Highlighted
Aug 25 2013
By: uh--oh Treasure Hunter 4927 posts

Sony tell us about the network, we know nothing thanks to you???????

[ Edited ]
53 replies 392 views Edited Aug 27, 2013

Roughly three months till ps4 is released and IM still trying to find out how large this new network is going to be. Anyone else found out this yet? Why is sony keeping this quiet? 

Message 1 of 54 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Re: Any information on the amount of servers in network?

Aug 25, 2013

Because its most likely less than 300k

most companies only talk about positives only simple people can enjoy

like how the Xbox One has 5 billion Transistors. Thats a big number

if Sony said they had 4.7 billion transistors some people would think that means something.

you will notice MS simply say 8gb ram they never say it DDR3 cause that looks bad

Sony may only have 100k servers which will be fine but its a lower number so its not mentioned.

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 2 of 54 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Aug 25, 2013

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

Because its most likely less than 300k

most companies only talk about positives only simple people can enjoy

like how the Xbox One has 5 billion Transistors. Thats a big number

if Sony said they had 4.7 billion transistors some people would think that means something.

you will notice MS simply say 8gb ram they never say it DDR3 cause that looks bad

Sony may only have 100k servers which will be fine but its a lower number so its not mentioned.

Spiral, IM guessing its lower too but those numbers you mention will casue a huge problem with the amount of people loggin on.

I've seen some guestimates that were lower than 100,000 and I just can't see that as accurate. Even you have to be concerned at this point for if sales are around 2 million for the ps4, how would 100,000 servers be appropraite enough and not crash once gaming starts?

Message 3 of 54 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Aug 25, 2013

not really

there are 80million ps3's out in the wild all with free online

and i think the ps3 network is 30k?

Message 4 of 54 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Aug 25, 2013

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

not really

Spiral, I've seen probs when the server is 100,000. You got a full network now in which a multitude of events occuring simulaneously. Streaming, chat, etc.... This is definately something to be concerned about. Anyway I hope when someone finds out the will post here on in forums. I am curious and still very undecided at this point. Im still mad about the charge for MP..lol but thats another story I don't want to get into ...lol\

Message 5 of 54 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Aug 25, 2013

you sound a bit hard to please.

Nintendo still has free servers

sure sony is charging for multiplayer but the free games should save you the 50 a year.

Message 6 of 54 (366 Views)
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Aug 25, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

not really

Spiral, I've seen probs when the server is 100,000. You got a full network now in which a multitude of events occuring simulaneously. Streaming, chat, etc.... This is definately something to be concerned about. Anyway I hope when someone finds out the will post here on in forums. I am curious and still very undecided at this point. Im still mad about the charge for MP..lol but thats another story I don't want to get into ...lol\

Looks like toxic hit the nail on the head nice and early with this guy lol.  I have said it before i will let Sony's engineers decide how much we need and I will hold off on any complaints until I have a problem that would deserve a complaint.  If you are worried just wait until the numbers are released or if they are not wait until the system launches and come back to the forums at that time and hear what people have to say.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 7 of 54 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Aug 25, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

not really

Looks like toxic hit the nail on the head nice and early with this guy lol.  I have said it before i will let Sony's engineers decide how much we need and I will hold off on any complaints until I have a problem that would deserve a complaint.  If you are worried just wait until the numbers are released or if they are not wait until the system launches and come back to the forums at that time and hear what people have to say.

Wow, IM totally amazed. All I am doing is asking if anyone has heard anything about the amount of servers for the new network. What do I get? Bunch of people complaining. Its simple, instead of coming here crying just answer the question that you don't know and then move on. How hard is that to understand.

I am wanting to know since gamescon was going on and I didn't have time to keep up with it, to where sony may have release information of that I am unaware. There I have broken this down to simplistic question. Have a good day.. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 54 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Aug 25, 2013
You brought this upon yourself by acting like a baby since e3. You have no one to blame but yourself. No one is gonna take you seriously now
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 9 of 54 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Aug 25, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
You brought this upon yourself by acting like a baby since e3. You have no one to blame but yourself. No one is gonna take you seriously now

LOL Toxic really doesn't matter. The topic of thread is a question about the servers. Its real simple, either you know or you don't know. I don't care about feelings about me or anyone else. IF you want I can make a new thread explicitly just for you and other to share your feelings? Just say so and I will.

Message 10 of 54 (337 Views)
0 Likes