Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

LOL more rumors.. im going to wait till the sony 10 yrs plan is up which is nov  2014..

The PS3 was released in the US & Japan in 2006. Ten years from then would be 2016, not 2014....

No,   ps3 was made in 2004/2005  then released 2006  and  didnt hit some places till  2007 /08.  the  development yr is counted  as the 1st yr. not the yr released on the market.

2005..2006. 2007.2008.2009, that  5 yrs.. 2010, 2011,2012, 2013 2014.   That 10 yrs .. Sony said they had  a 10yr plan.. lets keep that in mind..

Nope. That's not how it works. Sorry.

that how it work dude. Alot games  take 3 years to make a nd have been on the market for 1 yrs. your say thing game is 1 yrs old. its actually 4 yrs old.  Development of anything starts on paper not on the store shelf..   The clock starts when it  start with development not when it hit the market. 

A ten  yr cycle plan and a ten  yr public marking plan are two diffrent things man. Lets not confuse things.

I believe the average game development time is 18 months, 3 years is on the high end. With new consoles average development times are usually much shorter, because of the need to get a product available when the product launches, which I believe to be 9-12 months.

console develpment takes a very long long time 2-4yrs min & max.   It not  possible to slap a console togetter and the said  infrustruce in 18mth, it has never been done. 

this lead to the  10 yrs they stated. if they started in  2004/05 then  2014 is  ten yrs. No matter how you look at it.. They said a10 yr plan. 2014 is ten yrs. they may unveil it and  all but it wont hit usa shores till 2014. Now  they could started in 2003 and it debuted in 2005/6 which is  2013.  No one knows unless they come out and tell us..

Software and games all that is tricky buisness, it not 100% gureenteed to be there on debute

I said the average development time for software is 18 months not the console itself.

It depends on the game how long it takes to develop, if it is a totally original property it could take years, but if it is a port it could just take months. For the Vita, I'm sure that Rayman Origins did not take very long at all to port over to the Vita, while Uncharted Golden Abysis probably did take a couple of years. I can pretty much guarantee that the COD game for the Vita was rushed, probably developed in 6-8 months. 

As for the "10 year plan", I'm sure if you are correct you shouldn't have any problem finding a source that verifies what you have said. You do agree that the "10 year plan" and the "10 year lifecycle" are the same thing, right?

It could be one and the same  but at same time  thats depends on sony defenitions (  i think  theyre saying 10 yr of planning) becuase history has shown they  have sold and supported  consoles longer than expected each time .  You have to remember they ran  ps2 for 12-13yrs and ran those servers for 10-11yrs(  online came down a little later in ps2 life time) . So my best guess is ps3 will be around till  2017, thats when  sony stop  making them but will still support  it. i think the ps3 servers will stay on long time,.  Just search  "ps3 ten yr plan"

If your talking gaming software(ip) time to make . Depends on the  type of games a ps  move take 3-8 mths to make ( some have taken a year) and contracts  and all that really  is a factor in timing of release of a game.  Its tricky.  i thought  you where talking about consoles. But software is very very  tricky, dealing with hardware of product is much easier in my opinion, Now  alot would disagree with me on that. Smiley Happy

Well to clarify things I (and the others on this thread) are talking about a 10 year lifecycle, which starts only after the system has been released for public consumption. If you try to incorporate the time it took to develop the console, then that gets more complicated since it isn't really known exactly when development began. One could easily argue that PS3 development began in 2001, since that is when the planning for the CELL processor began, given that logic you 10 year plan would have expired almost 2 years ago...

Well to stay  optimistic, It could have began in  2001 becuase everything in business project starts on paper,  No will every know unless they say.. But its not my plan,  it sony's plan Smiley Wink.. We have see what they say about it..
Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 91 of 167 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4923 posts

Re: Sony to announce PS4 this February?

Feb 4, 2013

Are you guys gonna buy the PS4 shortly after it is released or are you gonna wait a while? Personally, I am going to wait for the slim model of the PS4. It will cost less, there will be a better lineup of PS4 games by then, and most of the technical problems will be worked out by then. I can't wait to hear the specs and details about the PS4.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 92 of 167 (333 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I'm probably not going to wait 3-4 years for Sony to redesign the PS4. I have a feeling that the PS4 isn't going to be that huge to begin with.

Depending on what I see, I will probably wait at least a year before I buy one...
Message 93 of 167 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4923 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I'm probably not going to wait 3-4 years for Sony to redesign the PS4. I have a feeling that the PS4 isn't going to be that huge to begin with.

Depending on what I see, I will probably wait at least a year before I buy one...

All three of Sony's home consoles have been a big success. I see no reason why the PS4 would be any different. I was an early adopter of the PS Vita (bought it within the first week of it's release). If I'm blown away by what the PS4 has to offer (full backwards compatibility, amazing specs, etc.) I might be an early adopter. It's too early to say yet actually.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
Message 94 of 167 (327 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Re: Playstation 4

Feb 4, 2013

And here i just bought my PS3 here in Dec Fawk 

Message 95 of 167 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4923 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Pasco1990 wrote:

And here i just bought my PS3 here in Dec Fawk 

You're a little late to the party. lol That's okay, the PS3 will probably still be supported by Sony through at least 2016 or 2017 (probably longer).

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
Message 96 of 167 (324 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Yeah i know was a loyal 360 guy but mine started getting RROD so i mad the switch. 

Message 97 of 167 (320 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Feb 4, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

All three of Sony's home consoles have been a big success. I see no reason why the PS4 would be any different. I was an early adopter of the PS Vita (bought it within the first week of it's release). If I'm blown away by what the PS4 has to offer (full backwards compatibility, amazing specs, etc.) I might be an early adopter. It's too early to say yet actually.

I think one would get the best value if they purchase the PS4 on Black Friday 2014, assuming that the PS4 comes out in 2013. Before the fall of 2014, there will probably be long stretches of no new games that come out. But by the fall of 2014 there should be a sufficient amount of momentum befhind the platform...

Message 98 of 167 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Feb 4, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

Are you guys gonna buy the PS4 shortly after it is released or are you gonna wait a while? Personally, I am going to wait for the slim model of the PS4. It will cost less, there will be a better lineup of PS4 games by then, and most of the technical problems will be worked out by then. I can't wait to hear the specs and details about the PS4.

as Logical said if it does come out this year i will probably wait until around black friday 2014 before i get one but if theres any real selection of titles before then i may jump on it earlier but very doubtful..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 99 of 167 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Looking forward to what Sony has to show off. I hope those rumors about used games on ps4 aren't true though. Smiley Sad

I also hope the console footprint is a little smaller this time, haha! Smiley Very Happy

Message 100 of 167 (270 Views)
0 Likes