Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 02/01/2005
Offline
757 posts
 

Re: Sony still can't make a curve

Jul 19, 2005
wow nerds have hit a new low if ur looking at curves on the road instead of on girls n stuff:mantongue:
Image hosting by PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 51 of 85 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/06/2005
Offline
613 posts
 

Re: Sony still can't make a curve

Jul 19, 2005


DEMONIE wrote:


Children of Bodom wrote:
It's disappointing.
 
From F1:
 
 
 
Here's,a little something for the next time you're out in your car - look at,the lines painted on the roadway and see how many perfectly painted,lines there are.  The same goes for race tracks.  Did you,ever think that a flaw like this one could have been put in for the,sake of realism, just like uneven textures on the tracks,themselves.  It would be very easy to make a solid grey racetrack,with a perfect white outline all the way around, but how realistic,would that be?


Pretty realistic,,seeing as that's supposed to be a professional race track, which get,painted to high enough standards so as not to allow for a flaw like,that But the reason why those screenshots are unacceptable is that,the hardware is more than powerful enough to avoiding straight edges,like those (and that Eyedentify render looks very much like a PS2,model, which is probably what it is). I'm quite sure those renders are,using current technology to have content ready for E3 and other events.
Message 52 of 85 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/10/2004
Offline
443 posts
 

Re: Sony still can't make a curve

Jul 19, 2005

,
,
,Geise wrote:

,
,
,DEMONIE wrote:

,
,
,Children of Bodom wrote:
,
It's disappointing.
,
 
,
From F1:
,
,
 
,
 
,
 
,
Here's a little something for the next time you're out in your car - look at the lines painted on the roadway and see how many perfectly painted lines there are.  The same goes for race tracks.  Did you ever think that a flaw like this one could have been put in for the sake of realism, just like uneven textures on the tracks themselves.  It would be very easy to make a solid grey racetrack with a perfect white outline all the way around, but how realistic would that be?

,
,
Pretty realistic, seeing as that's supposed to be a professional race track, which get painted to high enough standards so as not to allow for a flaw like that But the reason why those screenshots are unacceptable is that the hardware is more than powerful enough to avoiding straight edges like those (and that Eyedentify render looks very much like a PS2 model, which is probably what it is). I'm quite sure those renders are using current technology to have content ready for E3 and other events.
,

,
,

I agree with the eyedentify shot but I really think you need to look a little closer at these high paint standards that you speak of on race tracks.  Sure from a grandstand, they may look perfect but to see as close as this shot looks, you'd have to be phisically sitting on the track and from that perspective I'm sure they're nowhere near perfect.,

Message 53 of 85 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/06/2005
Offline
613 posts
 

Re: Sony still can't make a curve

Jul 19, 2005


DEMONIE wrote:


Geise wrote:


DEMONIE wrote:


Children of Bodom wrote:
It's disappointing.
 
From F1:
 
 
 
Here's,a little something for the next time you're out in your car - look at,the lines painted on the roadway and see how many perfectly painted,lines there are.  The same goes for race tracks.  Did you,ever think that a flaw like this one could have been put in for the,sake of realism, just like uneven textures on the tracks,themselves.  It would be very easy to make a solid grey racetrack,with a perfect white outline all the way around, but how realistic,would that be?


Pretty,realistic, seeing as that's supposed to be a professional race track,,which get painted to high enough standards so as not to allow for a,flaw like that But the reason why those screenshots are unacceptable,is that the hardware is more than powerful enough to avoiding straight,edges like those (and that Eyedentify render looks very much like a PS2,model, which is probably what it is). I'm quite sure those renders are,using current technology to have content ready for E3 and other events.



I,agree with the eyedentify shot but I really think you need to look a,little closer at these high paint standards that you speak of on race,tracks.  Sure from a grandstand, they may look perfect but to see,as close as this shot looks, you'd have to be phisically sitting on the,track and from that perspective I'm sure they're nowhere near perfect.


I,said high enough standards to not allow for a flaw like that, I didn't,say perfect :smileywink:  (the drivable machines that lay road paint down,would be very difficult to maneuver like that anyway). That track is,obviously consistently segmented from whatever technique the developers,used to make it; don't kid yourself into thinking it was deliberately,done that way for "effect"... Race tracks do have flaws, but they don't,look like that.
Message 54 of 85 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/23/2002
Offline
4222 posts
 

Re: Sony still can't make a curve

Jul 19, 2005
Worst. Topic. Ever.,
ignore... dead site.
yellowstar net.

Message 55 of 85 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/19/2005
Offline
5073 posts
 

Re: Sony still can't make a curve

Jul 19, 2005

,
,
,Keire wrote:
Worst. Topic. Ever. ,

,
,

Why reply then? Topics dont drop when people bump them. If you dont like it, dont post


Message 56 of 85 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 10/21/2003
Offline
15686 posts
 

Re: Sony still can't make a curve

Jul 19, 2005


PhillyMike101 wrote:


Keire wrote:
Worst. Topic. Ever.



Why reply then? Topics dont drop when people bump them. If you dont like it, dont post


Because Here At Sony We Care About Our Consumers
Message 57 of 85 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/19/2005
Offline
5073 posts
 

Re: Sony still can't make a curve

Jul 19, 2005

,
,
,Jak_the_man wrote:

,
,
,PhillyMike101 wrote:
,

,
,
,Keire wrote:
Worst. Topic. Ever. ,

,
,

Why reply then? Topics dont drop when people bump them. If you dont like it, dont post

,
,
Because Here At Sony We Care About Our Consumers
,

,
,

Im coughing right now. If you dont know why, watch I Robot.


Message 58 of 85 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 10/21/2003
Offline
15686 posts
 

Re: Sony still can't make a curve

Jul 19, 2005


PhillyMike101 wrote:


Jak_the_man wrote:


PhillyMike101 wrote:


Keire wrote:
Worst. Topic. Ever.



Why reply then? Topics dont drop when people bump them. If you dont like it, dont post


Because Here At Sony We Care About Our Consumers



Im coughing right now. If you dont know why, watch I Robot.


lol! I saw it when it came out That part made me laugh
Message 59 of 85 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/21/2003
Offline
1866 posts
 

Re: Sony still can't make a curve

Jul 19, 2005

,
,
,Children of Bodom wrote:

,
,
,Verbal Kint wrote:
,

Your just nitpicking.

,

Besides, you shouldn't expect so much when the system and games aren't even finalized.

,

,
,

,
Expect so much? think about that.

,
,
Ever heard of a work in progress? these won't be out for atleast another year. That's what I meant by my comment.
,
Holy crap this site feels old, its almost 2008!
Message 60 of 85 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes