PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Playstation 4

Feb 2, 2013

G_BEDSPREAD wrote:

All I wanna know is if PS4 will have GG45 connections? by technology default the video,RAM, and processing power are all going to be amazing. even down to the look of it. but we need Compatibility with Cat7a patch cords. I'm using Cat6a shielded now and it's the limit as far ethernet speed is concerned. We hit the limit in consoles that have RJ45 connections. this will put the P$4, lol, on par with the capabilities of PC's. Anyone disagree, I thought not!! now it comes down to the video graphics card to be able to hadle all the demands the Cat7a cable is requiring. And lastly the Processor better be some crazy piece of work to be in charge of all of the components of a system like this, that would needs to sustain superior Gaming like never even dreamed of.

and also the HARD DRIVE has to be SDD and the RAM at least 16GB.

The cooling system must be able to keep the machine from overheating with ease. (hopefully it's not loud)

if any hardcore gamer can tell me what is missing, I'd be happy to hear it.

I'm pretty sure that the PS4 won't have a GG45 connection. Internet speeds in the US can't even begin to support those speeds for the most part, it is likely that the PS4 will have a gigabit Ethernet support just like the PS3.

SDD drives are still too expensive to put a decent sized one to ship with the machine, you can probably still add one on your own.

The last rumor I read was the PS4 will have 4GB of RAM, but it is very fast RAM...

Message 81 of 167 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7130 posts

Re: Sony to announce PS4 this February?

Feb 2, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

LOL more rumors.. im going to wait till the sony 10 yrs plan is up which is nov  2014..

The PS3 was released in the US & Japan in 2006. Ten years from then would be 2016, not 2014....

No,   ps3 was made in 2004/2005  then released 2006  and  didnt hit some places till  2007 /08.  the  development yr is counted  as the 1st yr. not the yr released on the market.

2005..2006. 2007.2008.2009, that  5 yrs.. 2010, 2011,2012, 2013 2014.   That 10 yrs .. Sony said they had  a 10yr plan.. lets keep that in mind..

Nope. That's not how it works. Sorry.

that how it work dude. Alot games  take 3 years to make a nd have been on the market for 1 yrs. your say thing game is 1 yrs old. its actually 4 yrs old.  Development of anything starts on paper not on the store shelf..   The clock starts when it  start with development not when it hit the market. 

A ten  yr cycle plan and a ten  yr public marking plan are two diffrent things man. Lets not confuse things.

I believe the average game development time is 18 months, 3 years is on the high end. With new consoles average development times are usually much shorter, because of the need to get a product available when the product launches, which I believe to be 9-12 months.

console develpment takes a very long long time 2-4yrs min & max.   It not  possible to slap a console togetter and the said  infrustruce in 18mth, it has never been done. 

this lead to the  10 yrs they stated. if they started in  2004/05 then  2014 is  ten yrs. No matter how you look at it.. They said a10 yr plan. 2014 is ten yrs. they may unveil it and  all but it wont hit usa shores till 2014. Now  they could started in 2003 and it debuted in 2005/6 which is  2013.  No one knows unless they come out and tell us..

Software and games all that is tricky buisness, it not 100% gureenteed to be there on debute

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 82 of 167 (258 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Feb 2, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

LOL more rumors.. im going to wait till the sony 10 yrs plan is up which is nov  2014..

The PS3 was released in the US & Japan in 2006. Ten years from then would be 2016, not 2014....

No,   ps3 was made in 2004/2005  then released 2006  and  didnt hit some places till  2007 /08.  the  development yr is counted  as the 1st yr. not the yr released on the market.

2005..2006. 2007.2008.2009, that  5 yrs.. 2010, 2011,2012, 2013 2014.   That 10 yrs .. Sony said they had  a 10yr plan.. lets keep that in mind..

that how it work dude. Alot games  take 3 years to make a nd have been on the market for 1 yrs. your say thing game is 1 yrs old. its actually 4 yrs old.  Development of anything starts on paper not on the store shelf..   The clock starts when it  start with development not when it hit the market. 

A ten  yr cycle plan and a ten  yr public marking plan are two diffrent things man. Lets not confuse things.

I believe the average game development time is 18 months, 3 years is on the high end. With new consoles average development times are usually much shorter, because of the need to get a product available when the product launches, which I believe to be 9-12 months.

console develpment takes a very long long time 2-4yrs min & max.   It not  possible to slap a console togetter and the said  infrustruce in 18mth, it has never been done. 

this lead to the  10 yrs they stated. if they started in  2004/05 then  2014 is  ten yrs. No matter how you look at it.. They said a10 yr plan. 2014 is ten yrs. they may unveil it and  all but it wont hit usa shores till 2014. Now  they could started in 2003 and it debuted in 2005/6 which is  2013.  No one knows unless they come out and tell us..

Software and games all that is tricky buisness, it not 100% gureenteed to be there on debute

I said the average development time for software is 18 months not the console itself.

