wow,
Message 41 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1282 posts

Re: Sony still can't make a curve

Jul 18, 2005

AGENT ZER0 wrote:
Thats why gakme developers have game testers. So that they can find flaws like that in the games.

Testers,are there to find flaws in the game code, not the modeling.  Most,of the time, there's nothing they can do about things like,segmentation.. there will always be a limit on how many polygons the,objects can have.  In reality, there will always be segmented,edges, it's completely unavoidable.  The trick is to add enough,polygons that those edges are not noticable.  And since these,systems have to render these models in 1/60th of a second, they'll,never be as high-poly as film-quality CGI models.
Message 42 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
509 posts

Jul 18, 2005

,led_zep_zoso wrote:
Oh no, paint. It, is just, paint. On the grounf. Start focussing on more important things than a small, straight edge please.

Edit: When you play the game, will that straight edge throw you off? If you crash because of the curve, you need to take a break from video games.

Message Edited by led_zep_zoso on 07-17-2005 09:44 PM

Did I say that it would throw me off? I can't believe what some of you guys are getting out of this
Message 43 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

Jul 18, 2005
Message 44 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2795 posts

Jul 18, 2005

Jedi2016 wrote:

AGENT ZER0 wrote:
Thats why gakme developers have game testers. So that they can find flaws like that in the games.

Testers,are there to find flaws in the game code, not the modeling.  Most,of the time, there's nothing they can do about things like,segmentation.. there will always be a limit on how many polygons the,objects can have.  In reality, there will always be segmented,edges, it's completely unavoidable.  The trick is to add enough,polygons that those edges are not noticable.  And since these,systems have to render these models in 1/60th of a second, they'll,never be as high-poly as film-quality CGI models.

don't forget the ones laughing at the testers for pointing out that stuff (since you explained why it can't be done yet).
Message 45 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Jul 18, 2005

Children of Bodom wrote:
It's disappointing.

From F1:

From Eyedentify:

This,isn't the final product man. You'll have to see when it comes out. And,to me, it's going to be really far off until you see the normal curve,or round graphic. BTW, isn't this really nitpicky?

Message Edited by banedraven on 07-18-2005 01:05 PM

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 46 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jul 18, 2005
If you're really looking for stuff like that when you're playing video games, I don't think you understand the purpose of a video game: it's to have fun.
Message 47 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Jul 18, 2005

,abercrombieco2 wrote:
you must have too much time on your hands to look at a picture that closly , just play the game and enjoy it. gesh.

Thats what I was thinking also.,
Message 48 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jul 19, 2005
in its essence, a curve is made up of small lines, so if u zoom in far enough your gonna see the lines....
Message 49 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
443 posts

Jul 19, 2005

,Children of Bodom wrote:
It's disappointing.

From F1:

Here's a little something for the next time you're out in your car - look at the lines painted on the roadway and see how many perfectly painted lines there are.  The same goes for race tracks.  Did you ever think that a flaw like this one could have been put in for the sake of realism, just like uneven textures on the tracks themselves.  It would be very easy to make a solid grey racetrack with a perfect white outline all the way around, but how realistic would that be?

Message 50 of 85 (19 Views)
0 Likes