First Son
5 posts

Playstation 4

Jan 19, 2013

So just to get opinions from other Playstation fans, I have been reading up on Sony's new thing against second hand gaming.  Now I am a true Playstation fan, I have had one since I was young with the PS1 and I love them way more than Xbox.  While I am not big into buying used games I love trading them in, which this new no second hand gaming would lower trade in values if not get rid of them entirely.  It's either no playing used games or having to pay a fee to play from what I have heard.  Now getting an Xbox would also mean me buying a Blu ray player for the collection I have gotten up over the years, but there is no point to me in having 20 30 games and only playing 5 to 10.  So the question, would you get an Xbox if Sony went through with this and Microsoft didn't?

Message 8 of 167 (1,229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6532 posts

Re: Playstation 4

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

Same exact RUMORS in 2005 before the PS3 came out.  ...did it happen?

PlayStation 3s won't play borrowed, used, or rented games

The site cites Sony US Patent #6,816,972, which is for "a device and method for protection of legitimate software against used software and counterfeit software in recording media." Specifically, the patented technology would verify that when software was inserted into a "machine" (read: console), it was registered to that machine. If it couldn't, the technology would prompt the machine to shut down, preventing the software from being accessed.

PlayStation 3 won't play used games?

The latest rumor, generated from several patent sites, claims that Sony has secured a patent for a disk technology that prevents the use of used, as well as pirated, software.

No Pre-Owned Games to be Allowed for PS3?

A story is making its way around cyberspace today at lighting speed, with the worrying message that Sony is planning to prevent people from playing pre-owned games on their PS3.

Sony Respond to DRM Rumors

A few days ago we reported on a rumor that suggested that Sony could be using a new DRM (Digital Rights Management) system to prevent people from playing second hand games on their PS3. Sony has now commented on the rumor, confirming that the newly patented DRM system will not be used in the PS3.

"I would like to clarify that this is false speculation and that PlayStation 3 software will not be copy protected to a single machine but will be playable on any PlayStation 3 console," said a Sony Computer Entertainment Europe spokesperson.

So there you have it, it was all rumors, but we kind of knew that already didn’t we…

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 9 of 167 (1,216 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7248 posts

Jan 19, 2013
It's possible that it will happen.
energy
Message 10 of 167 (1,206 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 2, 2013

All I wanna know is if PS4 will have GG45 connections? by technology default the video,RAM, and processing power are all going to be amazing. even down to the look of it. but we need Compatibility with Cat7a patch cords. I'm using Cat6a shielded now and it's the limit as far ethernet speed is concerned. We hit the limit in consoles that have RJ45 connections. this will put the P$4, lol, on par with the capabilities of PC's. Anyone disagree, I thought not!! now it comes down to the video graphics card to be able to hadle all the demands the Cat7a cable is requiring. And lastly the Processor better be some crazy piece of work to be in charge of all of the components of a system like this, that would needs to sustain superior Gaming like never even dreamed of.

and also the HARD DRIVE has to be SDD and the RAM at least 16GB.

The cooling system must be able to keep the machine from overheating with ease. (hopefully it's not loud)

if any hardcore gamer can tell me what is missing, I'd be happy to hear it.

Message 79 of 167 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4020 posts

Sony Will Announce The Next PlayStation On February 20

Feb 1, 2013

Message 62 of 167 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: Sony Will Announce The Next PlayStation On February 20

Feb 1, 2013

No more hopes... No more.

BF3 Stats
BF3 Stats
BF3 StatsBF3 Stats
Message 74 of 167 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3281 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

VictorVKiller wrote:

No more hopes... No more.

Oh god..... he's back

EVERYONE RUN!!!!

Also..... omg that video actually got me excited!! Can't wait for e3 this year, going to be massive!

Edit: However thinking back i've decided this is unlikely to be the PS4. Sony lead said himself he was going to let microsoft go first just recently in an interview, so it wouldn't make sense really..... unless that was a ploy to throw people off. Hhhhhmmm either way I see Microsoft gaining further ground on Sony in the next generation of consoles, Sony are simply out of touch with gamers right now.

Message 75 of 167 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Feb 1, 2013

This is the 3rd thread we have about this.... keep it to one thread please... this isn't reddit where people can vote you up or down aka karma.....

Furiously Chaosing
Message 76 of 167 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4020 posts

Feb 1, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

This is the 3rd thread we have about this.... keep it to one thread please... this isn't reddit where people can vote you up or down aka karma.....

Mod moved this here from the MAG forum.

Message 77 of 167 (219 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Sony to announce PS4 this February?

Feb 2, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

LOL more rumors.. im going to wait till the sony 10 yrs plan is up which is nov  2014..

The PS3 was released in the US & Japan in 2006. Ten years from then would be 2016, not 2014....

No,   ps3 was made in 2004/2005  then released 2006  and  didnt hit some places till  2007 /08.  the  development yr is counted  as the 1st yr. not the yr released on the market.

2005..2006. 2007.2008.2009, that  5 yrs.. 2010, 2011,2012, 2013 2014.   That 10 yrs .. Sony said they had  a 10yr plan.. lets keep that in mind..

Nope. That's not how it works. Sorry.

that how it work dude. Alot games  take 3 years to make a nd have been on the market for 1 yrs. your say thing game is 1 yrs old. its actually 4 yrs old.  Development of anything starts on paper not on the store shelf..   The clock starts when it  start with development not when it hit the market. 

A ten  yr cycle plan and a ten  yr public marking plan are two diffrent things man. Lets not confuse things.

That's like saying that even though I was born in 1987 I'm really 34 years old because my mom thought about having a kid since she was 18 years old. It doesn't work like that.

what you tlking about dude. i  said  when you make aproduct the development yrs are counted as well.  if where start a project  they will  ask how long  you been working on it. and you reply  we havent started..?  They will  ask how much development cost,  they will ask  how long have  you been planning this.? and say you i havent planned it.   Guess what you... just lost a deal?

Now if  i have planning a developing this  thing for 2 yrs.   and give number of  i have  ex  400$ spend in development,  and  they  ask  what could what do sell it for, i  say 600$..  they say   those are good number in your development of   3 yr project.

It has nothing to with your date of birth. i dont know  why you  would say something  so out range  when talking about how buisness do buisnees.. Anyone will tell you  a products age  start in development( on paper) not when it hit the shelf . becuase they have to do  the cost and profit before it even hit the shelf.  shelf life  and development life are  two diffrent things.

Everthing made had a projected sales to meet  before ( these are called development cost). You cant do that on  whim slapping product together and stick it on the shelf and say this our 1st  yr.   The yr something is developed or planned.is not the same it  debut onthe shelf.  some item take yrs  before it hit the market shelf  dude. The car you drive have been in development production for yrs.  On the  market it might 1 yrs old 2013, but it been in development for 10 yrs. so that make it 11 yrs old  dude.  

your acatully  trying   compare your birth date of  birth to a  way a product  is develop, ???

1512213484_21883255_answer_2_xlarge.png 

If that is what you want to believe, fine, but it isn't correct. As you can see no one else is agreeing with you.

The 10 year product life cycle, does not include its development time, you keep making that assumption/mistake..... 

Message 80 of 167 (194 Views)