Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Re: Any information on the amount of servers in network?

Aug 27, 2013

SHANE523 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Wow, this has grown beyond rediculous. Sony where is the information about this new network? How many servers? How fast is network going to work?

WHY IS SONY DELIBERATELY KEEPING THIS INFORMATION TIGHT LIPPED? People you should be worried.

Why should people be worried? Does Netflix tell you their server config? How about Amazon? Google? What does it mean either way? Nothing. Great MS bought 300k servers. Does that mean all 300k are going to be used for "dedicated" servers? Wouldn't you think that a lot of those will be allocated for their "cloud" services that help the One process data? Or even other storage functions?

I have 15 servers and only 4 do similar processing. So why does it matter?

I should also add this thought.

What are the specs of those 300k servers? Are they Xeon CPU, tons of RAM and HDD space servers? Or are the XBox One Consoles with server side software? Numbers mean nothing unless there is some beef behind the hardware. If you told me they are Quad Xeon 4 core CPUs, 128GB RAM and 32TB of HDD per server I might be impressed. But like I said, they could just be XBone consoles with server side software which is meh.

Shane, lol dude please quit. Your making no sense at all. How is it every bit of information has been released but the servers? I can tell you in the old days I have seen server crash because there was more gamers than it could handle. Now that everyone is brain washed into accepting a new costly network. Don't you want to know how your money is spend on this? Don't you want to game flawlessly and smoothly?

SO proving that your post is a total waste of time. The fact is sony has always done this type of behavior( always secrative). I've accepted it because you can't truly complain when something is free. Now that people are willing to pay, I want to know. Matter of fact you should be asking the same thing. Imagine day one of the ps4 and you try to log in and can't. IM sure you would the first in line crying on the sony customer care asking whats going on. Thats my point. NOW IT COST MONEY.

SO how is your dollar working for you the gamer? I know you don't know this answer and its time sony coughs it up.

Message 21 of 54 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Re: Sony tell us about the network, we know nothing thanks to you???????

Aug 27, 2013
Expect there to be network issues for the X1 and PS4 when they are first released. It's just unrealistic to expect everything to go flawlessly. It's how it is for many popular online games, so expect some quirks the first few days.
Message 22 of 54 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Aug 27, 2013

ErinH88 wrote:
Expect there to be network issues for the X1 and PS4 when they are first released. It's just unrealistic to expect everything to go flawlessly. It's how it is for many popular online games, so expect some quirks the first few days.

Erin, I assumed that but I am talking about the fact no one knows anything about the servers and network. How is it day one of press release and mircrosoft throws out their numbers and what does sony do? Nothing. DO you think sony is in over their heads? Possibly, because they have never ran a network before.

Right now the numbers of pre-orders are around 1.5 million for the ps4, so is there enough servers to handle that amount of people? Lets not forget all the stuff thats suppose to be moving back and forth from downloads to chat and gaming on MP??????? I say if your paying for it, you deserve some kind of reply.

Message 23 of 54 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Aug 27, 2013
Yeah, I generally agree. I think people who say stuff like "You sound hard to please" are sheep. You want these companies to please you -- I'm not sure why people defend Microsoft, Sony, or any other companies. My main beef with Sony right now is that the only things that have been coming out of their mouths since E3 was "Insert Microsoft low blow here" and "Indies, indies, indies." Meanwhile, Microsoft has been doing things like "Ask Microsoft anything." I know more about the X1 than PS4 at this point.
Message 24 of 54 (197 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7031 posts

Aug 27, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Wow, this has grown beyond rediculous. Sony where is the information about this new network? How many servers? How fast is network going to work?

WHY IS SONY DELIBERATELY KEEPING THIS INFORMATION TIGHT LIPPED? People you should be worried.

Why should people be worried? Does Netflix tell you their server config? How about Amazon? Google? What does it mean either way? Nothing. Great MS bought 300k servers. Does that mean all 300k are going to be used for "dedicated" servers? Wouldn't you think that a lot of those will be allocated for their "cloud" services that help the One process data? Or even other storage functions?

What are the specs of those 300k servers? Are they Xeon CPU, tons of RAM and HDD space servers? Or are the XBox One Consoles with server side software? Numbers mean nothing unless there is some beef behind the hardware. If you told me they are Quad Xeon 4 core CPUs, 128GB RAM and 32TB of HDD per server I might be impressed. But like I said, they could just be XBone consoles with server side software which is meh.

Shane, lol dude please quit. Your making no sense at all. How is it every bit of information has been released but the servers? I can tell you in the old days I have seen server crash because there was more gamers than it could handle. Now that everyone is brain washed into accepting a new costly network. Don't you want to know how your money is spend on this? Don't you want to game flawlessly and smoothly?

SO proving that your post is a total waste of time. The fact is sony has always done this type of behavior( always secrative). I've accepted it because you can't truly complain when something is free. Now that people are willing to pay, I want to know. Matter of fact you should be asking the same thing. Imagine day one of the ps4 and you try to log in and can't. IM sure you would the first in line crying on the sony customer care asking whats going on. Thats my point. NOW IT COST MONEY.

