix whatever bugs/glitches they find during testing, then finally release it out to us. it is not an easy process, but a lot of people just think someone snaps their fingers and it happens. sorry, business does not run that way.

cross-game chat is a perfect example. people asked for it for a long time. sony said a couple times along the way they were trying to get it to work. then 2 years ago, they finally came out & said it can't be done because of RAM limitations on the ps3. yet, we still have people come here everyday asking for it, not as much, but they still ask. people see a "feature" on another device and they "expect" it on their device. again, not how it works. 

it seems like it would'nt be a problem, right? i mean, hell, the 360 was able to do it, why couldn't the ps3? because they're not the SAME consoles. they were/are built differently, using different HW and different OSs, from 2 very different companies in ideology and direction.

sony is a business. they are not out to hold our hands and give us everything we want. they are in it to make money, that's it. people like you need to decide whether what they offer is worth it to you, or find another product, and company, that will.

Please use plain text.
Message 131 of 138 (244 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14484 posts

Apr 8, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Last gen is irrelevant, right now Xbox has mroe games and more announced like Quantum break, Project spark, titanfall, Forza, Dead rising, Susnet overdrive.

So why'd ya bring it up?

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 132 of 138 (226 Views)
Gaming Beast
2284 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Sony is in dire straits financially, if you don't think so your blind.

Please use plain text.
Message 133 of 138 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
1905 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

Let's please be respectful towards other members of the PlayStation Community on these forums. Take a moment to review the Rules of Conduct. Thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Message 134 of 138 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9414 posts

Apr 8, 2014
@mastorofpuppetz

Sony was is dire straits last gen to. They still had a far better library. Funny though how you post all these mediocre Xbox games, acting like Sony is all dried up yet completely ignore my thread about Sonys recent presentation to every Japanese developer in the industry. How is Project Spark going to be when we start seeing development in PS2 like proportions from the developers who helped cream the original Xbox?
Please use plain text.
Message 135 of 138 (186 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 8, 2014
Were is the update for the PX4 headset "Bluetooth" and music "MP3" this month please
Please use plain text.
Message 136 of 138 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Apr 8, 2014

So then what are you complaining about?

This is what is coming in the next major update..... 

Please use plain text.
Message 137 of 138 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Apr 8, 2014

VDubPDX82 wrote:

Thank you for telling me about something I already knew. Sony is slow, except it. I love PlayStation 100 times more than Xbox but Xbox has been getting monthly updates lately and Microsft is saying, "this is what we are doing, and we expect it to launch around this time". While Sony is like, (4 months after launch) "Hey! This is are first Big update and it is coming out some time in April." (a headset update is not a big update). I'm tired of hardly ever getting updated and waiting a long time for a few new features and maybe getting the bugs fixed for the current FW, and I'm not alone. But I guess we will see if this Big update brings more than expected, hopefully.

Well if you think that you can make it happen any faster then by all means get off you lazy butt go down to Sony Worldwide Headquarters and show then how to get the code written so that they can release the Updates for every feature everyone wants including your childrens childrens children. 

If you are not able to do that then you need to **bleep** and sit down beuase your time to speak has come to an end you getting all upset and angry over when an update comes out will NOT make it come out any faster

If that was the way it worked, I would gladly do that. You're done. S.t.f.u. You randle.

Please use plain text.
Message 138 of 138 (171 Views)
0 Likes