Apr 07 2014
By: mastorofpuppetz Gaming Beast 2362 posts

Sony too slow with Software/OS updates

[ Edited ]
137 replies 725 views Edited Apr 7, 2014

Sony is again dragging their feet with OS features. MS already detaield their april update where you can organization your pins on the OS, PS4 desperately needs this, along with many other features like friend notifications, you tube, etc... Why is sony so slow compared to MS?

Mod Edit: Fixed grammar in title. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TheTwistedCanuck

Message 1 of 138 (725 Views)
Sackboy
555 posts

Re: Sony too slow with Software/Os updates

Apr 7, 2014

Agreed, I dont know whats taking them so long to put all these little featues in that most people want.  Unless theyre making one huge patch with everything.. lmao yeah right.

Get ready for all the "Its a gaming system whocares about these features" posts.  It gets annoying.  Just because you mmight be happy with the way the PS4 is, not everyone is,  And if you don't let Sony know about it, and keep praising them, things will never get added.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Member Of The GAP Since 10/30/2004
Message 2 of 138 (714 Views)
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Apr 7, 2014

Sony fanboys, think soyn can do no wrong. I love playstation, but sony is terrible at OS software. Hope they prove me wrong. feature wise x1 is really pulling ahead.

Message 3 of 138 (685 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6558 posts

Apr 7, 2014

Firmware 1.70 will have HDCP removal for games....

Unlike Xbox one That has a broken HDCP system That requires you to shut the unit down and disconnect from the mains to turn HDCP off.... SCEI will be trying to get the system to be fully automatic....

Netflix app PS4 turns HDCP On

GT7 turns HDCP off

VUDU app PS4 turns HDCP on

UC4 turns HDCP off

Amazon instant app PS4 turns HDCP on.

All with out having to turn the console off...

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

Fix your 3.5mm headset mic issues with a solution....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Click Here <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 4 of 138 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2014

Microsoft has their own OS and other technological software. Telling Sony to do the same is like telling a pizzaria to make tacos; it's not their strong point. 

Also, you are basically saying that the PS4 "desperately" needs things that the Xbox One recently brought for their console. Both consoles are different. Therefore they will have different aspects. This option may seem easier. But it is not something that is deperately needed, unless a majority of users demands for this to be added.

Message 5 of 138 (671 Views)
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Apr 7, 2014

And what about the dozens of other thigns that are desperately needed like Friend notifications, organize the UI, Pause downloads....X1 has this now what is soyn doing? Mp3, DLNA, and on and on. The OS is barebones. What about suspend, resume, x1 has this, what is sony doing/

Message 6 of 138 (659 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6102 posts

Apr 7, 2014
You mean an OS based software company is faster at OS based software than a hardware based company?

While I do agree waiting for the updates IS getting annoying, pointing at microsoft and going "theyre faster" is pointless. The xboxs advantage has always been their OS software. Whereas sonys advantage is building the best hardware.

Eventually Sony will have its OS catch up to microsofts and when it does the only thing that will matter is that the ps4 is a better machine.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 7 of 138 (624 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: Sony too slow with Software/OS updates

Apr 7, 2014

Microsoft will release Windows 8.1 update 1 tomorrow.

Message 8 of 138 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Apr 7, 2014

Dragoon094 wrote:

Microsoft will release Windows 8.1 update 1 tomorrow.

This is wHY Crapbix one sees updates so fast. It uses Windows lol. When the OS dies as windows often does. What will these gamers do when they have to send it back ot MS for a re format or what ever else it may need to fix windows issues.

Message 9 of 138 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4457 posts

Apr 7, 2014

I fully agree that Sony is taking too long with their updates. Microsoft already has implemented many features people have been asking for while Sony is going real slow. I just read that Microsoft is adding Youtube uploading tomorrow to Xbox One which is a huge deal. Sony needs to step it up or Microsoft is going to win this war.

Message 10 of 138 (581 Views)