SO how is your dollar working for you the gamer? I know you don't know this answer and its time sony coughs it up.

It doesn't make sense to YOU because YOU don't understand!

BTW YOU keep blaming Sony for server crashes due to overload of the gaming. Here is some news for you that most everyone else has known for a LONG time.....Sony didn't control those servers, they were provided by the DEV!! Even Warhawk had to have the dev supply the server infrastructure! Sony didn't have anything to do with this. Can you please get that. I know it is SOOOO Simple that it is hard for you to understand but give up. You DON'T know what you are talking about and have no clue how these things work.

Do you ask how MS has their network/server setup each time you buy a new computer and want to know how updates are going to be provided? No. But guess what, you ARE paying for that! LOL

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 25 of 54 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1650 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Ok let me ask you this. Keep in mind I am not a sony "appolgist" as you call them, seeing as I just came over here after leaving xbox. I think reasonably. So let me ask you, do you honestly think Sony doesn't know what they are doing? Do you think they would want the bad publicity, the humiliation, the potential for dev's to leave them if they didn't have enough servers and things crashed? I mean really? I would think they would have this under control, seeing as they have delt with servers for the past what? decade? (PS1, PS2, PS3, ect). Honestly I think your worrying about nothing. Do you realize the backlash that would follow not only from the fans, but from the media and microsoft as well? I think they got it. This thing where people feel entitled to know every little bit of info right this sceond needs to stop. No one has to to tell anyone anything, we should be grateful we know what we know...

Message 26 of 54 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Aug 27, 2013

To all the XBots here posting non sense there is something for you it's called the XB1.

I think your showing your insecurities, your concern that maybe just maybe the PS4 is as good

All the developers all the tech experts all the reviews suggest it is.

I considered the XB1 until MS tried to pull a quick one on us.

You consider anyone that is logical an apologist for Sony.

None of us have the ability to know what Sony has in mind.

They have not and will not come here to reply to your questions.

So what are you trying to get an actual number of servers what will it do for you?

If they said 100,000 you would complain. If they said 1,000,000 servers you would dispute that.

Get the picture you will never be happy with anything Sony does now or in the future.

Sounds like XB1 is in your future, now you can go home now to the Cloooouuuuddddsssssssssssssssssss.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 27 of 54 (171 Views)
MVP Support
6000 posts

Aug 27, 2013

ErinH88 wrote:
Yeah, I generally agree. I think people who say stuff like "You sound hard to please" are sheep. You want these companies to please you -- I'm not sure why people defend Microsoft, Sony, or any other companies. My main beef with Sony right now is that the only things that have been coming out of their mouths since E3 was "Insert Microsoft low blow here" and "Indies, indies, indies." Meanwhile, Microsoft has been doing things like "Ask Microsoft anything." I know more about the X1 than PS4 at this point.

http://x.co/ps4info

Message 28 of 54 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

SHANE523 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

SHANE523 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

It doesn't make sense to YOU because YOU don't understand!

BTW YOU keep blaming Sony for server crashes due to overload of the gaming. Here is some news for you that most everyone else has known for a LONG time.....Sony didn't control those servers, they were provided by the DEV!! Even Warhawk had to have the dev supply the server infrastructure! Sony didn't have anything to do with this. Can you please get that. I know it is SOOOO Simple that it is hard for you to understand but give up. You DON'T know what you are talking about and have no clue how these things work.

Do you ask how MS has their network/server setup each time you buy a new computer and want to know how updates are going to be provided? No. But guess what, you ARE paying for that! LOL

Hey Shane, you think you know everything huh? Well sir my developers of my games was owned by Sony. Matter of fact not only did sony own the developers they owned the servers as well. Matter of fact Sony last year told us that they were finally sh\utting the servers down, not the developers. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Goes to show that you know squat!!!

Whats ironic is that you don't know either about the servers. But according to you sony can't do know wrong. LMAO pleaz. I have been with sony for a long time and I have let some things go because I was having fun. The point being is when sony decides to start asking for money for servers and network. Well now Its time to know. Traditionally sony has always kept quiet and at times thats a huge downfall. Not knowing is just as bad as knowing(ex-microsoft). Oh would you let someone sell you something even though you have never seen it? Not smart is it? LOL You kids just don't think.

Yet as it pertains to this new network, no one knows a thing. I have had games made only for MP side and guess what. Sony had that screwed. Couldn't log in for the first 3 days. Your think sony is so perfect? Have you not looked around these forums. error, this or error that, YLOD and the list goes on, hate to burst your bubble but a lot of that is sony not doing things properly. Anyway,

Lets hear about the servers since you know so much......... Show me a link on how great the servers are why your at it.

Message 29 of 54 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Aug 27, 2013

da1writer wrote:

ErinH88 wrote:

http://x.co/ps4info

exactly my point. Sony just walking around with their chest out while telling us how great we are. yet we know nothing....

Message 30 of 54 (148 Views)
0 Likes