PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Sony to announce PS4 this February?

Feb 1, 2013

cosmicjenius wrote:

Captain I if you paid attention more there has been a BUZZ in the air.  This is the real thing and on schedule. Guess you are to cynical to accept it tho. 

The Captain is set in his ways, and won't believe anything until Sony announces it officially.

Before the original PS Slim came out, there was a Sony Employee (with the handle of Super_Secret) on a separate forum, revealed detailed news about what the new PS3 model was going to be like. To prove that his information wasn't bogus, he also stated when the next PS3 firmware update would be (which wasn't announced at that time). When the time came, Sony announced and released that firmware update. Even then the Captain refused to believe what Super_Secret had said.

By the way Super_Secret's information was 100% accurate.

While I agree that all rumors should be filtered through a little bit of skepticism, it appears to be all black and white to him.

Rumors isn't the only thing the Captain has a problem with, he also has a low opinion on gaming journalism and gamers in general...

Message 24 of 167 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Feb 1, 2013

In his defense.... I agree that you should never take anyones word for anything in such context unless its been officially made.

I merely take it as entertainment, the same way I read the Enquirer when stuck in a long line at the grocery store. It passes the time.

While I'm leaving any speculation until such time, I'll be laughing my butt off if its not some actual PS4 announcement

Furiously Chaosing
Message 25 of 167 (373 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Im not going to click that link

http://www.neurope.eu/article/playstation-4-way

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 26 of 167 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2142 posts

Feb 1, 2013
If they just say the Ps4 is underway.... fine. If they state the Ps4 is set to launch later this year.... **bleep**.

We dont need the Ps4 just yet. IMO the Ps3 is still running strong. So why release another console and possibly being in the same situation as with the Ps3, taking years to even start making a profit.
I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 27 of 167 (340 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38828 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

cosmicjenius wrote:

Captain I if you paid attention more there has been a BUZZ in the air.  This is the real thing and on schedule. Guess you are to cynical to accept it tho. 

The Captain is set in his ways, and won't believe anything until Sony announces it officially.

Before the original PS Slim came out, there was a Sony Employee (with the handle of Super_Secret) on a separate forum, revealed detailed news about what the new PS3 model was going to be like. To prove that his information wasn't bogus, he also stated when the next PS3 firmware update would be (which wasn't announced at that time). When the time came, Sony announced and released that firmware update. Even then the Captain refused to believe what Super_Secret had said.

By the way Super_Secret's information was 100% accurate.

While I agree that all rumors should be filtered through a little bit of skepticism, it appears to be all black and white to him.

Rumors isn't the only thing the Captain has a problem with, he also has a low opinion on gaming journalism and gamers in general...

I hadn't realized that you & the Cap't were so close Logical!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 28 of 167 (335 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8881 posts

Feb 1, 2013

OMG they're going to announce cross game chat!!!

Message 29 of 167 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Feb 1, 2013

was wondering when this rumor mill would start up today after all the FB posts about it but Sony has not said anything about the ps4 being announced on the 20th..people really need some comprehension skills,not saying it isn't but they have not said it and even if it is about it,you think its just going to come out in a few months??

the devs are just now getting their hands on developer units and you think a game collection is going to happen that quick so if it was to come out this year you will have a console with 2 or 3 games that suck in every aspect wondering why you wasted your money so early when you could have waited for some real games and the price to drop a little on the console...

i still think there will be no PS4 this year as it just wouldn't make any sense since the developer units are just now going out and that reason alone is enough to justify the reason so surely Sony knows this..LMAO

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 30 of 167 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9524 posts

Feb 1, 2013

kythunder wrote:

was wondering when this rumor mill would start up today after all the FB posts about it but Sony has not said anything about the ps4 being announced on the 20th..people really need some comprehension skills,not saying it isn't but they have not said it and even if it is about it,you think its just going to come out in a few months??

the devs are just now getting their hands on developer units and you think a game collection is going to happen that quick so if it was to come out this year you will have a console with 2 or 3 games that suck in every aspect wondering why you wasted your money so early when you could have waited for some real games and the price to drop a little on the console...

i still think there will be no PS4 this year as it just wouldn't make any sense since the developer units are just now going out and that reason alone is enough to justify the reason so surely Sony knows this..LMAO

um if i remember reading articles correctly, the devs have had the kits since sometime last year

Message 31 of 167 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Feb 1, 2013

you are correct..toward the end of last year they started going out...remember this year just started and it will take a few months to just get their feet wet with the new units before they even start thinking about games..

Message 32 of 167 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Feb 1, 2013

and we all know whether we want to admit it or not most of the release titles for new consoles have weak graphics,buggy and not worth 10 bucks much less 60 or more..

Message 33 of 167 (305 Views)
0 Likes