It depends on the game how long it takes to develop, if it is a totally original property it could take years, but if it is a port it could just take months. For the Vita, I'm sure that Rayman Origins did not take very long at all to port over to the Vita, while Uncharted Golden Abysis probably did take a couple of years. I can pretty much guarantee that the COD game for the Vita was rushed, probably developed in 6-8 months. 

As for the "10 year plan", I'm sure if you are correct you shouldn't have any problem finding a source that verifies what you have said. You do agree that the "10 year plan" and the "10 year lifecycle" are the same thing, right?

Message 83 of 167 (252 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Feb 2, 2013

kythunder wrote:

its just my opinion but i think when they talk about a release it will be in 2014 sometime but i could be wrong it wouldn't be the first time lol...and i myself don't take what the WSJ takes as the gospel as they have been wrong about things before but i guess we will all find out come the 20th...MAYBE..

I'm not familure to times the WSJ would be wrong about business news. They have stated they have their own internal sources that has verified this information. 

Most likely the PS4 will launch in the US & Japan in 2013, and Europe in 2014, just like the PS3.

You also had concerns about the development of software for the PS4. While I'm sure that Sony's internal studios have the inside track on development systems; because the PS4 is so PC like in its archetecture, I think some 3rd parties can modifiy their existing PC projects easily over to the PS4. So I think it will be great if 3rd parties can develop PC, X720, and PS4 versions virtually simutaniously...

Message 84 of 167 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Feb 2, 2013

im not saying they are for sure wrong but they like to think they are ahead sometimes and jump the gun but i do agree on what you say about the ps4 being very PC like so who knows but i will just put my 1 dollar on it not coming out till 2014...theres just to much still going on with the ps3 to jump over that fast with new big titles coming and i think Sony could tee off some developers by doing it but my whole theory could just be my thinking and we will see soon enough...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 85 of 167 (239 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Feb 2, 2013
IMO the WSJ is one of the more conservative (and well respective) publications out there, I'm sure they double-check themselves before they publish news stories. But I am certain that the WSJ has better connections with Sony than the gaming publications out there...
Message 86 of 167 (206 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Open mouth, insert foot. lol

Message 87 of 167 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7130 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

I said the average development time for software is 18 months not the console itself.

It depends on the game how long it takes to develop, if it is a totally original property it could take years, but if it is a port it could just take months. For the Vita, I'm sure that Rayman Origins did not take very long at all to port over to the Vita, while Uncharted Golden Abysis probably did take a couple of years. I can pretty much guarantee that the COD game for the Vita was rushed, probably developed in 6-8 months. 

As for the "10 year plan", I'm sure if you are correct you shouldn't have any problem finding a source that verifies what you have said. You do agree that the "10 year plan" and the "10 year lifecycle" are the same thing, right?

It could be one and the same  but at same time  thats depends on sony defenitions (  i think  theyre saying 10 yr of planning) becuase history has shown they  have sold and supported  consoles longer than expected each time .  You have to remember they ran  ps2 for 12-13yrs and ran those servers for 10-11yrs(  online came down a little later in ps2 life time) . So my best guess is ps3 will be around till  2017, thats when  sony stop  making them but will still support  it. i think the ps3 servers will stay on long time,.  Just search  "ps3 ten yr plan"

If your talking gaming software(ip) time to make . Depends on the  type of games a ps  move take 3-8 mths to make ( some have taken a year) and contracts  and all that really  is a factor in timing of release of a game.  Its tricky.  i thought  you where talking about consoles. But software is very very  tricky, dealing with hardware of product is much easier in my opinion, Now  alot would disagree with me on that. Smiley Happy

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 88 of 167 (192 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Feb 2, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

It could be one and the same  but at same time  thats depends on sony defenitions (  i think  theyre saying 10 yr of planning) becuase history has shown they  have sold and supported  consoles longer than expected each time .  You have to remember they ran  ps2 for 12-13yrs and ran those servers for 10-11yrs(  online came down a little later in ps2 life time) . So my best guess is ps3 will be around till  2017, thats when  sony stop  making them but will still support  it. i think the ps3 servers will stay on long time,.  Just search  "ps3 ten yr plan"

If your talking gaming software(ip) time to make . Depends on the  type of games a ps  move take 3-8 mths to make ( some have taken a year) and contracts  and all that really  is a factor in timing of release of a game.  Its tricky.  i thought  you where talking about consoles. But software is very very  tricky, dealing with hardware of product is much easier in my opinion, Now  alot would disagree with me on that. Smiley Happy

Well to clarify things I (and the others on this thread) are talking about a 10 year lifecycle, which starts only after the system has been released for public consumption. If you try to incorporate the time it took to develop the console, then that gets more complicated since it isn't really known exactly when development began. One could easily argue that PS3 development began in 2001, since that is when the planning for the CELL processor began, given that logic you 10 year plan would have expired almost 2 years ago...

Message 89 of 167 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Feb 3, 2013

YEAH. GET HYPED for FEBRUARY 20TH!

Message 90 of 167 (162 Views)
0 Likes