Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Re: Sony too slow with Software/OS updates

Apr 8, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

hockeykid2319 wrote:

Omg yes Sony is so f*cking slow! And on top of that, they hardly ever tell us what they are working on. This has been annoying me since PS3. I wish someone new would join that department and get their a**'s moving. :/

Sony has already announced what they're doing on the next update.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/19/upcoming-ps4-update-to-add-share-enhancements-and-hdcp-off...

Don't be a hypocrite. Sony has ALWAYS announced what they're doing, WHEN THEY ARE READY to do so.... Not when YOU feel like it.

Thank you for telling me about something I already knew. Sony is slow, except it. I love PlayStation 100 times more than Xbox but Xbox has been getting monthly updates lately and Microsft is saying, "this is what we are doing, and we expect it to launch around this time". While Sony is like, (4 months after launch) "Hey! This is are first Big update and it is coming out some time in April." (a headset update is not a big update). I'm tired of hardly ever getting updated and waiting a long time for a few new features and maybe getting the bugs fixed for the current FW, and I'm not alone. But I guess we will see if this Big update brings more than expected, hopefully.

Message 91 of 138 (240 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Apr 8, 2014

hockeykid2319 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

hockeykid2319 wrote:

Omg yes Sony is so f*cking slow! And on top of that, they hardly ever tell us what they are working on. This has been annoying me since PS3. I wish someone new would join that department and get their a**'s moving. :/

Sony has already announced what they're doing on the next update.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/19/upcoming-ps4-update-to-add-share-enhancements-and-hdcp-off...

Don't be a hypocrite. Sony has ALWAYS announced what they're doing, WHEN THEY ARE READY to do so.... Not when YOU feel like it.

Thank you for telling me about something I already knew. Sony is slow, except it. I love PlayStation 100 times more than Xbox but Xbox has been getting monthly updates lately and Microsft is saying, "this is what we are doing, and we expect it to launch around this time". While Sony is like, (4 months after launch) "Hey! This is are first Big update and it is coming out some time in April." (a headset update is not a big update). I'm tired of hardly ever getting updated and waiting a long time for a few new features and maybe getting the bugs fixed for the current FW, and I'm not alone. But I guess we will see if this Big update brings more than expected, hopefully.

So then what are you complaining about?

This is what is coming in the next major update..... 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 92 of 138 (232 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Well if you think that you can make it happen any faster then by all means get off you lazy butt go down to Sony Worldwide Headquarters and show then how to get the code written so that they can release the Updates for every feature everyone wants including your childrens childrens children. 

If you are not able to do that then you need to **bleep** and sit down beuase your time to speak has come to an end you getting all upset and angry over when an update comes out will NOT make it come out any faster

Message 93 of 138 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

?? Who buys a 400 dollar new system to play indies I can get for dirt cheap on steam?

A MS fan boy that has no clue whats going on. Microsot just struck a deal like sony for Indie titles. Yes. They even paid more to try to capture every Indie game thet possible can. Like via Eurogamer. MS spent millions on Indies. What a laugh seeing you troll us like this. and here at last is the link 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-04-microsoft-reveals-loads-of-indie-devs-signed-up-with-id...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-20-microsoft-unveils-xbox-one-indie-developer-self-publish...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-27-top-dog-or-underdog-microsofts-new-indie-initiative

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

Message 94 of 138 (210 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Apr 8, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

I swear some people on this forum need to learn patience.  I would rather them take their time and have things work than for an update to be rushed and having that update need an update to fix something.

Its not patience. Hes trolling.

Message 95 of 138 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1274 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Anyone else having the issue with the console all the sudden not auto powering off after a couple updates ago?

Message 96 of 138 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Kelsinator wrote:

Anyone else having the issue with the console all the sudden not auto powering off after a couple updates ago?

Nope none here.

Message 97 of 138 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1274 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

Kelsinator wrote:

Nope none here.

You have it set to do so?
Message 98 of 138 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Apr 8, 2014

I couldn't agree more, but this was expected. MS is a software company and Sony is a hardware company. MS may update software faster, but Sony uses better hardware for their consoles. They are 100% better quality. The thing is, Sony will eventually catch up with MS updates, but MS can never take back their hardware decisions.

Message 99 of 138 (176 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Sony is "slow" because they have to do a lot of things with each update before it goes live, you don't want these updates to brick your consoles, do you?

Message 100 of 138 (212 Views)