Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2008
Offline
4927 posts
 

Re: Any information on the amount of servers in network?

Aug 27, 2013

Wow, this has grown beyond rediculous. Sony where is the information about this new network? How many servers? How fast is network going to work?

 

 

WHY IS SONY DELIBERATELY KEEPING THIS INFORMATION TIGHT LIPPED? People you should be worried.

Message 11 of 54 (251 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Offline
13577 posts
 

Re: Any information on the amount of servers in network?

Aug 27, 2013

Sure, let's plan for something in the future that we can't do until we actually start receiving revenue.

 

Right.

 

Xbox can announce it because they've been using the P2P model for years now. So they already have the finances.

 

Sony is going to be using the finances generated from the PS+ subs for PS4. Obviously the PS4 isn't out yet, so they don't know how much money they're actually going to be receiving.

 

So if they announce "We're going to launch 300,000 servers" but only get enough + subscriptions for 150,000, then it looks bad.

 

But if they announce anything less than 300,000, then people will be disappointed because Xbox is getting that or something.

 

 

So it's a lose-lose if they announce what the hell they're doing right now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 54 (249 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15342 posts
 

Re: Any information on the amount of servers in network?

Aug 27, 2013

Once you get this figure, uh-oh, what do you do with it? Will knowing that number make you sleep at night?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 13 of 54 (246 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Offline
13577 posts
 

Re: Any information on the amount of servers in network?

Aug 27, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

Once you get this figure, uh-oh, what do you do with it? Will knowing that number make you sleep at night?


Probably. It's not like he's getting a PS4 anyway

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 54 (243 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2006
Online
5187 posts
 

Re: Any information on the amount of servers in network?

Aug 27, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

Once you get this figure, uh-oh, what do you do with it? Will knowing that number make you sleep at night?


He's just going to find something else to complain about. 

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 15 of 54 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2004
Offline
7031 posts
 

Re: Any information on the amount of servers in network?

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Wow, this has grown beyond rediculous. Sony where is the information about this new network? How many servers? How fast is network going to work?

 

 

WHY IS SONY DELIBERATELY KEEPING THIS INFORMATION TIGHT LIPPED? People you should be worried.


Why should people be worried? Does Netflix tell you their server config? How about Amazon? Google? What does it mean either way? Nothing. Great MS bought 300k servers. Does that mean all 300k are going to be used for "dedicated" servers? Wouldn't you think that a lot of those will be allocated for their "cloud" services that help the One process data? Or even other storage functions?

 

I have 15 servers and only 4 do similar processing. So why does it matter?

 

I should also add this thought.

What are the specs of those 300k servers? Are they Xeon CPU, tons of RAM and HDD space servers? Or are the XBox One Consoles with server side software? Numbers mean nothing unless there is some beef behind the hardware. If you told me they are Quad Xeon 4 core CPUs, 128GB RAM and 32TB of HDD per server I might be impressed. But like I said, they could just be XBone consoles with server side software which is meh.

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 16 of 54 (234 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/24/2013
Offline
1050 posts
 

Re: Any information on the amount of servers in network?

Aug 27, 2013

I see MS has brain washed some people into thinking every online game they support will have 300,000

Dedicated servers. You want an answer? NO they will not, it is entirely up to the game developer.

If the developer is willing to pay MS money then that game will have them. The 300,000 servers that MS says they will have do you really think they are just for gaming, No really. Yes then I have prime Mountain Views for sale just outside Miami Beach.

If no. Then you haven't been brainwashed and your head is not in the "clouds". Good for you.

 

I started this thread by not directly answering the OPs question. As I have sensed everything that some say

Is against everything Sony is trying to do. If some people and you know who you are, are so upset

and against the PS4 and Sony why do you act like your getting a PS4 when clearly your not.

Last I checked when I was outraged against a company for demanding I be a pond, an open wallet, a tool to be

used for corporate gain it was by 1 company I think we know the company and it's not Sony.

 

Now use all your arguments against the PS4 and get an XB1 because MS really cares for you.

It's not your money they want it's your happiness. That's why all the 180's to make you happy. Sarcasm

 

Ok now to your question if you really care?

Sony has stated they have been involved in talks with rackspace. We don't know the details yet.

Keep in mind before you say but, but, but that doesn't answer the question. I know the train of thought now.

Rackspace is far larger than anything MS has.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 17 of 54 (219 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/19/2005
Offline
3098 posts
 

Re: Any information on the amount of servers in network?

Aug 27, 2013

SHANE523 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Wow, this has grown beyond rediculous. Sony where is the information about this new network? How many servers? How fast is network going to work?

 

 

WHY IS SONY DELIBERATELY KEEPING THIS INFORMATION TIGHT LIPPED? People you should be worried.


Why should people be worried? Does Netflix tell you their server config? How about Amazon? Google? What does it mean either way? Nothing. Great MS bought 300k servers. Does that mean all 300k are going to be used for "dedicated" servers? Wouldn't you think that a lot of those will be allocated for their "cloud" services that help the One process data? Or even other storage functions?

 

I have 15 servers and only 4 do similar processing. So why does it matter?

 

I should also add this thought.

What are the specs of those 300k servers? Are they Xeon CPU, tons of RAM and HDD space servers? Or are the XBox One Consoles with server side software? Numbers mean nothing unless there is some beef behind the hardware. If you told me they are Quad Xeon 4 core CPUs, 128GB RAM and 32TB of HDD per server I might be impressed. But like I said, they could just be XBone consoles with server side software which is meh.


   Shane you are correct.  He is making a big deal out of this to continue his crusade of making the PS4 and PSN for PS4 look bad.

Message 18 of 54 (204 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2004
Offline
7031 posts
 

Re: Any information on the amount of servers in network?

Aug 27, 2013

Sony just announced it is 10,000 of these servers....

 

21.png

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 19 of 54 (192 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 05/14/2012
Offline
514 posts
 

Re: Any information on the amount of servers in network?

Aug 27, 2013
I'm with you OP. Sony apologist are the worst. Like wives saying there's not a problem when their husband beat them
Message 20 of 54 (180 Views)
0 Likes